Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
T'es divine

Ricardo is on a distinguished road

sweet, it's the perfect podcast voice lol

edit: I love the way how English speakers say Alizée

Last edited by Ricardo; 04-03-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Did I say it wrong? I just try to repeat what I hear in all the interviews and such....? And thanks, too.

As it stands now, I'm really wanting to do this, but there are a few things I need to figure out first. One, the best way to host it. The place I'm using now is pretty bare-minimum, and I want something more interactive and, well, better. I don't know if this means putting it in a blog or what, but something I have to consider. There is one other option I may look into. My friend's friend who has her own internet radio show is willing to let me use her server to have my own show, but it would be live and maybe too complicated for me to do. Don't know about that yet. Two, how to make it a group effort. I like the idea of having more than one person to have some discussion and banter, so I have to research how to talk to other people and record it and whatnot.

So, I'll spend the next few weeks trying to figure these things out. If by that time something more stable isn't running yet, I'll do another ghetto podcast like the first one. Also, I may go ahead and not actually use the name "Alizee America" just so I have some creative leeway and don't turn anyone off who isn't affiliated. I'll still get info and stuff from here and other places, though, and direct people here as well. Sound agreeable? Keep the suggestions and interest coming!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:43 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

ciarac

yeah it's actually kinda like Ali-zaa and not sounding like it ends with "e"s
it's being picky and though i know that it's pronounced Ali-zaa i still say Ali-zee b/c it sounds nicer and that's what it looks like

that's what happens when you put something out there - people will (hopefully) friendly criticize it
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Podcastress

I thought I did say it with a "zay" ending like on the homepage of this site and not "zee". If anything I have a tendency to say the first syllable wrong every time I say it. Like sometimes "A-lee-zay" as in apple, or "Ah-lee-zay" as in say "ah" (which looks to be correct anyway). But anyway, I've never heard another English speaker say it in person or anything, so my bad
Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarac77 View Post
I thought I did say it with a "zay" ending like on the homepage of this site and not "zee". If anything I have a tendency to say the first syllable wrong every time I say it. Like sometimes "A-lee-zay" as in apple, or "Ah-lee-zay" as in say "ah" (which looks to be correct anyway). But anyway, I've never heard another English speaker say it in person or anything, so my bad
Sometimes the A does sound a bit like in apple when you say it, but I think your pronunciation is pretty close most of the time. What you are missing is the way it sounds when spoken with a French accent. I suppose it's just because of your "American" accent...
Old 04-03-2008, 10:32 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
in all honesty i thought you said it perfectly

who knows maybe those overseas think our accent is cute just like we think Alizee's accent is
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did I say it wrong? I just try to repeat what I hear in all the interviews and such....? And thanks, too.

As it stands now, I'm really wanting to do this, but there are a few things I need to figure out first. One, the best way to host it. The place I'm using now is pretty bare-minimum, and I want something more interactive and, well, better. I don't know if this means putting it in a blog or what, but something I have to consider. There is one other option I may look into. My friend's friend who has her own internet radio show is willing to let me use her server to have my own show, but it would be live and maybe too complicated for me to do. Don't know about that yet. Two, how to make it a group effort. I like the idea of having more than one person to have some discussion and banter, so I have to research how to talk to other people and record it and whatnot.

So, I'll spend the next few weeks trying to figure these things out. If by that time something more stable isn't running yet, I'll do another ghetto podcast like the first one. Also, I may go ahead and not actually use the name "Alizee America" just so I have some creative leeway and don't turn anyone off who isn't affiliated. I'll still get info and stuff from here and other places, though, and direct people here as well. Sound agreeable? Keep the suggestions and interest coming!
We can host it here for you, I will set you up a special area if you like. We may host the content (the mp3 files themselves) on something like libsyn, especially if becomes somewhat popular. But short term it will be easy enough to host it all on the server here. and mp3 file is way smaller than a vid file.

I really liked this idea for a long time, just never really got it off the ground. I am busy as hell these days.. work, baby, in the middle of selling and buying a house, etc.. but if you give me a little time we can get something put together.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Podcastress

That sounds great, thanks Brad. I'm busy too, so just let me know when/if you need anything from me.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

hey that was really great job ciarac77. we should get a thread going just to discuss and brainstorm possible content for the podcasts. like others have said, you have a great voice for a podcast.

some possible ideas for podcasts, other than the latest news and grumblings in the alizee world, we can discuss things like:

this day-week-month in alizee history
weekly-montly community polls
post of the week-month
introduce a new member of AAm

anyways, regarding the pronunciation of Alizee, it's probably that americans place emphasis on A, where the french place emphasis on no syllables. the funny thing from all these interviews and performances is that the hosts announce her name differently. especially when she's on a foreign TV show.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
T'es divine

Ricardo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please, don't take what I said as an offense because it isn't, it's just cute how you pronounce "zay"