Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

What the hell guys, this cut is freakin awesome! It's not a music video, though, it's a real film. You gotta approach it that way.

The sound isn't "bad", it's supposed to be echoing throughout the house, getting louder as Lili approaches the party, as if you were really there (not dubbed over music vid style). And of course the kiss is emotionless. Look at the pink Lili, she's lifeless, almost dead. The masked girl has to literally turn her around. It's a kiss of death, not an erotic one.

Very, very cool cut. The dance is so much better too. I was never a fan of the split screen. The only thing I miss is the narrator Lili singing, but then I guess it wouldn't fit with this "you are there" approach.

Of course this isn't very commercial, so it's good they released the version they did. But damn, this is brilliant.

Last edited by Ben; 11-30-2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
What the hell guys, this cut is freakin awesome! It's not a music video, though, it's a real film. You gotta approach it that way.

The sound isn't "bad", it's supposed to be echoing throughout the house, getting louder as Lili approaches the party, as if you were really there (not dubbed over music vid style). And of course the kiss is emotionless. Look at the pink Lili, she's lifeless, almost dead. The masked girl has to literally turn her around. It's a kiss of death, not an erotic one.

Very, very cool cut. The dance is so much better too. I was never a fan of the split screen. The only thing I miss is the narrator Lili singing, but then I guess it wouldn't fit with this "you are there" approach.

Of course this isn't very commercial, so it's good they released the version they did. But damn, this is brilliant.
Yeah, it sounded like the music was coming from the DJ room the whole time, right?

So maybe Deepwaters was onto something and the black-clad lady IS death, who has come to take the pink Juliette on a tour of her life (the innocent playtimes, the gourmandises, the Tinkerbells), before sending her minions (the black troupe) to battle her defenses (the pink troupe) and finally dealing Juliette the kiss of death.

Last edited by fsquared; 11-30-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I actually like the fact that the split screen is gone. I wasn't a fan of it either in the official music video.

If this version had the dubbed music and the narrator Alizée in it, I might have liked it more than the official version. It's tempting to take both of them and put together your own version.

I pretty much agree with Deepwater's analysis of what the story is.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If this version had the dubbed music and the narrator Alizée in it, I might have liked it more than the official version. It's tempting to take both of them and put together your own version
That's not a bad idea. Though if I were making my ideal version, I'd keep the sound from this one and just add the narrator Alizee back in.

By the way, the French forums are saying some different third version of the video has been shown on TF1???

Last edited by Ben; 11-30-2007 at 10:37 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Evidently the audio is bad in the beginning due to the fact that it's muffled by the palace walls because it's coming form another room.

However, unless that black dressed girl is meant to be Alizee in the video, the kiss was totally and immorally wrong. I feel so bad for Alizee, that was totally stupid and she shouldnt have done it if it wasn't even gonna be in the final cut. Even if this was meant for symbolism it wasnt necessary, if that was the case it should have been a small peck kiss, not a long lip lock.

I feel bad for her, it's not enough she had to act like a lolita, and then she had to put on a highly seducing dress and dance around and shake her butt on stage, but now she has to kiss a girl. It's not right if anyone is making her do this.

If it was on her intent, then I am dissappointed, but it was probably to prove something in the video. Or to prove to everyone that shes not afraid to go there. But you know, it didnt even make the final cut so does it matter at all?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
However, unless that black dressed girl is meant to be Alizee in the video, the kiss was totally and immorally wrong.
Why?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
It's not right if anyone is making her do this.

If it was on her intent, then I am dissappointed, but it was probably to prove something in the video. Or to prove to everyone that shes not afraid to go there. But you know, it didnt even make the final cut so does it matter at all?
A couple things: First of all, I am almost certain no one is making her do this - she has asserted that this is her album now and she is progressing it in the way she wants. She is also more 'artsy' now, rather than focusing on the sheer number of sales as in the Gourmandises days. She is obviously trying to tell and explain a story through the music video, a story that we have not quite fully figured out yet. Basically, if Alizée didn't want to do 'the kiss', im sure she wouldn't have.

Second of all, the kiss was, as said above, not at all erotic. It was symbolic. Yes, it was a lip-lock, but I almost see it as some sort of symbolic transfer of souls, think of it as the transfer of the breath of life. Indeed, it was nearly like the mouth to mouth position you would use in CPR. So, please don't think this is some erotic, lesbian show.

Finally: The black 'Alizée' had a mask on that covered her mouth!, so their lips weren't even touching

and one more thing: In France, close personal contact is much more accepted. I don't know how much of a custom it still is, but there is a custom to kiss on the cheek as a greeting. This is just to say that what happened in the video would not be considered inappropriate or vulgar in any way.

As for me, I'll be much happier when I fully understand what Alizée is trying to get across in this video, the meaning is still escaping me.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Century Child

While theit77 is correct (and yes people still do kiss as greeting, though it's more the air next to the cheek, not actual contact), so what even if it was erotic?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Well, I agree that the kiss wasn't erotic, and the "kiss of death" idea is probably right, or else a transfer of souls, an absorption or assimilation, but even if it had been erotic I can't see anything wrong with it. The line between sexy and vulgar wouldn't be crossed unless they -- did things I won't go into. Basically, it involves the difference between suggestion, which triggers the imagination, and blatant display, which leaves the imagination with nothing to do. Alizée has never done anything vulgar, but she's often done things that were suggestive, and she still does sometimes. Check out the lyrics to Mon Taxi Driver if you doubt it. She's no Lolita any more, but she's still quite sexy, when that's the message she wants to convey.

In fact, I find the new Alizée much, much sexier than the teenage one.

Edit: Snatcher beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Edit: Snatcher beat me to it. Great minds think alike.
Funny thing, I was thinking Mon Taxi Driver too. Or maybe that's ok because it's not lesbian? Hey, the gender of the driver is never mentioned I don't think.