Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-18-2008, 09:18 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Are all the toilets like that?

Also, how long do you think it would take an english speaker to be proficient in German? I am good with languages and pick them up pretty well.

And, thank you very much for that link that seems like an awesome site. And your willingness to help.
No, not all toilets are like that. And you have to consider the advantages, too (you don't get a splash, you know)...

As for learning german: I think it's a more difficult language than french, as has been already said. The grammar is complicated. As a native speaker I don't notice it of course but when you think about it you realize that english is much more regular and more simplified.
So I don't know how long it would take you to learn the language. I guess it all depends on how much time you would put into it. But it's doable of course.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

LOL! Yeah, who wants a splash.

I have noticed that the language as far as some sounds are difficult, but im picking it up pretty fast, and I can read german easier than french. The spelling and the way the french pronounce things and string the end of one word onto another gets me tongue tied sometimes lol. Of course, the way in german hyphens arent used and 6 words can be strung together makes it hard to read sometimes, but this also fascinates me cause German seems like a very versatile and fun language to speak once you learn it. Also, it seems germans like to learn my language so I would like to return the favor and learn their's. My long term goal ultimately is to learn both German and French, because since these two countries border each other it would be highly benefcial. Plus, I just love studying languages.