Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-26-2007, 11:07 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Which songs will be singles? Which songs do you WANT to be singles?

So everyone's enjoying the new album right now, Alizée's finest work to date. But few seem to be asking the big question: which songs will be singles, with remixes and cover art and music videos?

I think Fifty Sixty's a safe bet. It's second on the roster, suggesting importance. Big songs usually go in the first or second slot. It's a fast, rocking tune, and it was leaked ahead of time to generate buzz. Reactions must've been positive enough for them to leave it relatively unchanged by final release. All signs point to it being a single -- the next single, perhaps.

Then there's the title song, Psychedelices, in my opinion a masterwork of style and sensibility, a genre piece, a feather in Alizée's creative cap, if for nothing else but its uniqueness. This song deserves to be a single, and like another single named for "delights" it's the album's namesake. But it seems a bit slow for a single... I'm not sure how well French pop culture would embrace it by itself.

The song I want to be a single, above all others, is Par les Paupières. This has quickly become my favorite Alizée song (no, not a song, an EXPERIENCE), and to have remixes, cover art and a music video for it would be the next best thing after the album proper.

The song has hit potential. My brother, a person disinterested in Alizée, loved Paupières so much he came back to it several times, of his own free will, during the hour I was talking to him. Trust me, that's something. He sampled the rest of the album, but he kept coming back to Paupières...

So, whaddaya think? What songs will become singles? Which would you LIKE to become singles? Let us know!

- N

Last edited by Neiteio; 11-26-2007 at 11:11 PM..
Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'm going to have to come back to this at a time when I'm not so completely emotionally overwhelmed by the Alizée. Right now, I couldn't give an intelligent answer - I'd take every last one as a single, and could come up with a dozen valid arguments in support of each.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
I'm going to have to come back to this at a time when I'm not so completely emotionally overwhelmed by the Alizée. Right now, I couldn't give an intelligent answer - I'd take every last one as a single, and could come up with a dozen valid arguments in support of each.
I feel the same way, trust me.

...but since I'm cruel, let's say all the songs are huddled together in a burning building and you can only save one and --

Naw. That's too cruel.

I keep mulling over the topic in my head and I still can't narrow down a list of candidates. I love L'Effet, but it seems the least single-y of the bunch. That leaves me with nine songs (MJ's already a single, remember).

Is it possible to have nine more singles?!

- N
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

I think Par les Paupières would be a good single too, Fifty-Sixty and Lily Town also, but my first choice would be Idealiser. There's just something about that song that strikes a cord in me. It seems to have much emotion on top of the great melody and Alizee's amazing vocal range.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i think PLP and FS will be singles.

i want lonely liste and decollage to be singles.

i think there will be 1 ballad as single, likely idealiser.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I can easily see PLP as a single. However, the main goal of a single is quick revenue; that's not Alizée's goal with this album.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:59 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

Lily Town!!!!!! it would be really great! x]