Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi-aimes-Alizée View Post
I think the album is great, little diffrent from the other two but Deferently good I like all of the songs very much my favourites are Décollage, Idéalicer, Fifty Sixty and Lillytown

Anyway Ciarac77 please don't write what songs you don't like in such way, it's a bit judgeing and especially your choise to pick out L'Effet as one of the songs you don't like is really insensetive of you. I hope your aware of that the songs is about Alizée's daughter and she says in several interviews that thats the song she's personaly most attatched to. Anyway ofcourse I don't blame you for disliking the music of it, but please post it in a way less judging and with more flexability than just simply saying, I quote: "I actually don't like L'Effet or Decollage (except maybe her laugh at the end)."
In my opinion, her post was totally appropriate. I saw nothing judgmental or insensitive, and did not say anything bad about the song at all. She only said she didn't like it, which is entirely within her rights. Just because it's her favorite song on the album and it's about her daughter doesn't mean that we are forced to like it more than we would otherwise....

Last edited by fsquared; 02-20-2008 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: gender change
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Anyway Ciarac77 please don't write what songs you don't like in such way, it's a bit judgeing and especially your choise to pick out L'Effet as one of the songs you don't like is really insensetive of you. I hope your aware of that the songs is about Alizée's daughter and she says in several interviews that thats the song she's personaly most attatched to. Anyway ofcourse I don't blame you for disliking the music of it, but please post it in a way less judging and with more flexability than just simply saying, I quote: "I actually don't like L'Effet or Decollage (except maybe her laugh at the end)."
Wow, I've only been a member for a week and I've already offended someone. I only said it that way because it was a different opinion than the previous posts (which you should have read...or that's the argument everyone else uses here, which is a good idea) saying those two in particular were people's favorites. I was simply saying "Yeah, I like the album, I have some opinions about it, and I, in fact, don't find these two songs as appealing as some of the other members." It's called a discussion, and I wasn't judging those who said it or Alizée. Of course I know L'Effet is about her daughter and I'm happy that she's able to express her love for her in that way. But you're right, I don't like the music of it, or the melody for that matter. I don't deny the meaning of the song is very special, but as a song all by itself, it doesn't strike a chord with me. And I also think it was very ambitious to do Décollage, and am glad she has the opportunity to do what she wants now. I just prefer some of the other songs.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyway Ciarac77 please don't write what songs you don't like in such way
Even if I wasn't inclined to agree totally with what Ciarac said, it's still a very respectable post. This is a forum, not a country where freedom of speech is not allowed. Provided that criticism is either constructive or polite, it is one of the most contributive types of posts that can be made.

Ciarac posted criticism with both constructive and polite, which says a lot of good about her. She even backed up her argument!

Moi-aimes-Alizée: Alizée is technically not a goddess nor a monarch, so we don't need to go so far as to call people insensitive because they dislike a song about someone's daughter. If we start telling people not to be judging, we're telling them to stop using reasoning skills, which have been serving the common people well for almost 600 years now.

Last edited by espire; 02-20-2008 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Gender correction: Like a sex change, but only with words!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Podcastress

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
In my opinion, his post was totally appropriate. I saw nothing judgmental or insensitive, and did not say anything bad about the song at all. He only said he didn't like it, which is entirely within his rights. Just because it's her favorite song on the album and it's about her daughter doesn't mean that we are forced to like it more than we would otherwise....
Thanks! And I'm a girl btw.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:09 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

ciarac77, Keep speaking your mind! Some of us love to hear what you have to say and are glad you are here!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Podcastress

My pleasure. I like it here. Just let me know when you all get tired of reading my long posts (but tell me that in a private message if you would)
Old 02-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

I respect your desitions I think Ciarac's answer was great and she seemed to understand what I said. =)

Though what Fsquared and Espire said I don't take sorry. I am in that case leaving this forum for good than
experiencing such things again. You have deliberately chosen to missunderstand my post and then post a comment about it that isnt fair to anyone.
:/
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I respect your desitions I think Ciarac's answer was great and she seemed to understand what I said. =)

Though what Fsquared and Espire said I don't take sorry. I am in that case leaving this forum for good than
experiencing such things again. You have deliberately chosen to missunderstand my post and then post a comment about it that isnt fair to anyone.
:/
One must understand that when posting anything online, via e-mail or IM, your message does not always contain the tonal emotions that you would get from a face-to-face conversation. A lot is lost in the message, you don't get to see the person's facial expressions or body language that so often helps when communicating, so misunderstandings will pop up now and then. Not to mention that this forum is very international, so language barriers may pose a problem as far has one's sentence structure.

Wish you'd reconsider leaving, but in the end it's up to you. Good luck with whatever final decision you make. Best regards.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

Your right Sir Wood, thanks mate

Old 02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Moi-aimes-Alizée, I apologize for this misunderstanding. Sir Wood is right about emotions conveyed in text. I truly meant absolutely no offense or negativity in what I said to you. I just tend to get carried away whenever I make a post like that.

Please don't even think about leaving. You really are an asset to this forum, and your posts are insightful. Again, that was not at all an attack on you or a complaint about you, just a little bit of guidance. I'm sorry!