Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
P.S. FSquared, flame on! Honestly though, even if you absolutely HATE the new album, please share your feelings. I think I know what you'll say, and I'm not going to counter you (in fact, I probably agree, but it's preferences that make me like the album). I'd like to hear your thoughts.

- N

Thanks for your very informative review! I mean, to be fair, I should wait until I actually hear all the songs to give a meaningful opinion. I think you'll know what I'll say too, since I've kind of already said it, and it's very perceptive of you to say that it's "preferences" that are involved.

But the first impressions I get (and I'm speaking of the melodies mainly, as opposed to the lyrics) are that a lot of the melodies in the tracks are quite repetitive, and not in a way that I find soothing (I mean, I'm a fan of trance music, which is about as repetitive as it gets); so it's not just "repetition", but perhaps I should say that I'm not getting the feeling of "evolution"/"progression" in the melodies that I tend to seek out in music that I listen to.

The other impression that I get, which is entirely subjective (and thus likely to be inflammatory), is several of the melodies feel somewhat "trite" and "kitschy" stylistically to me. (I think "Mon Taxi Driver" stands out here, and also the whole theme of that song just sounds kind of awkward to me.) And I can't say I have enough familiarity with the song extracts to say anything more meaningful here yet. And even if I could, it's still mainly a matter of taste more than anything else; if I said I'm nostalgic for a particular set of electronic drum sounds, that's not a criticism of the album, it's simply a statement that the album is something else.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Décollage really is much better now that it's not just rapping and a melodic chorus, it's mostly melodic.

Also, I'm feeling the piano here; it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by espire; 11-25-2007 at 02:30 AM..
Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

Holy crap!
After listening to the new clips I really look forward to the album.

Lilly Town - Really liked the rythm in this song, and as mentioned earlier, actually it does sound like something the pillows could have played

Mon Taxi Driver - Sounds good, but I feel havent heard enough of it yet to say much.

Jamais Plus - I love this song, I think it will be very popular.
And I can imagine a musicvideo for it, even though I dont know what it is about

Décollage - I normally dislike rap, but this is totally different in my opinion. It sounds good and I think I will like the final version a lot.

Psychédélices - Gotta hear more before commenting.

Par les Paupières - From what I've heard so far I love it, and I cant wait to hear the full version!

Lonely list - Pretty good and I can imagine that the full version is going to be totally awesome!

Idéaliser - I got a very good impression of this song and also the piano is back!

L'Effet - Love the piano in this song as well! Looking forward to this one

Thanks for the links guys!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:40 AM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Woaw, she doen't stick to one genre. :P
Old 11-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I just managed to listen to the new samples (finally, my laptop is fixed).
The new placements of the extractsdoes aid in the judgment of the songs, as it gives us a view of different aspects. I still really like what I've heard so far, and cannot wait for the finished prodect (even, Décollage is starting to sound more and more appealling). I don't know if I can last another nine days

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 11-25-2007 at 12:37 PM..
Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

I've listened to the full complete songs, and I've reviewed them here:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=2864
Old 11-25-2007, 12:41 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Simon View Post
Woaw, she doen't stick to one genre. :P
But that's the wonder of Variété Française... It's so... Variété!

Actually, one of the big things about Gourmandises was that Alizée didn't stick to one style, than ever song was completely different. That's just another way that she's going back to her roots to start over.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The danger of waiting so long for something is that expectations can often increase proportionally to the length of the wait. I have resisted this and tried to keep my expectations realistic.

I really like everything I've heard so far and my opinion hasn't changed after listening to the samples a number of times. If anything, my appreciation for each song has grown.

I am truly looking forward to getting this CD and I can't wait to hear the album in its entirety.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Wink Me Like

Like both G & MCE, it took me awhile to fully appreciate all songs. And, I'm sure this will be a repeat for me. The 30 sec bits are intriguing enough.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Just heard the new samples. Idealiser remains my favorite song due to its melody and Lili displaying the range of her voice. All in all I'm still excited about this album and my only concern is Decollage. To me it's just somewhat out of place. Lili rapping is something I'm not used to hearing and is the farthest style from her first two albums. I'll give it time though to grow on me.

Does anyone else think that this album is kind of a feel-around for her as well besides wanting to make it diverse? I mean, this may be also a way for her to observe which songs and styles of music are more in sync with her fans and perhaps the 4th album (god, please let there be a 4th album ) will be a bit more focused and narrowed down in genres.

Last edited by DirtyACE; 11-26-2007 at 12:37 AM..