Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée911 View Post
Maybe while shes in Mexico she'll just stop by in USA to do some Concerts for her American fanz!
(in a sarcastic tone) Kind of like the last time she visted Mexico, right?

Alizee is my Constant
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Here's the original article:

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/88098.html

While is does say she's recorded a Spanish song with Adanowsky, it doesn't say if it's for an album or what.

Since this is essentially the same info as the last news thread, I'll merge it with that.

Last edited by Ben; 01-30-2009 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Translation most of it by Z3RO.

PARIS .- The meeting of the French singer Alizée with Gerardo and Paloma, two of his most ardent fans, who traveled directly from Mexico to know her, didn't take so long for coming. From his studios in Paris, the young singer received the 2 mexicans with open arms and shared with them her music and some of her secrets. El Universal was present and spoke with the artist.

- As French singer, why do you think the Mexicans receive (listen) so good your songs? She is one of the best selling artists in the country.
At first, perhaps because the first song they knew well, they did not understand what the lyrics said in French, it was easy to remember. They also liked the image I had before a lot.

- Has it been difficult to change your image of "Lolita" that everyone knew several years ago and show a more mature stage?
Clearly, after Being a mom my image has changed, evolved, and I have also grown up, I've matured, I want other things. Of course I do not deny that it is very difficult, because this image set to many people.

- How many times have you visited Mexico?
Four or five times (She doesn't remember !?).

- Did the image you had from Mexico changed when you first visited it?
No, not at all. I knew that the people there were very cool, not complicated, friendly and quiet.

- Do you know Mexican singers and artists?
In France we do not know much Mexican music, but I remember the actress Salma Hayek.

- Will you visit soon other countries in Latin America?
Yes, of course I will. My plans are to introduce myself in Argentina and Chile.

- What artist, French or international, would you like to sing with?
-There are many artists with whom I'd like to share the stage. First, there is Madonna, and if male, with Justin Timberlake.

When you did the "remake" of the song "Isla Bonita" by Madonna, why did you choose that particular song?
I'm a fan of Madonna since I was four years, and it's my favorite song (LIB). I had recorded that song in France for a French television program, and was like that how the Mexicans first found out about me, sharing the video through Youtube.

- Have you thought about singing in Spanish?
Yes, indeed, Adanowsky singer (her mother is Mexican, son of the filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky) has just composed a song in Spanish for me that will be released shortly.

-It must be difficult to find a balance between music, travel, your small daughter and your husband. Can you do everything?
I have people around me that helps me and understands me. Everything is a matter of good organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey® View Post
I have read that interview too. I'm worried that she might abandon her French speaking fans and start doing most of her songs in Spanish.
whoa whoa! Don't go so far bud !
Old 01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

¡No puedo esperar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey® View Post
I'm worried that she might abandon her French speaking fans and start doing most of her songs in Spanish.
Yeah, and I'm worried she'll rename her daughter Beatriz Guadalupe Prieto, join a traveling mariachi band, and start taking siestas .
Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
¡No puedo esperar!

Yeah, and I'm worried she'll rename her daughter Beatriz Guadalupe Prieto, join a traveling mariachi band, and start taking siestas .
Hey at least u won't have to travel to the other part of the world to see her.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road
Default New Mexican Song

I couldn't find this posted already; I'm sorry if it's a repeat.

Alizée is going to produce another song written for her by Latino/French singer Adanowsky. It will be sung in Spanish.

source (Jan 30, French):http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php

Last edited by LeFantôme; 01-30-2009 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Changed nationality of Adanowsky
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

So are Alizée and Paloma in a studio on that pic?

Thanks to Max_Jeuxeg_Emiens for the scans
Old 01-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Not holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée911 View Post
Maybe while shes in Mexico she'll just stop by in USA to do some Concerts for her American fanz!
I don't think she's fully aware that she has a small but devoted following here in the USA. Just to put a fine point on this : I know she knows WE are here - Alizée America, that is - but I doubt she thinks enough of the USA as a market for her to seriously consider performing here.

She might even have some sort of ethical or personal reasons for not wanting to perform for the USA as a country. "Americans" aren't exactly loved or respected like we used to be ... and let's face facts, the French have an annoying tendency to look down at ... well, anyone who isn't French, but especially "Americans".

(And please don't try to tell me "But Alizée would NEVER be that way ! She's too nice and sweet and perfect and you should just STFU !". She's not immune to cultural bias, no matter what her press machine might say. We don't know - with certainty - what thoughts really roll through her head, so this is all guesswork and assumptions, right ?)

I think we need to consider the possibility that she may not want to perform in the USA because she doesn't actually like us much - as a country, a culture, a body politik. She wouldn't be the first, and likely won't be the last.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
I don't think she's fully aware that she has a small but devoted following here in the USA. Just to put a fine point on this : I know she knows WE are here - Alizée America, that is - but I doubt she thinks enough of the USA as a market for her to seriously consider performing here.

She might even have some sort of ethical or personal reasons for not wanting to perform for the USA as a country. "Americans" aren't exactly loved or respected like we used to be ... and let's face facts, the French have an annoying tendency to look down at ... well, anyone who isn't French, but especially "Americans".

(And please don't try to tell me "But Alizée would NEVER be that way ! She's too nice and sweet and perfect and you should just STFU !". She's not immune to cultural bias, no matter what her press machine might say. We don't know - with certainty - what thoughts really roll through her head, so this is all guesswork and assumptions, right ?)

I think we need to consider the possibility that she may not want to perform in the USA because she doesn't actually like us much - as a country, a culture, a body politik. She wouldn't be the first, and likely won't be the last.
While what you say is possible, I doubt very much that it is the reason she hasn’t entered the US market. In fact, I’ve seen many examples of things she has said and done that lead me to believe that there are things about the USA the she does like. Regardless, if her record company felt confident in her success in the USA, she’d probably be here whether she liked the USA or not. In Alizée’s defense, I would say she is probably more “worldly” in her knowledge of people and cultures around the world because of her career and travels and is probably more accepting of Americans than most Americans are accepting of the French.

I honestly believe that Alizée would prefer a career mainly in France and maybe a few neighboring countries. If she could sell 100,000 CDs per album and do concerts and TV shows there occasionally, she would be perfectly happy. I don’t think she wants any more than that and she doesn’t want her career to become too demanding or overwhelming. The trouble is, the record companies will want as much as they can get out of each release and they will drop you if you don’t deliver. If Mexico hadn’t happened, I think Alizée’s record contract and career could have been at risk.

If her record company wants her to come to the USA, then I think you might see her here. I don’t think she will be pushing for it herself, though. But Alizée is experienced enough to know it’s a business and she has to keep the record company happy too. If fans want Alizée in the US, they will probably need to come up with their own “Mexican Miracle”.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 AM

Alizee Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I honestly believe that Alizée would prefer a career mainly in France and maybe a few neighboring countries. If she could sell 100,000 CDs per album and do concerts and TV shows there occasionally, she would be perfectly happy. I don’t think she wants any more than that and she doesn’t want her career to become too demanding or overwhelming.
I agree with this 100%! I don't think it her goal to win over the world or the United States. Her goal is balance in her life. It's that simple and not deeper then that. Well said.