Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
"Maybe" because there I don't get death threats from fellow fans and staff ? And I'm not told what I'm supposed to say...

Sounds a big enough reasons to me...
what can you say to this?

Anyone who makes/made death threats is a moron, simple as that - you cannot take that stuff personal. Believe me, I KNOW! I get threatened with death/dismemberment/lawsuits and just general ass-hat-ery EVERY week! If I'm not threatened at least twice a week, I feel like its been a boring week.... Now, I am a security officer at a hospital that has drunks/druggies/Psychiatric patients/literal lunatics and just plain WEIRDOS coming in, but still - I don't take it personally. And in 15 years nothing has ever happened.....

I know the incident (s?) you refer to, and while I think there were some peeps who were out of line in their responses to you, you DID dig quite a hole for yourself with your bad attitude. I'm NOT justifying anyone else' bad manners - but you quite literally brought quite a bit of that on yourself!

I really like your news and the articles you post - would you *please* consider coming back a little more often?

Thanks for your time sir - I wish you all the best wherever you go/are.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 12-26-2007 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: spelling, of course...............
Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Snatcher, you really hit the nail on the head. I don't write on the forums very often, but I do visit them occasionally and have for several years, and if it's one thing I've been noticing it's how different these two forums surprisingly are.

I absolutely believe that both forums would benefit from merging. On this forum, there doesn't seem to be much news posted, and not as many videos/articles etc as on the Alizée Forum. On the other hand, the discussions on this forum are way, WAY, better than on Alizée Forum. What goes on over there is sometimes more like Alizée worshiping, and it gets kinda boring after a while, since there's barely any debate (also, it might discourage newcomers from participating). If the forums would merge, I'm 100% certain that it would a much better community. And probably a stronger force in the Alizée community as well.

So, if you guys could somehow make it work, I really think it would be for the best. And as you say, far less work for the moderators and ppl that post news or contribute in other ways (like translations).

Edit: And btw, Snatcher, there's something I have been meaning to ask you but haven't gotten a chance. What's the point in having a German, Russian, Spanish etc section on Alizée Forum? The point with having an international forum is to have ppl of all nationalities gathered in one place, right? Now it just feels like a hub for different Alizée forums.
I have to disagree! I've visited AF quite a few times - believe I have my same screen name over there as I have here, but I LOVE how this site is laid out, I love our community (which is quite different from AF) and I love how this place works..........

I understand its more work for the translators - but maybe a "Translators Only" thread on each forum - where the works can be copy'd and pasted from one to the other, so that they could be posted within each community with less work? I'm totally a forum newb - but I would really like to see this site stay here......

Just my $0.02 worth....

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
"Maybe" because there I don't get death threats from fellow fans and staff ? And I'm not told what I'm supposed to say...

Sounds a big enough reasons to me...
Good enough of a reason for me
Old 12-26-2007, 10:57 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Snatcher, you really hit the nail on the head. I don't write on the forums very often, but I do visit them occasionally and have for several years, and if it's one thing I've been noticing it's how different these two forums surprisingly are.

I absolutely believe that both forums would benefit from merging. On this forum, there doesn't seem to be much news posted, and not as many videos/articles etc as on the Alizée Forum. On the other hand, the discussions on this forum are way, WAY, better than on Alizée Forum. What goes on over there is sometimes more like Alizée worshiping, and it gets kinda boring after a while, since there's barely any debate (also, it might discourage newcomers from participating). If the forums would merge, I'm 100% certain that it would a much better community. And probably a stronger force in the Alizée community as well.

So, if you guys could somehow make it work, I really think it would be for the best. And as you say, far less work for the moderators and ppl that post news or contribute in other ways (like translations).

Edit: And btw, Snatcher, there's something I have been meaning to ask you but haven't gotten a chance. What's the point in having a German, Russian, Spanish etc section on Alizée Forum? The point with having an international forum is to have ppl of all nationalities gathered in one place, right? Now it just feels like a hub for different Alizée forums.
1. What you said actually seems like it could also be considered an argument for keeping the forums separate. Two rather different groups of people congregate at the different forums. If someone likes the dynamic over at AF, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from joining AF and being a participant primarily over there. Forcing them to merge would probably disrupt the dynamic of one (or both) of the communities, and not necessarily for the better. There is the (not insignificant) issue of "source material" not getting copied over here and translation effort being duplicated though.

2. Regarding your question to Snatcher, presumably this is for the German, Russian, Spanish, etc. speakers who are Alizée fans? Not all international fans speak English... Or did you mean something else?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:06 AM
un jour une fois

Snatcher, I think the real problem is that we need more people like you to really help connect the three English forums

Perhaps what you said motivated me, and I might just try to at least spread some goodness from MFI over to here when I see something pop up there. It really is the least I can do...
Old 12-26-2007, 11:29 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Snatcher, I think the real problem is that we need more people like you to really help connect the three English forums

Perhaps what you said motivated me, and I might just try to at least spread some goodness from MFI over to here when I see something pop up there. It really is the least I can do...
Snatcher's been asking for that for a while.
By the way, what is the third English forum that you refer to? mf-international.com?
Also, I don't think I've ever succeeded in logging in at mylenefarmeriscalled.net (MFIC). Has anyone else had that sort of problem?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

INDUSTRIAL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Snatcher's been asking for that for a while.
By the way, what is the third English forum that you refer to? mf-international.com?
Also, I don't think I've ever succeeded in logging in at mylenefarmeriscalled.net (MFIC). Has anyone else had that sort of problem?
Yub, I experienced the same problem.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:06 PM
un jour une fois

I haven't even gone to MFIC once (I probably should visit), but I was talking about MusicFrance International, yes. Because it's not really an Alizée fan site, there's far less bias, which is often a good thing.

Also, back on topic, happy Boxing Day, everybody!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:06 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
1. What you said actually seems like it could also be considered an argument for keeping the forums separate. Two rather different groups of people congregate at the different forums. If someone likes the dynamic over at AF, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from joining AF and being a participant primarily over there. Forcing them to merge would probably disrupt the dynamic of one (or both) of the communities, and not necessarily for the better. There is the (not insignificant) issue of "source material" not getting copied over here and translation effort being duplicated though.

2. Regarding your question to Snatcher, presumably this is for the German, Russian, Spanish, etc. speakers who are Alizée fans? Not all international fans speak English... Or did you mean something else?
1. While that is true, I don't really see any reason to have two small (yes, these two forums are really small) forums with some moderators being the same and a lot of the same ppl (many have accounts on both places). As Snatcher pointed out, it just creates more work for some, and I believe it would be better to have everything centered in one place. Besides, I don't think the merging would disrupt anything. If the forums had hundreds of active users that might be true, but these are small forums, and I really think it would be for the better. It's not like it's two completely different types of ppl on the forums, it's all fans of Alizée.

Again, if the forums were inhabitated and managed by completely different persons, than I wouldn't see any reason to merge, but that is not the case.

There are of course pros and cons for keeping it as it is/merging the forums, but I think the pros far outways the cons. I doubt anything will happen though. I've been active on a lot of forums that have changed in certain ways, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse, but in the end ppl will complain either way.

2. Yes I was talking about the different subforums. I know not everyone speaks English, it's just the share number of different forums that's weird.
There are 6 subforums for different languages (not including English), only 2 of them should I consider active enough to even have separate forums.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

I finally recieved Alizee's new album fifteen minutes ago.