Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCanine View Post
I was talking to a few friends from France a few days ago, and they told me that Alizée has become a dud and that everyone laughs at her over there. So basically they think she's a joke because also they asked me (My friends from France) is Alizée still making music or not?

hmmmm...
Well, a few friends is a small sample, but if this is indeed a common attitude towards Alizée in France, she might have to look to other markets to keep her career going. Of course she may win them over with her new album, but once people have turned against you, it can be very hard to win them back.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Moved some posts here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5272
Old 12-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, a few friends is a small sample, but if this is indeed a common attitude towards Alizée in France, she might have to look to other markets to keep her career going. Of course she may win them over with her new album, but once people have turned against you, it can be very hard to win them back.

she needs a more professional team to support her this time around that will market her to the right crowd

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Smile agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
she needs a more professional team to support her this time around that will market her to the right crowd
and im glad she has the team she wants which is professional. so she'll do great
Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM

jmaca is on a distinguished road

i think she needs to try and keep her old fans by staying true to her older songs (sound wise). i know im not too into the new rendition of JEAM. she doenst have to dress suggestively or dance sexy cause at the end of the day the sound is what matters. yea she should evolve her image to suit her, but also play homage to the songs that gave her the foundations of her career
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaca View Post
i think she needs to try and keep her old fans by staying true to her older songs (sound wise). i know im not too into the new rendition of JEAM. she doenst have to dress suggestively or dance sexy cause at the end of the day the sound is what matters. yea she should evolve her image to suit her, but also play homage to the songs that gave her the foundations of her career
True that, and not play them like they're now "funny" songs and they don't matter, it almost felt like she was disgusted in them.

Okay it's the past, she was young, Mylène and Laurent aren't here anymore, the songs still have their double meanings, but there is no need to be ashamed of the past, I mean it's what made her what she is.
Besides if what bugs her the most are the suggestive moves and clothes, then it's easily fixable, it doesn't mean you have to automatically remix all the old songs to make them sound more "mature".

I have a hard time watching the old songs she transformed for the live in Mexico, there are other ways to kill an old image, in this case the "Lolita", by evolving and doing new kind of stuff like she did, but accepting that it's a part of her life and not "spitting" on them, so to speak.

What a ramble Jesus I'm sorry.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:30 PM

Smile well put

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
True that, and not play them like they're now "funny" songs and they don't matter, it almost felt like she was disgusted in them.

Okay it's the past, she was young, Mylène and Laurent aren't here anymore, the songs still have their double meanings, but there is no need to be ashamed of the past, I mean it's what made her what she is.
Besides if what bugs her the most are the suggestive moves and clothes, then it's easily fixable, it doesn't mean you have to automatically remix all the old songs to make them sound more "mature".

I have a hard time watching the old songs she transformed for the live in Mexico, there are other ways to kill an old image, in this case the "Lolita", by evolving and doing new kind of stuff like she did, but accepting that it's a part of her life and not "spitting" on them, so to speak.

I love agreeing with stuff, so you stated that very well.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

That's why I think her past image won't help her in future albums. She has changed a lot in these years. Her past image should be part of a beautiful memory and kept aside when the new stuff comes. Never what she is with what she was.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaca View Post
When trying to get away from something you try not to go back to it. She may lose some fans in the process, but in this process also includes getting new fans. So it's a bit of a toss up, take it how it is. Some of her old fans won't like what she has become and what she is working on, but she'll be opened to a whole new world of fans.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Smile yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
When trying to get away from something you try not to go back to it. She may lose some fans in the process, but in this process also includes getting new fans. So it's a bit of a toss up, take it how it is. Some of her old fans won't like what she has become and what she is working on, but she'll be opened to a whole new world of fans.

i dont know how many fans she has lost, but like you said, she'll be opened to a whole new world of fans with this next album...

Tags
alizee, future