Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The En Concert CD is the one on the lower right in this picture.

Alizee releases galore, beautiful!

Yeah, I have made researches already and it seems it was released, I'll see how I can get my hands, and then my ears, on it.
Thank you. It's so strange I missed it, was I hibernating, or something.., gotta be something.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Scroll this page up to the top and click the far right top link...
You better buy the the DVD and rip it, so you got all the tracks.
Or even make a DD 5.1 audio CD

And I do agree with Lefty, that a lot of times I too prefer the en concert tracks more than the studio albums.
Especially in the car, I trap myself a lot of times of singing LOUDLY along with them.
(And getting weird looks of people at traffic lights... )
I have the DVD, that's how, I thought, the mp3 rip got out.
Some songs from the En concert I like much better too, words do no justice.
about you singing... rather interesting how people would look at you when they hear! you sing LOUDLY along with Alizee. You've got to be brave enough for it, for sure.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 03-04-2008 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
Alizee's En concert music sounds different too, it was remastered.
Deepwaters, do you have the album?
Yes, I do. It wasn't remastered, it was performed live, literally live, no lip-synching. That's why it sounds different from the albums.

I agree it's a wonderful sound on most of the songs. On a few, she got breathless from nervousness and/or vigorous dancing and it affected her singing. But a lot of them sound incredible, and prove beyond a doubt that she CAN sing live!

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Yes, I do. It wasn't remastered, it was performed live, literally live, no lip-synching. That's why it sounds different from the albums.

I agree it's a wonderful sound on most of the songs. On a few, she got breathless from nervousness and/or vigorous dancing and it affected her singing. But a lot of them sound incredible, and prove beyond a doubt that she CAN sing live!
Yes it sounds more acoustic like, really beautiful. "J'en ai marre" for example sounds very soothing, so beautiful and so are the rest, all concert is inspiring and it actually feels updated. I think this concert is a must have for everyone who has consciousness, eyes and years.
The best part of the concert is Alizee of course, she feels alive as never before, if I close my eyes I can see and sense her in front of me, what an experience...

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 03-04-2008 at 09:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Something just occurred to me, explaining perhaps why I like this new album but some other fans don't, and why Alizée herself has musical tastes so different from many of her fans. I think it may be a generational thing.

Since the 1920s (the "Jazz Age"), each generation has defined itself, in part, through music. You had the swing generation, the early rock generation, the acid-rock generation, the punk-rock generation, and now another one that Alizée technically, by age-cohort, is part of. I'm not sure what to call it in terms of music.

But here's the thing, Alizée, because of her very unusual adolescence, never experienced teenage rebelliousness, that particularly modern rite of passage. The music she likes is the music of older people, the music she grew up with, what her parents listened to rather than what her peers did.

This struck me because I was doing some volunteer work today and the radio they had on was playing 1960s-80s music. And I was struck once more by how much nostalgia for that period can be found in Psychédélices. The music of those three decades was often soaring and powerful, but also often hard-edged, not smooth and gentle on the ears.

Alizée grew up on that kind of music and it's what she's singing now, with some modern embellishment. For reasons unknown to me, it also seems to be what Jérémy likes. Poor guy's a Boomer in a Millennial body, born about 40 years late.

Maybe that's what was meant by the earlier comment that Alizée seems like an "old lady." Obviously she doesn't seem that way physically, but maybe she seems like what women who are now old (or at least middle-aged) were like when they were her age. Could be.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-05-2008, 06:58 PM
star traveller

Yes the album has a 70's atmosphere to it that's why I find it melancholical, or maybe nostalgical too?
Sounds funny when you say Jeremy was born 40 ears later after his time, though, he missed his triumph, I guess.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I find the same older musical influences in the music too. Some of the instrumentation used was probably intended to give it a modern flair, but might have slightly missed the mark here and there. I have learned a lot from older, more classic rock music, especially progressive rock. It has a strong appeal for me.

As far as my own personal tastes are concerned, the songs I like most on Psychédélices are: MJ, F/S, MTD, Psychédélices, Décollage, PLP, Lilly Town, Idéaliser and L'effet. Except for L'effet, Jérémy had a hand in all of them. My least favorites are the songs by Daniel Darc and Frédéric Lo. So I guess I have to defend Jérémy's work, as far as my personal tastes are concerned.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

If you take the en concert dvd and if you know how to rip, you can get your mp3's quality better than the CD. You can rip .wav at 5.1 and mp3's at a crisp 320 kbps. It worked for me!!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
If you take the en concert dvd and if you know how to rip, you can get your mp3's quality better than the CD. You can rip .wav at 5.1 and mp3's at a crisp 320 kbps. It worked for me!!
Yes, I can do that, but I'll search for the album yet. I don't like WAVs written down on CD-R.
What I've got is the tracks in 320kb/s mp3 which is better than good enough for now.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
not really and I don't mean to scare anyone, to me she is half-genuine, half-constrained. She needs to open up, something very creative must happen to her, like in the old days, she must work on her talents!
MihaiL and Amon, I feel like when I read your posts I understand you and feel a certain wisdom or truth in what you say, but then I listen to Alizée's new album and think about what I've seen in the last couple months and I just can't always agree.

For opening up and liveliness and vitality check out Les Enfoirés. I haven't seen the DVD yet, but having been there, I'd say that she certainly gave off that outgoing actor's presence in certain parts of it at least, like the "match".

She has caught me up in the new Alizée and so that's good.

I am glad she had a variety of influences and kinds of music on her album. I think it worked out better (for my liking) in this case.

Merci Fanny