Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

at the first time i saw her new image i was a little disappointed because inside of me i wanted to see the young and sexy alizee

but now i`ve fallen in love with the new alizee i think you`re gonna get used to look at her new image and you`re gonna like her just a you did before

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i think ill have to jump on the deepwaters bandwagon here. i like the new alizee better. sure the old alizee is what got me hooked on her in the first place, but the new alizee is much more appealing. shes more mature, shes on her own, shes doing music she wants to do, she wearing cloths she wants to wear. i feel sorry for you people who cant except change. old alizee was then, you need to let it go and move on. the alizee of now is much more exciting and different, with much more still to come.

come to think of it, i havent listened to any of her old cds, or en concert for quite a long time. ive been jamming to the new tunes, and i hope to have an updated "en concert" soon enough.
Ok, my turn to jump in. I also agree with those that think she was absolutely fabulous then !! She's still special now don't get me wrong, but she had something back then that she doesn't have now, and I don't mean just her lolita look. I really don't know if any new changes will ever bring that back...

Nurvonic you're wrong there buddy. The problem is not the change, but what kind of change. As far as I know everyone was expecting change, some just don't like the kind of change that took place. They would gladly accept changes that they like and feel brings out the best in Alizée. She's still trying out what she likes & will eventually continue until she finds what truly defines her. I agree with Espire, she will remake herself by the next album. Just because she's chosen this look now, doesn't mean that it's her final. Also just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to like all these changes (phases). As far as letting go, I will be in my death bed and I will still be dreaming of Alizée's old performance, no need to be a pedophile to do that when you can appreciate the quality of her performances.

John Kim don't go there again !!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Put yourself in her shoes. She was in a situation where all the decisions were made for her. Now most girls wouldn't turn down an opportunity like the one she got even if it meant being objectified some of the time....but it doesn't mean that was the real Alizée, or that she enjoyed everything that came along the way.

The reason most people like the JEAM performances is because part of her ass is showing, her outfit is skin tight, and the dance she does is just...sexually appetizing. JEAM is eye candy at its best, and theres even a nice tune to go along with it.

Aside from lending her voice to the album production, her job was to go out and look as hot/cute/sexy as possible, smile as much as she could, and then do a decent job in the live concerts.

She was mostly a performer before, but now she is an actual musician and artist...doing things her own way.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Just because she's chosen this look now, doesn't mean that it's her final.
That's true; however, I'm going to make a prediction: If you think this change is for the worse, you won't like the future ones, either. Reason: Alizée, like it or not, has a taste for the bizarre and unconventional. Tattoos and piercings, clothes that some might consider strange, challenges to the orthodoxies of good taste. Future versions will be different from what she is now, but that will be a constant. Specific elements are unpredictable, but general feel is not.

She's just a weirdo. That's all there is to it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée is a weirdo, and that's one of the things I love about her..
Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

So sorry that's all you saw HelixSix, because from where I was sitting it was a perfect combination of Alizée, Mylene & Laurent. In case you don't realize, everything we do in life has to do with playing a part. It's not the part we play, but how well we play it that makes the difference. That was absolutely her playing that part, just like she played the part of Julliette in her most recent videos. Just like she would be playing any part in a movie for example. How many here would not like to see her playing a part in a movie where she played another character ??

Deep I didn't say it was the worst, I merely said that it wasn't her best. As far as her future changes, I don't think we'll agree on this either. She might try to be more accepted, or she might just go all the way to her own likes, and that could change too... only time will tell.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 PM

shu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
I need to just say something, I miss Alizee.

I'm sorry, but the young Alizee was so vibrant, beautiful, perky and bright. Now shes getting dull, spacey and odd. I'm sorry but I can't call her sexy and theres barely any ounce of sex appeal within her. Shes still beautiful, cuz that could never change. But look, just take a good look.

Look at her dancing to J'en ai marre, and look at her now, she'll probably never do that dance again and has become a different person. In fact, she looks so different. It's actually weird to see how she looks now, because she is just so different looking that at times it's hard to believe thats really her.

Second, what the hell is wrong with her? Why is she wearing the strangest things? Tatoos? Guady sneakers? What happened to heels and tights?

When I first EVER saw alizee, she was dancing to J'en ai marre, and my impression of her was pleasent, that's the whole reason I liked her, because she was peppy, pleasent and gorgeous. But now, I don't know what to think... I just think that I lost her, and I miss her.

But don't think I'm crying in a fetal position here, life will go on and the world isn't over.

I know that people go through changes, especially when they get married and have children fast, and I accept that. But I just can't believe how much she's changed, it's a little sad.
yea i agree, before to me she seemed more addictive but now i barely come to this site anymore because alizee isnt how she used to be and now shes kind of boring and she looks different
Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Alizée is a weirdo, and that's one of the things I love about her..
Me, too. But not everyone is going to feel that way, alas.

Jess, the thing about a prediction is that it's not a matter of opinion but fact and will be tested. As you say, only time will tell, but that's my prediction for how things will turn out.

And I didn't say "worst" either, I said "worse," as in what she is now is worse than what she was (not necessarily maximum bad, just more bad). You think so, whereas I think she's better (except in terms of stage performance). She's become more unconventional, more of a weirdo -- more herself. Is that good or bad? Matter of opinion, but it's my prediction that she'll continue to do that, although she'll surely vary the specific ways she goes about it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-23-2008 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I understand how a lot of you feel. I still love her old music and performances and there will always be a place in my heart that will never let go of that. But I never saw the whole Lolita thing as anything more than a part she played. I never thought it really fit Alizée, the person, and I don’t identify with her in that way. She was like the attractive spokesperson for the world that MF/LB created. Maybe MF/LB are what’s really missed, Alizée was just the visual and aural focal point.

We can’t go back in time and grab Alizée when she was 19 and stick her in a bottle of formaldehyde. She’s a living, breathing, evolving human being doing what she wants in the here and now. I prefer that. I prefer her living up to her own expectations, not mine. I was hoping that when she came back she would be different. Not in her core values, but in her artistry.

I know some of us are happy and some may be a little (or a lot) disappointed. I appreciate we all have different feelings and the right to voice them, and no one is right or wrong here. I'm not arguing with anybody. I know I’d feel terrible right now if she had come out with something that I didn’t like. I empathize with those of you who are disappointed and I hope you still can enjoy the new Alizée. I think she put a lot of effort into what she is doing now and I’d hate to have her feel rejected when she’s finally got a chance to be more like herself. She may conclude that nobody likes the real her.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Back the train up.

We've seen alizee wearing some goth clothes, tattoo's, piercings under her lip and through her tongue, and an absolutely atrocious hair cut. It leads me to think, is she far more strange than normal... I think something happened to her over her hiatus, something bad.

Mark my words if this ever shows up in the news.

I really think that this big personality change along with her numerous goth acessories and hair, etc, was brought on by something big, if it was the kid, well I thought that would be a good thing, but let me tell you, I do not think Anny-lee was planned, considering she wanted to get back to work and who would have a baby at that young and busy time? This all seems very fishy to me... I just can't put my tongue on it.