Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the auction is over and I believe the winning bid was 545 euros. There's a chance Alizee may not have recieved the message, but I think most likely she did. She does like her privacy, so I would not expect her to respond to this directly, but to pass the info on to the Un sourire pour Jean Baptiste organization and I would probably hear from them within the week.

If she didn't get the message or chooses not to respond, well at least we tried.

I think it worked out well. We didn't want to get her involved, but in the end we did, but I think in a way that was least intrusive. It's just too bad we couldn't have gotten it done directly through one of those other web sites.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I guess we play the waiting game now...let's hope for the best
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

All is not lost regardless.
There is still $1000 raised.
Even if this particular idea doesn't work out, there are many many charities out there who would more than welcome a donation of this ammount.
It's all good.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Of course that would only be done with everyone who donated approvals. If this doesn't go through, I plan on returning this money asap because I think some of the donors made big sacrifices to do what they did.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course that would only be done with everyone who donated approvals. If this doesn't go through, I plan on returning this money asap because I think some of the donors made big sacrifices to do what they did.
Wherever the money ends up, I commend you all for putting this charity on your front burner. It's the thought that counts
Old 08-06-2011, 12:34 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I came late to this thread, please 'update' me on what this donation is for? how much I should donate (give or take), what charity event is this intended for, and what do we get out of this from Alizee (if anything at all). Just curious on this topic, very interested.

Mike Z.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I came late to this thread, please 'update' me on what this donation is for? how much I should donate (give or take), what charity event is this intended for, and what do we get out of this from Alizee (if anything at all). Just curious on this topic, very interested.

Mike Z.
We are aiming to donate €1000 to "A Smile for Jean-Baptiste" since Alizee is heading the cause. Jean-Baptiste is a kid in Ajaccio that has a very rare disease. Alizee also started an ebay auction for a toy that sold for €545 earlier this morning. You aren't required to donate since it's obviously everyone's choice on whether to donate or not, but I'm sure (once we get the money to him), Jean-Baptiste would much appreciate it and the support. And we aren't getting anything out of it.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to say, without sounding to corny...but hey...

Ever since I became a fan a few years ago, I have been wanting to do something special for Alizée. I can never repay her for everything she has done for me, but I wanted to do something to at least try.

When I had this idea...I figured it would go no where. I went to Scruffy cause if anyone could help me, it would be him.

Thank you to Ben, for giving us the OK to do this in the forums name, and for the support.

Thanks you to all those who helped with translating, and searching for information.

And thank you to everyone who donated, or came up with ideas, and who supported us.

And ofc thanks to Scruffy, for everything he did with this. I cant say thank you enough.

Regardless of if this works out or not, I want to thank all of you. Because of you all, this got so much further then I ever thought it would.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:00 PM

And thank you Brian for helping with all the research and everything else
Old 08-06-2011, 01:25 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

What is the final count on the money raised so far?