Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Alright, well I'm finally home and I gotta admit, I'm still an emotional reck from this experience. I went from complete hopelessness to complete anger at everything that I saw happen there. I was less then 10 feet away from her on the other side of that glass, and I didn't even get the chance to see her, not even for one second. You guys have no idea how much that hurts. The feeling gets even worse when you have to look into the eyes of the other fans who waited all night long out there in the street just too see her. I didn't even know how to help roman and sir wood get through the realization that she had left. I was the only one out of the three of us who witnessed it all happen. All three of us where sitting out there in the dark on the street speechless, completely unable to understand how something like this could have happened. No one here can possibly blame any of the real mexican fans for what occurred there that day. The individuals(NOT FANS) who started the whole mess had no respect for Alizée and the fans in line waiting too see her. Many of the mexican fans in line didn't have much money to begin with, and they all were willing to spend what little they had just to see her. so please, if you have to blame anyone, blame mixup for there horrible lack of organization in not allowing everyone out side the store to see what was going on inside and those F***Heads who's complete lack of respect, destroyed the day for everyone else.

I'm sorry if some of my words come out a little bit strong, but I hope you can understand how all the fans that were there felt.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i dont see her going back to mexico any time soon, and for good reason.

thats not a condemnation to all mexican fans. im sure the majority of them are faithful fans who love and adore her. but rioting like goddamn soccer hooligans and burning her posters? come on now.
See:

Quote:
The Alizée Tornado Invades Mexico!

An autograph session in one of the largest stores in Mexico called "Mix Up" had to be canceled where more than 4,000 people (only 500 people were expected...) invaded the store, creating a true riot!

The album is certified "gold" in Mexico and is ranked #1 in the Top International Albums. An enormous outcome for a French singer. Alizée has tied the number of sales of female international singers such as Alicia Keys and Britney Spears.

Alizée is currently preparing for a tour of all of Latin America which will commence in May in Mexico City.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road
Default Amigo!

I have nothing but respect for your post, Amigo!

I hope your heart heals fast.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Man, I remember how bummed I was that I couldn't make it to Mexico to see her. After reading about this chaos, i'm glad I stayed home. I think those of us who want to see her are best waiting for the tour of course.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
See:

oh shit yeah, except for the whole tour thingy

honestly though something like that would put a whole different outlook on things. she might go through the tour with a different frame of mind. and not the good kind

my thinking, they should of skipped the whole autograph signing thing and went straight for the tour. it was kinda fool hardy to go to a country where shes very popular in and where shes never been before, and expect only 500 people.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:40 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yea i gotta agree with nurv and if she ever gets to see the burning poster video and decides to cancel the mexico concert, i couldn't really blame her nor would i be surprised. you gotta think she would be scared of her safety after that kind of response. not a tiny bit her fault all this happened, and it's a shame that some people will think this represents the mexican fans. its really a shame that people couldn't see her, especially the americans who flew down there. i was sorta thinking about going to mexico for the concert, but now i'm thinking it might be a better decision to go to one in france since i the whole thing might be in question now.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

How can anyone say it's her fault? These big events are not made without the aid of many advisors, managers etc, the risk is too high so only qualified people are dealing with it. Alizee has no big influence over this in my opinion, there are rules. And besides where is your loyalty over her if the case "already" happened, nothing can be done now, it happened and will forever stay in history, this is not like critisizing her for an album, what we have here is much more painful and depressing and futile in the same time. I don't understand you, Deepwaters, when you wrote that, and the signing for so many people seems an impossible thing to do as well. I don't know if the signing had to be for all the people, I mean for 3000? How is that possible for her? Did she sign autographs for everyone in Paris? Probably, but there were far less people. I thought initially she is going there to perform, not for an appearance and signing like she did in Paris. Signing for 3000 people is laughable. There is no sense in searching who's fault this is unless you too want tears out from Alizee to wipe out your anger and loss of money. To me that is just dusturbing beyond everything humanly.
I know I have written a lot this time as well, and this is my last post, all of a sudden this day and occurence made everything look dark in here, it is a big shock for me sorry, and some people here made it even worse, a bad synergy thing that I want to forget and never recall. Maybe I was egoistic too on many cases, but this is just too much to bear, disrespect towards Alizee from some people makes it hard for me to stay here. I never believed how such a sweet character could create around her such crazy, agressive fans, or anti-fans whatever you call them, there were very-very much of them, very disturbing to see.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 03-07-2008 at 06:54 PM..
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

One minor point: some people are saying that they "only expected 500 people to show up". That's presumably not quite true, in that they put the "500-bracelet" limit precisely to ensure that only 500 people had to be serviced, because they expected more than 500 people to want to get autographs. I suppose they didn't quite prepare for so many MORE people than 500 to show up, and for them all to stay despite not getting bracelets, and to coalesce into an unruly mob.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
How can anyone say it's her fault?
Saying it's Alizée's fault is maybe a little too strong, but it was her responsibility to plan for this sort of thing. She failed. She's running her own show, so the buck stops at her. And in fact, I'm quite sure she'd agree with me here.

Not that she should waste any time flagellating herself. Just learn from the experience and move on. Plan better next time. Recognize that things can go wrong. I'm sure she will. She's very, very smart and conscientious. But everyone makes mistakes, especially when learning. This was a mistake, and in the final analysis it was her mistake.

Of course, I'd have done even worse.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-07-2008, 07:00 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Saying it's Alizée's fault is maybe a little too strong, but it was her responsibility to plan for this sort of thing. She failed. She's running her own show, so the buck stops at her. And in fact, I'm quite sure she'd agree with me here.

Not that she should waste any time flagellating herself. Just learn from the experience and move on. Plan better next time. Recognize that things can go wrong. I'm sure she will. She's very, very smart and conscientious. But everyone makes mistakes, especially when learning. This was a mistake, and in the final analysis it was her mistake.

Of course, I'd have done even worse.
Yes, it was her analitics people mistake, I understand what you said now, but even then you should have not tied up Alizee as "herself" to the word "mistake", that is too fragile because it may be that most of the fans will understand it directly, knowing how bad it was what we saw. This has to do with the emotion part of the brain, and while some people bear it in a superficial manner, others may suffer it deeply.

P.S. about the buck, I'm sure this has nothing to do with money, she has a lot of them and when we talk about such large scale events there are serious rules to be followed at %100. Alizee would do everything what her management crew would suggest. She was not personal in this by far, there is not a bit of her own mistake in this, those people that messed with security measures should learn from their mistakes and then help Alizee manage her money constructively. Alizee's personal matters would count only if she really understood what's her popularity scale in Mexico so she would've done everything possible not to collapse like that, and the second reason is if she decided she has little money in her pockets to assure all the measures necessary, only then it's her own fault, I don't believe in any of both. She's merely a singer, other people in her team should manage the rest.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 03-07-2008 at 07:59 PM..