Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

I’ve received a couple PMs regarding my side project, particularly these “special” T-shirts, so I just wanted to post an update. As you may or may not know, I kind of took a liking to how the guys had a sort of special events T-shirt for the signing and hence this post to come up with something to show Lili her Alizée America fans whenever she has a similar event.

Anyway, with The Cap and Ogre looking into the promo stuff and an official Alizée America logo/font, I started playing off on my own and focused on the “Wanted” T-shirt concept. Well, I finished my design and had actually purchased the T-shirt from one of the online vendors last Thursday night (12/20) with an ETA of 14-business days. I wanted to get an idea of the quality of the work and material, and I might change the image now that I’ve seen a hi-res version of the FHM pictures. So, once I receive the physical T-shirt, I will post pictures of it and go from there. If it’s not what I expected, then I might have to take a look at my previous concepts with the simpler design that would be easily transferable to T-shirts…

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-28-2007, 01:09 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same but the red reminds me of the Klingons. We might have to change from T-shirts to Next Gen uniforms.
I actually looked into making myself one, and it's really difficult. However, a simple T-Shirt with long sleeves and the colour pattern would be a lot easier. I'd wear it
Old 12-28-2007, 02:52 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

I wonder what Brad thinks about all these designs being generated by the community he helped create? I would really like to know what he sees the logo as being. If anyone has any Ideas for a logo, preferably an actual image, then post away!

Also as a side note, Cap do you think you could use less italics and bold words? It gives off the impression that you are yelling or talking down to people. I did not mean for my reply to be a put down, so if thats how you interpreted it and that justified you responding like that then I'm sorry.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 12-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Also as a side note, Cap do you think you could use less italics and bold words? It gives off the impression that you are yelling or talking down to people. I did not mean for my reply to be a put down, so if thats how you interpreted it and that justified you responding like that then I'm sorry.
I was only using italics and bold for emphasis and highlighting. Just a way to draw attention to the important stuff in the middle of all the other stuff. Just for a little emphasis here and there, definitely not for any other purpose.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I actually looked into making myself one, and it's really difficult. However, a simple T-Shirt with long sleeves and the colour pattern would be a lot easier. I'd wear it
It would have been easier to buy it off a conference vendor! Come to think about it, I like the DS9/Voyager uniforms much better.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-28-2007, 01:57 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I wonder what Brad thinks about all these designs being generated by the community he helped create?
With the exception of protocol intervention, it is best for the decision authority to keep quite as this plays out. Brad is playing it smart. Speaking in the affirmative will confirm an existing design to the detriment of other creative paths. Speaking in the negative may kill a particular creative path. Knowing the king's thoughts pollutes the creativity of his court.

Also, silence may provide some legal protection (IANAL). Statements here can be construed as acceptance or approval of a design. If the design is produced by someone, and the legitimacy is challenged by another entity, Brad can simply say it was not authorized by him. For example, I am producing T-shirts with Alizée America and our URL. Brad has not authorized this production. If someone decides to take legal action, it all comes back on ME. Brad should be pretty safe since he can truthfully deny any involvment in the affair. IANAL.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
With the exception of protocol intervention, it is best for the decision authority to keep quite as this plays out. Brad is playing it smart. Speaking in the affirmative will confirm an existing design to the detriment of other creative paths. Speaking in the negative may kill a particular creative path. Knowing the king's thoughts pollutes the creativity of his court.
Having read that little side discussion in the Christams thread, regarding whether to keep split or merge the two forums, I'm wondering how any of this will pan out... :-/ If anything, I guess it's a good excercise in creativity.

Last edited by Sir Wood; 12-28-2007 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Default "Wanted" T-Shirt

Look at what the New Year has brought me.

The image quality could have been better, but I'm no expert in that field, so it's probably the best given the different colors and the dark t-shirt. (Sorry for the wrinkles, it's straight out of the FedEx package.)

Front:

Back:

Note: The superimposed image in the corner looks brighter because a flash was used to take that picture. The rest was taken in fluorescent lighting with no flash.

Last edited by Sir Wood; 01-05-2008 at 01:52 AM..
Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The image quality could have been better, but I'm no expert in that field, so it's probably the best given the different colors and the dark t-shirt. (Sorry for the wrinkles, it's straight out of the FedEx package.)

Hey I know her! LOL how much is the reward?

Last edited by Amigo!; 01-01-2008 at 04:45 PM..
Old 01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

SIR WOOD. Those T-Shirt rocks! Please release them NOW. I will order in BULK

All you need is 1 Truck.