Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Obviously CD's are available in France. If we order from France ourselves we get them quickly enough.
Amazon sells thousands of products and has a massive distribution channel. They don't pull out a credit card and buy things like we do. They buy in bulk and/or use a supplier, probably in conjunction with other stuff. I'm guessing their supplier gave an 11 December "in stock" date that didn't materialize for whatever reason (perhaps it was shipped by sea instead of air). They might even use a drop shipper for products like this.

In fact, given the common delay, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon and B&N use the same supplier.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Wash warm, tumble dry.

ed2010 is on a distinguished road

Not only is the Album delayed ( which in itself is maddening ) but it looks like Alizée is getting trashed in the reviews for the Album. Sheesh.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Stupid Amazon!!! Lets burn it!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Well got another delay letter from Amazon.com. today.

Aliz�e (Artist) "Psychedelices" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 01/18/2008 - 02/04/2008

This is ridiculous that there is such a problem getting them in the U.S.

I'm ordering my 3 regular CD's today from France.

Release Dec 11th what a joke. 5.5 to 8 week delivery delay.

thats what i got in an email..first saying that i would get it by Christmas and then now saying that the Estimated date of arrival is 01/18/2008 - 02/04/2008...really i was waiting to see if this would happen..due to that only Amazon can hold so many copies and they could of all been gone the day her new CD was put there! I know it does suck, but now all we have to do is wait
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2010 View Post
Not only is the Album delayed ( which in itself is maddening ) but it looks like Alizée is getting trashed in the reviews for the Album. Sheesh.
Ugggh, I keep on forgetting to go back and write a review. All of us that ordered through Amazon (.com or .fr) should go put our 2 cents in, and negate the negative review(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
thats what i got in an email..first saying that i would get it by Christmas and then now saying that the Estimated date of arrival is 01/18/2008 - 02/04/2008...really i was waiting to see if this would happen..due to that only Amazon can hold so many copies and they could of all been gone the day her new CD was put there! I know it does suck, but now all we have to do is wait
I had the same problem when I tried ordering the En Concert DVD last year through Amazon.com and then just went to Amazon.fr (I realize not everyone can do this). Your patience will be worth it's weight in gold...

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-19-2007, 02:19 PM

digitalfie is on a distinguished road

I just got an email from Amazon.fr saying my order is complete and being shipped today and to arrive 12/28. Why does the US version have so much trouble getting the album? Are they two different companies? Anyhow,Thanks Again for all your help!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Alizée est le meilleur.

AlizeeFan941 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfie View Post
I just got an email from Amazon.fr saying my order is complete and being shipped today and to arrive 12/28. Why does the US version have so much trouble getting the album? Are they two different companies? Anyhow,Thanks Again for all your help!!!
The reason the US Amazon is having so much trouble would obviously be the fact that they didn't expect such a response to her latest album here. I am sure they are hitting themselves wishing they had got more after seeing that it was sold out on the release day in the US. But now that they are having huge delays alot of people are using Amazon.fr, B&N or other means of getting the album.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2010 View Post
Never trust amazon reviews with 1 star. Trust me. Amazon has a lot of people who like to give negative reviews without good reasons.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:52 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

When they ask me why I was cancelling my order. I checked, the order was taking too long.
I told them in the comment box I was ordering it from Amazon.fr because I would get it at least 4 to 5 weeks sooner than from them.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Wash warm, tumble dry.

ed2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Amazon makes money regardless..

If I cancel my US order and replace it with a FR one, Amazon still wins, and gets to charge me more for the CD as well. ( Plus the extra for shipping, I get AmazonPlus so I get 2nd day free as part of the deal ).

I believe if I switch my purchase, I will end up paying twice as much as with the US store.

I'll hang tight, and hope for the best. When I bought the DVD ( En Concerte ) the charge was 13 bucks with free shipping in the US store, they delayed it for well over a month, but I still got it for 13 eventually.