Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

All I got is an I-pod Nano.
The bad thing is that my I-pod is already full.

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

I have the same iPod as Alizee!!! But mine is the 160 GB. If I gave her an iPod it would have been the biggest one! In fact I would give her mine!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

40 GB... Oh my...

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever catch up to that.

Well, not anytime soon
Old 02-25-2008, 01:04 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

awesome gc! thanks for this, great work man
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Anyone know the rest of the article about Jenifer?

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showpost...9&postcount=37

Since it's a comparision article I think it is important to have too.

Thanks in advance! (I'm trying to put all these to PDF so I can print and have reading materials during the plane ride since I don't have a laptop.)

--Edit--
Okay I think I have the gist of it, if someone can double check the work:
JENIFER

Background. Losing “Graines de Star”, this Nice of Corsican origin wins the “Star Academy” first place. She becomes, at 19, with her first album, the idol of the housewives under 50 and the various barons.

Rebirth. After a break due to a meeting (with the handsome Maxim Nucci) and the birth of Aaron (in 2003), releases a third album, worked by her man.

Music. Sexy-coppered Reggae, Arabic melody, pop-rock'n'roll enveloping: an album diverse but exciting, composed and carried out by Maxim Nucci and written by David Verlant.

Clip. A homage to Harold Lloyd, with Jenifer being Hitchcockian and chic.

Whats at stake. The performer of "Au Soleil" to be a French Beyoncé?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Last edited by Sir Wood; 02-29-2008 at 02:08 AM..
Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

gc, you are freakin' amazing; merci baecoup!!!
'Nuff said.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Anyone know the rest of the article about Jenifer?

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showpost...9&postcount=37

Since it's a comparision article I think it is important to have too.

Thanks in advance! (I'm trying to put all these to PDF so I can print and have reading materials during the plane ride since I don't have a laptop.)

--Edit--
Okay I think I have the gist of it, if someone can double check the work:
JENIFER

Background. Losing “Graines de Star”, this Nice of Corsican origin wins the “Star Academy” first place. She becomes, at 19, with her first album, the idol of the housewives under 50 and the various barons.

Rebirth. After a break due to a meeting (with the handsome Maxim Nucci) and the birth of Aaron (in 2003), releases a third album, worked by her man.

Music. Sexy-coppered Reggae, Arabic melody, pop-rock'n'roll enveloping: an album diverse but exciting, composed and carried out by Maxim Nucci and written by David Verlant.

Clip. A homage to Harold Lloyd, with Jenifer being Hitchcockian and chic.

Whats at stake. The performer of "Au Soleil" to be a French Beyoncé?
You understand it very well. Good job Sir Wood, electronic high five to you
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

You rock, garconcanadien!
Thanks for all the translations!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Scans of Life Star from Nidalizée

2008-02-22 - Life Star - #3 - pages 56 to 57
ALIZEE
Her Best Damn Thing

We dug up our little notes for Alizee about a wide variety of themes to know her tastes a bit better, we discover a young woman who is simple, funny, and cultivated.

Cinema

(Films that you have memorized the lines to)

Alizee: There are quite a few. Films like "La Boum", which was on TV during Christmas and that I watched for sure. "Dirty Dancing" by memory too. Afterwards, there are cartoons in the "Aladdin" style that I liked a lot and that I am looking at again with my daughter. In the TV series, there is "Friends" that I know the best, its one of the first TV series that I watched, I have the DVDs at the house and I remember the lines very well.

Resolutions

A.: To not bite my nails anymore, try to go to Corsica more often because I don't always have time, try to eat less candy because I have a sweeth tooth and above all try to do a concert tour. Before everything, to be able to balance family life and stage life, I hope to be able to bring my daughter along with me. To share the album with the public who has already welcomed it very well.

VCR
(What you don't ever wanna miss)

A.: I rarely watch the TV, I look at a lot of TV series, I buy then or I look at them online like everybody. Its above all the series. When there is a new one, I watch the first episode or I record it, I try to see if I like it.

TV Series
(What TV series actor could you be?)

