Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

high five. omg forget what I said before you guys. I love EVERY SINGLE SONG! I think the album is perfect. So happy and boucy. Just like me right now.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

^^ Yup, nothing like getting a hold of the actual album and hearing it on your system. Congrats!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM

Poguezilla is on a distinguished road

I bought the album last month and I like it better than her other ones. It is more varied and more mature. I love the way she sounds on the chorus in Décollage and Fifty Sixty is my fav along with Lili Town.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I agree that Decollage really isn't that good, But all her other songs are cool IMO
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i think decollage is one of the better songs actually. i didn't really like the ballads all that much. still, my favorite songs are lonley list and PLP, that hasn't changed since the beginning.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

One song on Psychedelices that I have become very fond of is L'Effet.
That song really grabs me. It's one of those songs that you blow off when you first get the CD then all of a sudden you say, what is this? It has become one of my favorites on this CD.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

I love Decollage and L'effet. They appeal so much more to me than any other song.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

i love l`effet, psychedelices, fifty sixty..

actually i love all the songs

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

I like this album overall, but I had to adjust to it. I didn't like it right away, but that's true for all new albums I hear, so naturally I kept listening to it. I knew what songs I liked immediately, but the rest had to grow on me.

Unlike her previous stuff, which I don't have this problem with, I find that I like a lot of the melodies of the songs more than I like the actual music, especially just random electronic sounds that don't resemble a recognizable instrument. Don't get me wrong, synth sounds work in MANY a pop song, her other albums being prime examples, not to mention all my favorite stuff from the '80s and '90s. I understand that new people were involved in this project, but these songs just seem overpowered by the sounds and there's not enough solid musicality. Even the songs I do like have this problem, but I obviously overlook it. One example in particular is at the very end of Par Les Paupières, one of my favorites. Whatever sound they put at the 4 min mark doesn't make any sense to me and doesn't add to the song at all.

To wrap this up, I do really like this album (so no throwing stones, please). I think it's an awesome first production on her part and I can't wait to see what else she accomplishes. But I do have to say, I actually don't like L'Effet or Decollage (except maybe her laugh at the end).
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

I think the album is great, little diffrent from the other two but Deferently good I like all of the songs very much my favourites are Décollage, Idéalicer, Fifty Sixty and Lillytown

Anyway Ciarac77 please don't write what songs you don't like in such way, it's a bit judgeing and especially your choise to pick out L'Effet as one of the songs you don't like is really insensetive of you. I hope your aware of that the songs is about Alizée's daughter and she says in several interviews that thats the song she's personaly most attatched to. Anyway ofcourse I don't blame you for disliking the music of it, but please post it in a way less judging and with more flexability than just simply saying, I quote: "I actually don't like L'Effet or Decollage (except maybe her laugh at the end)."

Last edited by Moi-aimes-Alizée; 02-20-2008 at 05:22 PM..