Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

What do you think, but other then MJ and 50/60, I really can't see her dancing to these other songs. Where are the Youpido type or JBG type songs. I just picture her singing these slower song walking around the stage or sitting down on a step.

Maybe Jamais plus or Lily Town, but who knows till we her the whole songs.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAlizeeFan View Post
What do you think, but other then MJ and 50/60, I really can't see her dancing to these other songs. Where are the Youpido type or JBG type songs. I just picture her singing these slower song walking around the stage or sitting down on a step.

Maybe Jamais plus or Lily Town, but who knows till we her the whole songs.
Jamais Plus, although a little low key, is practically the same theme as all of her old songs.

EDIT: I'm guessing after reviewing Lead2Gold's singature, he doesn't like alizee anymore, and says he's "converted" to the Italian Laura Pausini. Guess hes not a fan of the album.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Jamais Plus, although a little low key, is practically the same theme as all of her old songs.

EDIT: I'm guessing after reviewing Lead2Gold's singature, he doesn't like alizee anymore, and says he's "converted" to the Italian Laura Pausini. Guess hes not a fan of the album.
Alizée fan? Yes

New album fan? No
Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

I really have no problem with the new songs that Alizée has out now at all...Ok there different then what we are used to hearing but really thats a good thing, its a change for us to get used to the new music that she has out for us to listen to, and it was probably hard for her to change herself to sing the song that she has made. So really lets just support her all we can!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I've just listened to the sound clips again, and find my opinion shifting slightly (for the umpteenth time today ) I understand all your sentiments regarding the new album. Coompared to the songs of Laurent, the songs sound almost incomplete. they lack the complexity and fullness that he brought to the table. But I think we should acknowledge that Jeremy is a young composer just starting his career, and considering that he did a quite good job... However i don't think it would match up to MCE and Gourmandises, for sheer enjoyment factor, and being able to listen to it regardless of mood. I fear that with the new album I will not be constantely listening to all the songs over and over, but may settle on one or too, which kind of encaptulate her old style (Jamais plus being a prime example) or which I just like (like Idealiser), but this is probably a fear which has no real grounds in truth.Another thing that is slightly iffy is the broad range of styles. While I was initially very impressed, and still am, by Lili's ability to do so much, I think it may be trying to put too much on the album. Albums are better when they are foucussed, as it helps them get their message across (such as John Mayer's venture into blues Continuum). In the long run, I think the album will be a commercial success, and will keep people happy, and I doubt this is a career ending album, but it is lacking that special something that made us all listen before we even saw Lili's amazing personality. In a way, we should count ourselves lucky, we arrived when we did, as we got to become entranced with the music, which led to us discovering the beauty of the artist. I'm not sure this album will have the power to draw in new people (or the same kind of people if that makes sense) in the way MCE and Gourmandises did... I still like the album, and stand by what I said earlier, but some of that was just the intial blindness one gets when they are in a state of happiness....

Edit: In saying this I am not saying I don't like the new songs, on the contrary I think they are all great. I am just saying that I think the diversity of the album may be it's downfall, and that Laurent is a great composer who gives his songs a completeness that makes other songs sound incomplete. I will enjoy this album, and I think it will grow on me, and become on a par in my eyes with Lili's previous ventures. Like a fine wine, it may get better with age

Edit two: I think it was unfair of me to compare this to Laurent's work, as theyy are extremely different. I think I am too used to her old style, and will have to adjust to the new style, so you can pretty much discount anything I have said, or will say in relation to the album, as my opinion is liable to change without notice. In other words, what i said above was unfair, and may/may not be my current stance on the matter

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 11-16-2007 at 08:36 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM

digitalfie is on a distinguished road

My feeling exactly Killian. I think I'll reserve judgement on it til its released. I think the secret to any new song is exposure. Think of the many new songs that didn't sound right on release that you can't live without now. At thats how I feel.

OMG I'm talking about my FEELINGS.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Lilly town seems to rock... as a matter of fact they are all good songs.

Last edited by Zack -Alizee Lover-; 11-16-2007 at 08:49 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée said this is the album she always wanted to make. She worked on it for 2 years, shopped it around herself and put together the team. Her heart and soul went into this effort. It's OK if you end up not liking it because you have that right. I personally really like what I'm hearing so far.

All I ask is to reserve final judgement until you receive your copy of the CD and then give it a good listen. I would really hate to see initial reactions based on 30 second clips influencing people not to buy the CD. Give Alizée a chance, guys. Did we wait all this time to just shoot her down before the CD is even for sale?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:56 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

well i didn't expect any of her songs to resemble the MF/LB songs of the past so i am not disappointed that the new songs don't sound like old songs.

i was ready for totally new style and that's pretty much what i think we got so far. of course i'll still listen to the old stuff, that stuff is timeless classic. but i think it was really important for lili to show the world a new style because it would be odd for someone who had broken away from her old producers and had been out of the scene for nearly 4 years to come back with something similar to the old stuff. (plus i don't think it was possible even if she wanted to. MF/LB like music producers are not dime a dozen)

anyways, still the samples are too small to say decisively whether it's the bomb or not, but so far i am pleasantly surprised. i might have had low expectations, and for sure i didn't expect another gourmandises. i suppose a small part of me is just happy to realize that she's finally back.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:23 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

I really think that this album was the right choice because it´s good that she shows another side of her habilities as an artist, i think that the new songs really show that she can make a different kind of music but she will always keep her escence.
And i think that this escence is what really matters

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!