A.: I hesitate... It could be a mix between Monica from "Friends" and of Suzn and Lynette of "Desperate Housewives". Not a bad mix! One could create a new one. We can't identify with just one of the characters because they are extreme, but thats cool because we can identify a little bit with all of them. And we can relate with them in some situations, but not all the time. Otherwise, I am "Desperate Housewives", "Grey's Anatomy", and "Prison Break". I have "Six Feet Under" on DVD at the house, "Sexy & The City" that I know by memory and "Friends" for sure. I tried "Lost" and "Heroes", but it didn't really catch my eye. Maybe its not girly enough (laughs).

TV Shows

I like to do shows where I can sing, speak about music and all that but when I need to speak about my life, the "why", I don't like that so much. There are shows like Cauet, its funny, we are there more to have fun, and I go there relaxed. Everything that I do, I choose ahead of time to not regret it if I don't feel it. I don't go onto a TV show to sell people but to sell music.

I am "Desperate Housewives", "Grey's Anatomy", and "Prison Break". I have "Six Feet Under" on DVD at the house, "Sexy & The City" that I know by memory and "Friends" for sure.

Ipod
(What you listen to over and over again)

A.: For a long time, I have been listening to Mika. I have also liked Christophe Willem's album a lot. Otherwise, when I started to record my album, I listened to Gwen Stefani, Gorillaz, and The Killers over and over again, these are the three albums that I was most inspired from. I wanted to have the urban aspect, tangy and well worked from Gwen Stefani. At the level of the sound, the cartoons and the narration of the Gorillaz inspired me, and The Killers, artistically, its the album that I like the most. To explain what I like musically, it was necessary to have examples for the guys I worked with. When its known what I listened to, we feel a bit of this influence more.

Internet

A.: I am very well versed with the computer, I go on the Internet a lot. I worked a lot with the people who do my official site to make something that resembles me and that is very interactive. Myspace, I try to use it, I read all my messages but it is impossible to respond to all of them. Facebook, I used it too, but its more personal, for my friends, I don't use it professionally like I do with Myspace.

Interviews
(Do you pay attention to what you say in interviews?)

A.: It depends. If I need to, I read, but I don't buy magazines. I avoid reading it because I am always scared of the way that they will edit what I said. In retrospect, I read all the chronicles because it is interesting to know people's opinion about my music. I took two years to make the album and it is very important to me see what people think. I rarely see negative chronicles, if its the case, I will see if what is written is judiciously done. I tell myself that I can't satisfy everybody, if its well written and constructed, I understand it very well.

alizee-officiel.com, myspace.com/alizee-officiel and nidalizee.com

DISCO: RCA/SONY-BMG MUSIC
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emou
ALIZEE

Welcome to the Psychedelice fashion world of Alizee!

"I spend all my money on clothes"

Hi Alizee! What's on your clothes budget?

Alizee: I adore clothes, I am really crazy about them! I will admit it, I spend all my money on clothes... At the same time, the T shirt that I am wearing today cost 9.90 Euros!

We first knew you as a lolita...

Its true, and I don't regret any of it. At 15, I thought it was funny to wear clothes that really didn't match me. But today at 23, I want to wear stuff that matches me.

What is your style in 2008?

A style of tangy pop with freshness. A lot of sneakers since I am a fan of them, even with robes on. I also make sure to not be too fashionable, so that I don't look like a has-been in only six months.

You dress on the stage like you do in the city?

I asked myself this question for the third album: Am I going to play a character or be myself? I also wanted the girls to relate to it. I opted for clothes that I like but that I couldn't wear every day.

The last thing that you fell for?

A pair of unique sneakers that I had done on an internet site that you can personalize the pair that you order. Everybody stops me on the street to ask me where I got them from!

Her model: "Vanessa Paradis is a reference for me".

2000: "At the time, I went shopping with Mylene Farmer".

2001: "This costume worked well with my album Gourmandises".

2002: "Mylene had designed models for each song on my second album".

2003: "I was no longer on promotion, so I got a bit more relaxed with the style".