Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Yeah Force Unleashed is looking pretty cool. I am just hopeing it will be a great game.

There is also a rumor that the unnamed MMO that Bioware is working on is actually a KOTOR MMO. I heard the couldn't actually announce it until later this summer because thats when SOE's IP licence will be up. This is all rumor though so don't take it to heart.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Yeah Force Unleashed is looking pretty cool. I am just hopeing it will be a great game.

There is also a rumor that the unnamed MMO that Bioware is working on is actually a KOTOR MMO. I heard the couldn't actually announce it until later this summer because thats when SOE's IP licence will be up. This is all rumor though so don't take it to heart.
OUI OUI OUI, I heard a KOTOR MMO. Maybe alittle more in the mandolorian wars and some more about Revan and Malak would be cool. Fly to different planets and stuff like that. OH MY I CAN'T WAIT. That is a game I will pay for.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Ok I heard from my friend...World of Warcraft movie...

I will stick with the Halo movie.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6g1yyWEfks&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6g1yyWEfks&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

People say this is fanmade but it too good to be fan made.^^^^^^ By the way...watch 5:20. That is the best part.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1KUVmBUV-o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1KUVmBUV-o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Here is Bungie driving a Warthog. That looks insane but the guy crashed into something. Haha I get a kick out of this everytime.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-27-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Trick of the Tail

Shintsu is on a distinguished road

Movies based on games are never good. No matter what they do, they are either untrue to the game or they're a plain sucky movie but they stick to the game's storyline. Why would anyone care about making a movie about WoW anyway? Mass Effect is the only game I could think of that would make a good movie and that is only after they've made the entire trilogy of games.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintsu View Post
Movies based on games are never good. No matter what they do, they are either untrue to the game or they're a plain sucky movie but they stick to the game's storyline. Why would anyone care about making a movie about WoW anyway? Mass Effect is the only game I could think of that would make a good movie and that is only after they've made the entire trilogy of games.
Look at the way Halo Movie is detailed. That is Peter Jacksons work and it sounds so epic.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Trick of the Tail

Shintsu is on a distinguished road

It's going to suck, I gurantee you. I mean, the game has no real decent story to speak of so how can you make a movie out of something so stupid and simple? Doom was supposed to have a story and be a great shooter and all this but look at it's movie... Also, don't forget the Resident Evil movies...

Last edited by Shintsu; 01-27-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
T'es divine

Ricardo is on a distinguished road

Silent Hill didn't suck that much actually...it's a shame that it didn't follow the story of the game...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
Silent Hill didn't suck that much actually...it's a shame that it didn't follow the story of the game...
the games were not that bad....but the movie could have been alittle bit better then what it was...not saying that i was bad or anything
Old 01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
Yea, i really enjoyed silent hill and resident evil was decent. I think part of it might be i never owned/played the games so i never had any expectations of a game-made-move. It'll be interesting to see if WoW goes anywhere cuz the halo trailer blows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post

I will stick with the Halo movie.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6g1yyWEfks&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6g1yyWEfks&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

People say this is fanmade but it too good to be fan made.^^^^^^ By the way...watch 5:20. That is the best part.
HAHA he grabs the sticky off the wall and throws it at a banchiee. i never knew u could pick up stickys.
Anyway, i noticed the Ex-producer is Peter Jackson??? that doesnt look like finished work if Jackson is the producer. It could be that someone released a fake trailer to be cool?

Peace.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I heard that trailer come about because the company who started to do the Halo movie was doing CG and it was too expensieve so they wanted to see if Bungie would go live action and made that to show Bungie. I guess Bungie hated it and said they would not put their name on it and halted production until they can get someone to make a decent film. This is rumor I heard from a friend so dont take it to heart. He showed me it from his 360 so I am guessing you can download it on XBL so I kinda believed his story.

Anyway, as far as game to movies go almost all of them suck. I hated Resident Evil, Doom, and Street Fighter (oh god the horror!). There are others too that are equally bad. I did hear Silent Hill wasen't that bad but I never played the game so I didn't see the movie. I actually liked the first Mortal Kombat, but the second was terrible. I dont see why they don't stick AT LEAST close to the games storyline. Thats what the gamers who go to see these movies want and some game stories are pretty good. They just throw together some dumb storyline that has notheing to do with the game and slap the name on their for sells.

I would like to see some more game movies if they were done right. I heard about the warcraft movie which I thought sounded like a alright idea because they could do a really cool CG movie. I would love to see more CG movies, and they can do amazing things with it now. It is now said it would be live action though and hopefully it has a alright storyline pertaining to the game and its world instead of some lord of the rings rip-off. I have given up hope, Hollywood screws up everything. I am done ranting now, I will just leave it at that lol.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 01-28-2008 at 06:25 PM..