Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Oh god... well i have room for like 3... everyone else can stay outside the house.
I need a pillow (my big fat body pillow), a water bottle and my Alizée CD and then I can take on any temperature!

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Yeah, a lot going on today. One place RMJ and I try to keep track of everything is the AF calendar:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/calendar.php
Seems like a lot is going on for an empty month of Dec according to the calender. Unless I'm missing something

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:33 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Star Club article that I don't recall seeing here (from nidalizee):

Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Thanks fsquared! Here's a translation of that Star Club article:

Corsican Wind...

She has grown up well, Lolita! After three years of absence and a baby, Alizée returns with a third album, Psychédélices, for which her husband, Jérémy Chatelain, composed most of the music. A family work that's a change from the period of Mylène Farmer/Laurent Boutonnat... but, really, are they still friends, Alizée and Mylène?

Farewell Mylène and Laurent
I was 15 yars old when Moi Lolita was released and I was protected by Mylène and Laurent. Today, it isn't the same! Because it's me that administers everything, I know everything that's going on, and I agree with everything that I sing.

Two years of simmering
I took two years to make this disk. The first year, I relaxed and had a baby. I needed to think about those four intense, high-speed years, where I'd travelled to Japan, Mexico, and all over Europe. I had to take a step back, take care of myself and my family, then give myself time to think about what I wanted for my third album.

No cracks
I don't want to go in a circle, 360 degrees. I want to just do what I like, and I liked what I did before. If not, I would have refused to do it. But it's true that it doesn't completely line up with who I am. Also, without disliking the Lolita persona that I played, I wouldn't really connect with it today. What goes best for me in 2007 is a mix.

From one extreme to the other
In this album, I united completely different artists, like Oxmo Puccino the rapper, Daniel Darc, and Bertrand Burgalat. I made a list of people with whom I dreamed of working. I put the most unattainable ones at the top, and I started with them. And they all accepted! So, I stopped there. I'd put together a perfect team. They loved the challenge of making songs for somebody who isn't in the same musical world. And also, to find on the same album such different authors.

Work in the family
Jeremy and I, we don't feel like our job is really work, but more like a passion that we share, it's done so naturally. I didn't ask him to write me songs, because he knows me better than anybody.

Custom-made
With Mylène and Laurent, I only knew one way of working. Here, with each author, I let myself be guided, and I learn from them. We started when my daughter was 15 days old. The baby was always with us, and the authors and composers could see my life and be inspired by it.

Anny-Lee, beloved daughter
My daughter has grown up with this album. I brough home the tapes from the studio that I wanted to date. To do it, I looked at my daughter, at how she looked, based upon her age, her height, the length of her hair, and I would know when we recorded that bit. Having a child taught me to put things in perspective. Problems have seemed much smaller to me since she was born. What's more, I was already very family-oriented, and this made me even moreso. It's true my daughter has never seen a nanny! I take care of her full-time. If I had her young, it's so I can made the most of having her. We want more children, but I don't know that I'll go as high as three!

Medatative reflection
Articles about my size mostly made me laugh. Sure, one could say I got fat, but I was pregnant! I put on more than 20kg. For 1.6m, that's a lot. But I read it, and said to myself that, decidedly, there must be no news to reports, if they're wasting their time measuring my waistband's journey.

Her "run away" from before
When we're 18 years old and we leave our parent's homes, we love each other, but we want to become who we'll become. That's what happened with Mylène and Laurent. A kind of "running away," wanting to live new things and not regret anything. Without them, I wouldn't be here today and wouldn't have sold 6 million discs.

Alizée and her colleagues.
Jenifer, Lorie, Amel, and I, we're near the same age... but we're each a different thing. And that's good! That proves that in France, you can offer different things, unlike in the United States where you have to be R&B. I like to do a mix of things. In my video, I have an 18th century corset, and sneakers. I like mixing styles and time periods, to avoid being out of fashion in 6 months.

In transition:
I feel a bit womanly since becoming a mother. But not completely, moreso in transition. With Jérémy, we're like two teenagers with their baby, it's true. A bit like kids who have kids. But at the same time, I have grown up...

Hurry! To the stage!
I hope to quickly go out on tour. We've talked about it for 2008, but the dates are far from being fixed. And yes, I'll sing Lolita, it's required! But the old songs will be reorchestrated in accordance with the new sound of Psychédélices.

What's new?
Two months before release, Mademoiselle Juliette, her first single, was already on the net. Studio assistants spread it there. Fifty Sixty, then Mademoiselle Juliette. The unmixed track wasn't badly received by critics. The current single doesn't have much to do with it though!
Christmas will be a magical time for Alizée. Since the birth of her daughter, the magic of it has returned for her family. At two and a half years old, Anny-Lee is a big fan of Dora the Explorer.
After the holidays, Alizée is expected in Russia, Germany, and in Mexico, where her album releases simultaneously. She also hopes to return to Japan, and take her daughter on travels while she still isn't in school.

Last edited by Cooney; 12-24-2007 at 05:30 PM..
Old 12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cooney!

not really sure what she means by "in the United States, you have to be R&B." thats not really true... at all.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a bunch for that translation, you rock for taking the time to translate for us.

Merry Christmas to all!

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
Thanks Cooney!

not really sure what she means by "in the United States, you have to be R&B." thats not really true... at all.
I'd have to agree. I suppose it depends partly on how she defines R&B. I suppose the US mostly exports cookie-cutter top 40 music to Europe (which I wouldn't classify as R&B), but there is a lot of musical diversity in the US. Some of the styles on her new album originated in the US.

One thing I've learned in the past year is that people on both sides of the Atlantic have a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about each other. I wish Alizée could experience the full length and breadth of this nation and the people in it. The good and the bad. But I still don't think she really wants to come here and I'm not expecting her to. If she is mistaken on this point concerning the US, who here hasn't been guilty of the same thing concerning Europe.

Last edited by lefty12357; 12-24-2007 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: really bad spelling
Old 12-24-2007, 05:19 PM

Well, and there's also the question of what part of American music gets exported to France; those who sat and listened to NRJ back in August waiting for something to break open can attest to what kinds of American music were getting airplay (mostly R&B, IIRC).

(I'm thinking of the export being dominated by Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc.)

Last edited by fsquared; 12-24-2007 at 05:25 PM..
Old 12-24-2007, 09:26 PM

From RMJ at AF:
MF et Vous (issue #23) has big (4 pages) article about Alizée !

Thanks to rozier.
http://lidlo.aceboard.fr/162527-2900...ous-N%B023.htm

Old 12-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
From RMJ at AF:
MF et Vous (issue #23) has big (4 pages) article about Alizée !

Thanks to rozier.
http://lidlo.aceboard.fr/162527-2900...ous-N%B023.htm

Haha, something humorous from that article:

Quote:
Une question demeure cependant; pourquoi Alizée s'obstine-t-elle à prononcer «Julietta»? Une orthophoniste que nous avons consultée sur ce brûlant sujet nous suggère qu'il a pu se produire chez Alizée une déformation laryngo-palatine causée par un usage immodéré du mot «Lolita». Le succès est à ce prix. Gageons qu'un premier single intitulé «Moi, Lolite» aurait beaucoup moins bien marché...
Quote:
One question, however, remains; why does Alizée insist on pronoucing "Julietta?" A speech therapist that we consulted about this burning issue suggests that a deformation of the larnyx/palate caused by an excessive use of the word "Lolita" is present in Alizée. Success comes at a price. We bet that a first single entitled "Moi, Lolite" would have not nearly worked as well...