Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default Donations?

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

I don't even want to ask for donations, because to be honest .. this website is definitly a labor of love for me ... but the volume of traffic that we have been getting is pretty amazing.

The reason I can host this is because I have a lot of other 'projects' that I do for people and I have several dedicated web servers that I use to do it. Up until now this website has kind of been along for the ride on one of my servers that I use for other things. It is getting to a point now, that I really need to move it to something of it's own, so I am not taking advantage of others.

Basically I have 3 options:

-- 1. Close the website
This will never happen, even if no one donates at all .. I will keep this website alive until Alizee sends me a love letter or something

-- 2. Limit videos to Member Only
We have around 1200 unique visitors per day (about 40,000 uniques per month, and around 400,000 pageviews per month), the vast majority of these people are not registered with the website .. by limiting access to the videos to members only would cut a HUGE chunk of the bandwidth down.

-- 3. I buy a new server for this website only.
This is probably what I will do (even if no one donates) .. because I don't really want to limit access to the videos. My main goal is to create NEW Alizee fans .. kind of hard to do that if new people can't check out all of the interviews / videos. Plus, I can still use that new server for other small projects that come up in the future.

I know most of you are kids, and can't donate ... that is understandable, and please don't feel obligated to donate in any way. However, if you have some spare cash and want to donate to the cause every little bit helps!

I will keep a record of what is donated here in this thread so everyone can see how much has been coming in. if you do not want to be identified please let me know when you donate.

thanks in advance
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 PM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Tommrrow for sure!...you'll get it just been lil busy

Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
alizée ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Tommrrow for sure!...you'll get it just been lil busy
no rush Moe .. whenever you have time
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Fisherman is on a distinguished road

Brad, to help this worthy cause, priceless. Got my Paypal in already.

That might even be the word I would use on the other thread to describe Alizee.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
alizée ninja

Thanks Fisherman!

Also thanks to Acer for donating as well.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

How about CLOSE the other website "projects" you got going in favor of this one.... hmmm ... hmmm

I got alot of money... but unitl i hear a legitimate reason why I should send you a check... well..... there it is

Alizee.. we all go that in common.. and agreed this website isn't going anywhere as long as you continue to put forth, well if you can.. your PRIORITY into this website

If this is your PRIORITY... sigh

Never mind me... i wasnt born yesterday
Old 09-27-2006, 06:34 PM
alizée ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
How about CLOSE the other website "projects" you got going in favor of this one.... hmmm ... hmmm

I got alot of money... but unitl i hear a legitimate reason why I should send you a check... well..... there it is

Alizee.. we all go that in common.. and agreed this website isn't going anywhere as long as you continue to put forth, well if you can.. your PRIORITY into this website

like i said, please don't feel obligated to donate. the only legitimate reason I can think of is because you want to ...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post

Are you some type of stupid?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

Hey Brad, whenever I have some spare cash I'll be sure to throw it your way. I'd love to see this site keep growing... However I do not have Paypal, I'll need to fix that.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
alizée ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n View Post
Hey Brad, whenever I have some spare cash I'll be sure to throw it your way. I'd love to see this site keep growing... However I do not have Paypal, I'll need to fix that.
When I was your age, I didn't have any money either ... lol. Don't worry the website will keep growing either way (and you don't need to have a paypal account to send a dontation, so don't worry about making an account if you don't want one)