Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Getchell gone

What happened? I just became a "friend" of "Getchell" - Joseph Jacotey like a day or two ago and went to write him a note and the account is gone: http://www.myspace.com/jacotey
I hope it's temporary.

Did any of you ever spend much time at his other website: http://jacotey.fr ?

Merci Fanny
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

yes roman, i have not observed that Getchell denied all of his friends and i observe that in Alizee's website too... what happend to him?

whether he is going to update his profile or completely removed his profile?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

That, um, sucks. Hope he comes back!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Getchell and I communicated back and forth a number of times. We sent each other some photos and he downloaded and listened to some of my music that was inspired by some of his photos. He never said anything about leaving. I think he was enjoying sharing his photography with the world and I think it showed in the effort he put into his myspace page.

Maybe he encountered some problem and decided to just cancel his membership. It may have been sudden, otherwise he could have sent out a bulletin to all his friends to say goodbye. I was really sad to see him go and I do hope he comes back. He seemed like a very nice person.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Getchell and I communicated back and forth a number of times. We sent each other some photos and he downloaded and listened to some of my music that was inspired by some of his photos. He never said anything about leaving. I think he was enjoying sharing his photography with the world and I think it showed in the effort he put into his myspace page.

Maybe he encountered some problem and decided to just cancel his membership. It may have been sudden, otherwise he could have sent out a bulletin to all his friends to say goodbye. I was really sad to see him go and I do hope he comes back. He seemed like a very nice person.

Great for you to have known him. He seemed like a very caring man and his photos were really quite awesome. I have the duo in the sunset one as my background. He never did accept my friend request But thats probably cause he thought I was just going to pester him bout Lili like im sure others were doing... o well

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Great for you to have known him. He seemed like a very caring man and his photos were really quite awesome. I have the duo in the sunset one as my background. He never did accept my friend request But thats probably cause he thought I was just going to pester him bout Lili like im sure others were doing... o well
I wish I could say I knew him. I wouldn't characterize our exchanges as really knowing him. Neither one of us ever mentioned Alizée. Quite frankly, it wasn't about her. It was about us sharing our hobbies.

The only part Alizée played in the whole thing is that because of her I became aware of him and his photography.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed his photos as well. He has a good eye.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I enjoyed his photos as well. He has a good eye.
I'd go as far as to say that he had two good eyes, but I'm not well versed in photography.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

that sucks... but i'm guessing he was getting harassed too much by lili fans...what a shame.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Yes, I hope that's not what happened. I did get an accepted friend request, but didn't get around to responding quickly enough. My MySpace profile says that Alizée is the only reason I joined MySpace. That's true, but my interest here was in his photography. I found a photo that I took a few years ago that I thought he might like and wanted to find a way to send it to him. Now I don't know I'm going to do about that. I'll keep checking his other website and see if he makes other methods of contact available. That really sucks if Lili fans drove him off the web. I'd love to talk to him about her too, but I know he's his own person and that's not what the site was about.

Did anyone see that one with the two green trees in the field with the mist and the mountains in the background? The seemingly merely coincidental symmetry alone makes it an amazing photograph, but more than that it really looks like a painting. That's one of my favorites.

Merci Fanny