Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Actually, the song most often cited as "WTF?" that I've seen is Decollage, which Jérémy didn't write.
Jérémy did co-write the music to that. The only songs he didn't are Jamias Plus, Lonley List, and L'effet (though he co-produced the later).

Quote:
DÉCOLLAGE 3:52
Lyrics: Oxmo Puccino / Music: Kore & Jérémy Chatelain
Programming & Keyboards: Jérémy Chatelain & Kore
Produced by Kore & Jérémy Chatelain
Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Jazz and classical are simple? I've performed a fair number of pieces of both and I assure you they are anything but simple.

Simplicity is accessible, accessibility sells. As brilliant as LB's compositions are, they aren't exactly grandiose. Nobody listens to ballads for the music, I can almost guarantee that, and if they are they're in the wrong place.

M. Chatelain's music is good, but inexperience is quite apparent. With time, I believe he's capable of very good pieces. Par Les Paupières, Fifty Sixty, and most of Psychedelices show his potential, IMO.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Jazz and classical are simple? I've performed a fair number of pieces of both and I assure you they are anything but simple.
you didn't understand me, if I follow your logics then classical music is the most complex ever. Instead I meant the flow of the music- soft, calm, easy to perceive. Classical and piano never gives you psychological burden, on the contrary it erases away the load off the mind if there is any. I've never felt at ease with Alizee's most songs from the last album. 50/60 is cute, Par Les Paupieres has some amazing moments, as well Jamais Plus, and the last song L'effet- the jazzy song is soft and pleasant. Of course the album is good in its own world, I never said it's bad, only that it doesn't touch me deeply, to die for, and I'll never praise it, like I do with Laurent Boutonnat. It's envious other people did manage to dig into it and be totally happy.
I'm sure Jeremy would make a perfect composer for videogames music. Japanese VGM sounds very mich like Alizee's album.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
Deepwaters, do you think most people of this world are lacking, low intelligence, or something for not giving Jeremy the credit you think he deserves?
Not exactly. I think most people of this world are lacking, low intelligence or something for completely different reasons having nothing to do with Alizée. That's quite self-evident to me; it's the reason why a man like George W. Bush can become president of the U.S. twice, why McDonalds can be found in almost every country in the world, and why Madonna, who is capable of performing truly fine music, has felt compelled in the past to put on pap such as "Like a Virgin" or "Cherish." I think mass taste is, almost by definition, lowbrow and less than the best. I think that's the reason why, going back to a different discussion you and I had once, the world sees American culture as crude, simplistic and bland: that's what we market, because that's what sells. And it's true around the world and across the board.

So I'd rather put it the other way around: art that's as difficult and challenging as this music is never going to be hugely popular, because it doesn't pre-digest itself enough for the average musical palate.

Oh, and incidentally: what you said isn't even remotely true of the best of Mozart, Bach, or Vivaldi. And it's even less true of someone like Prokofiev.

Quote:
hoping his music will become grand is wishful thinking
I never said I hoped it would become a huge hit. I don't think it will, although I think it will do better than we're currently seeing, once it finds its proper audience.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
star traveller

I agree, and I need to give her more space, anyway she's my favourite singer and probably my favourite girl too.
Alizee's En concert music sounds different too, it was remastered.
Deepwaters, do you have the album? I think it didn't come out officially on CD, but if you have the En concert DVD, you can let it run in the background letting out the music only, thus not get distracted by the video. Or you can get it in mp3 if you know where to search for it, in any case the album is very, very beautiful, yet new. I'm saying it because it seems no one took much notice of how good actually the En Concert music is. Oh, but maybe some of you did, I'm relatively new here.
I have it in mp3 for example because it's easier and I have a media player set optimally just for music.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 03-04-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Alizee en concert was released on CD.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I have the en concert CD and except for a few songs, I prefer listening to it over the studio recordings most of the time. The music has more power and energy.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
Alizee en concert was released on CD.
really? I didn't see it here ever, was it released internationally? Athough I didn't see the En concert DVD too, but I got it.
With the music it should be easier.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The En Concert CD is the one on the lower right in this picture.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
really? I didn't see it here ever, was it released internationally? Athough I didn't see the En concert DVD too, but I got it.
With the music it should be easier.
Scroll this page up to the top and click the far right top link...
You better buy the the DVD and rip it, so you got all the tracks.
Or even make a DD 5.1 audio CD

And I do agree with Lefty, that a lot of times I too prefer the en concert tracks more than the studio albums.
Especially in the car, I trap myself a lot of times of singing LOUDLY along with them.
(And getting weird looks of people at traffic lights... )