Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
what are you saying there? I was talking about USA, what does this has to do with my traveling outside country? Are you just trying to humiliate me? Please don't bother. I'm being straight personality and there are moments when I mind using good manners.
I JUST WENT TO THE LIBRARY AND GOT A COLORING BOOK!!@# DO YOU HAVE ANY CRAYONS?!?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, you've got the stereotypes down pretty good, but you obviously have never spent any time in the US. Your knowledge of life in the US is grossly oversimplified. If you want to know the whole truth, you’ll just have to come here and visit. Plan on staying a while, it’s a big country and life varies somewhat from region to region.
well I haven't been there but I've seen and heard americans in here quite a lot of times. Anyway I believe you mean when I come to visit I will get a deeper picture of USA. Can't wait for that.
If you think I'm biased, look for the video on youtube when Jeremy Clarkson(Top Gear auto show and he is englishman) comes to US to test some of your cars, look how they show americans in that video. I think it is in the prelude of the show(first part). He doesn't really like being in there.

P.S. here is that biased video I was talking about with Jeremy Clarkson(the prelude of the show): http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9Y7XXR5kZM

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 02-19-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what are you saying there? I was talking about USA, what does this has to do with my traveling outside country? Are you just trying to humiliate me? Please don't bother. I'm being straight personality and there are moments when I mind using good manners.
No I'm not trying to humilate you. But the way you talk about Americans and their culture etc. is rather offensive and insulting. I know exactly the stereotyping way you talk about them. It could be a real eye opener if you have been there.
How would you feel if we were saying all Bulgarians and Rumanians are just a bunch of bushrobbers, pickpocketers, dirty gypsies and heavy criminal mob gangsters???

A stereotype that lives very much in the western European society.
Not so nice eh?
You can THINK that, but don't speak up loud on a public forum like this one!
Especially (maybe you fotgot about that) you are a guest on a AMERICAN forum.
Now, can you answer my question; Have you seen a bit of the world?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

MihaiL, please stop it.

No, seriously, stop it.

This is not a forum that condones trolling, and you don't seem to understand that. Many of the members of Alizée America are, you guessed it, American, and what you say can be very offensive. Even if not a single member here was American, it would still be offensive.

If you plan to earn respect from us here, you'll have to learn to show some respect to others. It's not hard, it just takes a conscious effort.

Last edited by espire; 02-19-2008 at 06:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
No I'm not trying to humilate you. But the way you talk about Americans and their culture etc. is rather offensive and insulting. I know exactly the stereotyping way you talk about them. It could be a real eye opener if you have been there.
How would you feel if we were saying all Bulgarians and Rumanians are just a bunch of bushrobbers, pickpocketers, dirty gypsies and heavy criminal mob gangsters???

Not so nice eh?
Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to hear what the Bulgarians think of the Romanians either.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post

Not so nice eh?
Yes, I've seen a bit of world, but it wasn't western europe, nor america. That doesn't make a difference are you logical or are you not? USA is different so even if I was throughout the whole europe would it make a difference? I doubt it, maybe I will gain some more good education and thus will be using only good manners, I think you want this. But the stereotypes as you call them are official ones, take it or leave it, besides I never said everyone is a couch potato. I don't mind if you say romanians are what they show themselves to be, you can point to any manifestation of them granted it is true. Yes there is some mafia in here, but so what? This doesn't insult me, or them, it's the truth. My conclusion is America finds these things insulting because what they manifest is not nice, rather unpleasant. It is better to be labeled as a mafioso country than a fat one. Besides the goverment itself is the bigest mafia you may not even be aware of it, and I am not talking just about my government here.
I am on american forum but if I scare americans away I will get a warning from moderators and I'm expecting already, so don't worry, I'll behave good.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to hear what the Bulgarians think of the Romanians either.
I will ask the guy who is putting his hand in my bag in the subway...
Excuse me for the wrong joke.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
MihaiL, please stop it.

No, seriously, stop it.

This is not a forum that condones trolling, and you don't seem to understand that. Many of the members of Alizée America are, you guessed it, American, and what you say can be very offensive. Even if not a single member here was American, it would still be offensive.

If you plan to earn respect from us here, you'll have to learn to show some respect to others. It's not hard, it just takes a conscious effort.
I understand it, that consciouss efort you are talking about should make me cool down with my disliking. I'll try.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 02-19-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I understand it, that consciouss efort you are talking about should make me cool down with my disliking. I'll try.
Sounds like a plan
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

It isn't so much what you're saying as how you're saying it. You're matter-of-factly taking stereotypes, which the very definition of the word itself is a gross oversimplification, and applying it to 300 million people with whom you've never met or interacted with, and proclaiming them to be the absolute truth. What you're saying isn't entirely wrong, I know that obesity and pollution and other things are problems, but its not as if all or even most people don't care. I wouldn't even call them our biggest social problems.

I have no problem with you disliking America or American culture or anything of the sort. There are things about my own country that I'm not fond of. You're your own person and I respect that, however I would also ask you to respect everyone else and quit stating what is, in all honesty, your opinion, as fact.