Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Engine View Post
That game is awesome, you can find a lot of cool vids of it on youtube. The only problem is the poor character balance. Much of the more popular characters are overpowered and really hard to beat even on the easiest setting. It's great to enjoy with your friends though. Look up "rare akuma" on youtube for 1 of the funniest, overpowered characters ever...
I know what your saying....I downloaded Juggernaut, but he takes up like half the screen and can't even get close to him. The only guy I was able to beat him with was Sub Zero.

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Yeah I am a big PC gamer. My dad got into building computers and learned a lot about them and in turn taught me a lot about computers. He has now switched to useing Mac's and is a lot happier with it than using a Windows machine. I use a windows PC simply because of price of upgrade for new games, little easier to upgrade a windows PC then buying a whole new Mac.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
For anybody curious, Alizée is a Mac user.
This is the real reason behind Brad getting his MacBook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Yeah I am a big PC gamer. My dad got into building computers and learned a lot about them and in turn taught me a lot about computers. He has now switched to useing Mac's and is a lot happier with it than using a Windows machine. I use a windows PC simply because of price of upgrade for new games, little easier to upgrade a windows PC then buying a whole new Mac.
I totally agree with ya here. I had built a new rig last year because my other one was some what dated. I guess I could have spent a little more on the CPU as that is the limiting factor according to Vista, even though it's an Intel E6600!

Processor = 5.3
Memory (RAM) = 5.5
Graphics = 5.9
Gaming Graphics = 5.9
Primary Hard Disk = 5.8

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Wood, don't listen to Vista when it comes to hardware. The answer to "what should I upgrade" is always RAM, even when you've maxed it out.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Wood, don't listen to Vista when it comes to hardware. The answer to "what should I upgrade" is always RAM, even when you've maxed it out.
Why does RadioactiveMan need an upgrade ?

I use a PC. The only PC gaming I do is MMOs or RTSs, which don't tend to be as expensive to run effectively as other games, so my Inspiron can handle them well enough.

Anything I would want to do on a mac, I can do on this. There tends to be software, and most of the time even some decent freeware, to suit my needs. PCs just have more flexibility for me, though I refuse to downgrade to Vista.

Not to mention I got a "used" laptop (opened once before I bought it) for about half the price of a new mac.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Being View Post

This week (or next) I'm buying a new PC, so I wanted to ask if any of you have some references about the new Phenom processors, are they worth buying? I mean I heard that it has some issues but don't know if they've solved them already.
Anyway seems to me that here there are more Intel users, aren't they?
The new Phenom processors are great and cost cheaper when compared to similar Intel processors. I personally would prefer to go with the Core 2 Quad Q6600, I think it provides the best price/performance ratio, especially in gaming where the Core 2 Quad Q6600 trups similar range of AMD's Phenom processors.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Just read the interview where Alizee says she is a Mac and an iPod user. Interestingly, she also likes to play around with Photoshop and playaround with iMovies, suprised she is that into technology. Smart girl.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Anything I would want to do on a mac, I can do on this.
Nobody stated otherwise.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

well i like PCs I just built a new one about 2-3 weeks ago
i got a intel core 2 quad q6600 processor and dual 8600 graphics card (kills any single card out there) 4 gig of ram 250 gig hard drive 5.1 surround sound (the surround sound headphones are sweet) 1000 watt power supply a 21" widescreen SAMSUNG LCD monitor and an antec nine hundred case (all that for only $1600)

I have personal alrdy been running about 5 progams at a time and one of them being COD4 and i haven't had any lag time at all
the case has 4 fans one of which is about 6-8" so it can be a little loud

so yeah mark me up for PC (although my mac from 93 still runs better than my HP that i got about 5 years ago)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:30 PM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road
Default just random thought for you guys. half-life <3

alizee uses a mac =-o!!! lol

personally i think pc games will jump on the digital distribution wagon before most things. steam is an excellent way to download games and if one looks at pc game retail sales as opposed to console games they're horrible. from a developer point of view it would be more beneficial in a few years to simply use a digital distribution service. also stores like gamestop just put the pc games in a little corner or have very little promotion. they put a large amount of space for the xbox 360 and such and this also results in less retail sales for pc. another big thing that is happening is all the integrated graphics from intel and such. pcs back before 2000 had a much smaller gap between casual pcs and gamer pcs because casual pcs were still trying to harness all the power of their video cards in order to play dvds and use photoshop. now though casual pcs have seemed to have found a good median for video cards and the gap with gaming pcs is much larger. most gaming rigs my friends have range from $1000-$2000 while many good basic computers a regular person would buy is $600. this is very different to how it used to be before the year 2000 and makes it harder for regular people who buy a casual pc to play any new games coming out (the sims 3?! spore!? guild wars 2?!) so this makes it so that you have to be a pc gamer or just have a randomly awesome video card to play some of the new games coming out even rts (world in conflict, surpreme commander, universe at war, sins of a solar empire)

i'm taking account macs into the price range but i do know they cost from about $1100-$2100, but even so not many pc games make it to the mac library and they cost that much not because of their video cards and such but for their other features and the fact that they put it all nicely together for you.

pc > mac if your a gamer

hey look the alligator is eating the pc!

i'm getting the alizee dvd soon (finally)