Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... As far as the donation, I think we'll just have to place our trust in Alizee to do the right thing,to send the money where it is most needed. I just hope this little incident doesn't change her mind about helping out in this situation. It's usualy her policy to keep her privacy and one of the few times she doesn't, things start to go wrong. Maybe it will teach her the wrong lesson ( at least from my perspective) and she'll want to wash her hands of the whole affair.
This is sad. She wanted to help, and now she is probably very embarrased.

In addition, we are pressing her for someone to donate to.

I say that if her organization responds then we act as guided (I hope they do). If they do not, then we drop it entirely (no more e-mails after the one that was just sent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, if Alizée thinks about this too long, she may just wash her hands of it. Hopefully we can get the donation to her soon before that happens. I'm sure she will pick the right charity to give it to, assuming she is still willing.

I get the feeling this association has been really run by amateurs, but I believe their hearts were in the right place and they meant well. If I understood correctly, they are continuing their association for needy children in general, rather than for Jean Baptiste. Since they have "retired" Alizée, I would prefer to put the money in her hands, rather than theirs.

If Alizée is no longer willing to take our donation, we should request that she give us the name of a charity that she likes so we can donate it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Nous menbres du bureau avons fait une assemblee generale ce jour et avons retirer alizee comme marraine de l association un sourire pour jean baptiste .car rapelons le elle n etait presente a aucuns de nos evenements je vous laisse decouvrir prochainement sur la presse celle qui prendra sa place

Us, members of the association bureau made a general assembly this day and decided to retired Alizee as godmother of the association because, we have to remind it, she didn't come to any of our events and we will let you discover by the press, who will take her place.
I want nothing further to do with that association.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It sounds like a case where someone from their organization asked Alizee for her help and Alizee did help. But one of them probably has the attitude, she's from Ajaccio, she should be coming to all these events, not taking into account that she's now living over 500 miles away with her own family to take care of.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I want nothing further to do with that association.

Its a shame, helping that child is a good cause. And Lili wanted to help...

Oh well. That group made a mistake. Their loss.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

What was a best case scenario has turned into a worse case scenario. Our forum and Alizee both tried to do a good thing and it has kind of blown up in our faces.

It's tough for Alizee to just dis-associate herself from this organization, because she is from Ajaccio. This could change people's from there perspectives on how they view Alizee, not to mention her family members there.

I think it's best if I send one more letter, once I have a final amount for the donations. I will mention that we are aware that things have gone wrong with this cause and if it's best for her to say she never recieved a donation, then we wont send it.

On the plus side, if we don't send the donation, I will finally have enough money to buy that big screen tv I always wanted............................................ ............jk.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-09-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I hope that Alizée realizes that we have a general understanding of what is going on and that we feel she has no cause to be embarrassed. She did a great job!

@Scruffy - I think as long as you tell her that we would like to give the money to her for HER CHARITY OF CHOICE, she is under no obligation to give it to that association.

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-09-2011 at 07:42 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
t.

On the plus side, if we don't send the donation, I will finally have enough money to buy that big screen tv I always wanted............................................ ............jk.
No !! I have a better idea : You send me the money and if I meet Alizee by chance in the streets once again, I give her the money.
If I don't , I 'll buy that big screen tv I always wanted.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:

This could change people's from there perspectives on how they view Alizee, not to mention her family members there.
I hope that doesnt happen to her.

Well, we have done our part...its up to Lili if she wants to go through with this or not.

We can still be proud of this, and proud of Alizée. She did great, and so did all of you.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator

On FB, under the post about "retiring Alizée", 10 people have clicked "like". It's sad. I don't know what they expected her to do.

Anyway, she has to know that people like us think highly of her. That's another reason why I'd like to see this donation work out with her, but to a charity of her choice.

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: changed last sentence
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Well thats one thing we can take comfort in. SHE KNOWS ABOUT THIS EFFORT.

Even if it doesnt work out, she knows.

This was the first time she called on her fans for something like this, and we answered that call, and she KNOWS that.

So Im sure she will be upset about this, embarrassed, whatever else....but she also knows we still care, and we are still here for her.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Administrator

And not only does she know, but she will know that we continue to pursue the effort to donate to a worthy cause in honor of her, even in light of all that has happened.
Closed Thread