Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Alizée fan

isabella is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Amelie:
and Mylene's birthday is tomorrow...

deepwaters:
So is mine.
It's tommorow the b-day of my little brother.

Quote:
A lot of people don't remember now, but it was really crazy for about 2 weeks afterwards too. With all of the Anthrax letters that were found in the mail, they canceled classes at my college for weeks because of some of the professors received letters that had a strange powder in them.

People were throwing away their mail for months, everyone got really paranoid. It wasn't pretty.
That's angry

I saw it again on the tv today, i saw somebody with a picture "i love daddy"and people where crying. It's hard to see

Last edited by isabella; 09-11-2007 at 02:49 PM..
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 PM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

We will never forget where we were when we first heard the news, and let us never forget those that couldn't help where they were when the planes hit.

We still have people suffering who worked at Ground Zero, and let us hope that something like this never happens again -- to any country.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Hate to say this, I wasn't shocked that it happend.

I was shocked that it finally had happened, same as anyone else, but not shocked that we were attacked. The world is full of crazy people. The world is a dangerous place. These are two facts that America, because of its geographic isolation, has been able to forget, over and over.

If we were placed with borders contiguous (sic?) with a dozen other nations, with a dozen other nationalities and religions and creeds, we would be forced to be more aware.

Whether right or wrong, people look at the US either as some (usually) friendly giant, or a collosus of destruction. There is some middle ground, but whatever we do is ALWAYS seen through the lens of whatever local reality exists for the observers. Because of our isolation (basically - its harder to pull an operation together in Dallas than Paris) European countries have had much more experience dealing with Terrorism.

We have had our own, local nut-jobs (Tim McVey) ((sic?)), the KKK, etc., etc., but people have always generally thought "i dont understand why they don't like us (meaning "me") - I haven't done anything to them!"..... But what we fail to see/appreciate/understand, is that there are many creeds, governments, religions and regions that could really do without us.

Whether its for money, ideology or some other point - we are the biggest target in the world.

We will NEVER be 100% safe - of that I assure each and every one of you now. There is no 100% solution, there is never 100% certainty and there is never 100% agreement.

I share the pain and anguish that everyone else feels about what happend that day, but not the shock.

It (something) will happen again. There are too many people in the world who disagree with us. Some of them are willing to use force, some great force.

Don't stop living because a threat does exist, but don't forget that we are targets. Be prepared, but don't over - react to it either.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM

simslater is on a distinguished road

It was a sad day and even worse is that Osama just released another tape recently. There's alot of controversy going on about another planned attack soon, so I believe lots of locations in the U.S. are very alert these next few months especially.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

One of those moments that you will never forget where you were and how you found out.
Six years later and I still remember that day in amazingly clear detail.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I had a cousin on the plane that hit the Pentagon. Her friend was supposed to be on the plane too, but she missed the flight and told my cousin to go on without her. This friend killed herself, because she felt guilty that she wasn't on the plane with my cousin.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I saw it on tv because I was in school at the time and when my teacher said what was going on I walked out and went home but I saw the smoke in person for weeks since I live in brooklyn, new york

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
yeah it was my senior year of college, when i woke up to get ready for class i turned the tv on, and they were talking about an accident where a plane hit the WTC. Then about 20 seconds later, I saw the 2nd plane hit live on TV.

It was really strange. A lot of people don't remember now, but it was really crazy for about 2 weeks afterwards too. With all of the Anthrax letters that were found in the mail, they canceled classes at my college for weeks because of some of the professors received letters that had a strange powder in them.

People were throwing away their mail for months, everyone got really paranoid. It wasn't pretty.
I was just two weeks into my freshman year in college and something like this changes the world in a heart beat, my life changed so much that year. I'm big into aviation and to see those planes used for something like that really hurt.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A friend had just arrived at her desk in building 7 of the World Trade Center site when she felt the building shake. She looked out the window and saw the debris still falling from the first crash.

She grabbed her purse and immediately left the building. She was on the ferry to New Jersey when she saw the second plane crash into the second tower.

Last edited by Rev; 09-11-2007 at 11:15 PM..