Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road
Wink Alizée Article Translations by me

here you will find all Alizee article translations I wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
translation by me

Alizee

It was seven years ago that an adolescent named Alizee realized dazzling success. Her show Moi... Lolita stayed in everybody's minds. The singer today wants to conquer the public again with the single Mademoiselle Juliette. Flash-back on a career that was out of the ordinary.

Born on the 21st of August 1984 in Ajaccio, Alizee lived her childhood completely in Corsica. At four years old, she got involved in modern dance, which would become her first great passion.

Passionate about art in general, at 11, she participated in a drawing contest sponsored by a big airline company. She took home 1st prize and got the privilege of seeing her design reproduced on the outside of a plane rebaptised "Alizee".

The young adolescent decides to take singing lessons and gets more experience under her belt. In November 1999, Alizee and her friends signed up to the show Graines de Stars which was going on in Ajaccio... she was the only one immediately selected and got a ticket to Paris.

On the 25th of February 2000, the 15 year old adolescent sang for the first time on TV on M6 in the show hosted by Laurent Boyer. She sang Ma Priere by Axelle Red and got the title Graine de Chanteuse. At the same time, she sends a demo cassette to Parisian producers who were searching for young talents.

Behind the "Parisian producers", Laurent Boutonnat and Mylene Farmer were hiding... Under Alizee's charm, they decided to launch the young singer's career.

On the 4th of July 2000 her first single Moi... Lolita was released. It realized a dazzling success, just like the album which would follow, called Gourmandises. The awards were raining from the sky. At 16, Alizee is also the youngest artist to participate in the Enfoires show.

In 2002, the success of Moi...Lolita becomes interplanetary. The singer even receives the award of "the French artist that sold the most CDs outside the country" at the World Music Awards.

In 2003, her second album Mes Courants Electriques received slightly less welcome. Whatever, she went on tour for the first time in her career.

The young star would leave for a long time from the music scene. Things changed in her professional life, marked by the end of her colloboration with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, and in her private life, with the birth of her daughter, Anily, on the 28th of April 2005.

Her new album, Psychedelices, was created with the help of Jeremy Chatelain, an old student of the Star Academy, who is also her husband and her daughter's father.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZESTER View Post

Thanks Sweety
by me

Alizee
Second Wind

Freed, the kid who sang Moi...Lolita comes back as a pop icon. Not so simple.

How to talk about it? With Jeremy Chatelain, her husband, at the controls, we would have expected an about-face towards rock. Finally, we find the ex-muse of the duo Farmer-Boutonnat in an interesting pop song, with cool lyrics (of Fauque, Darc, etc) and hanging melodies. Sometimes, we have the impression of hearing Lio humming Solitary Lovers.

The best bit?
Lots of good songs, very softly done, with a must, Lonely List, sad and sweet.

The worst?
Decollage, a song in which Alizee tries out R and B. Unhearable.

So, did the come back succeed?
After making France, Japan, and Latin America dance, the brunette counts on seducing a sore public. Its quite a difficult spot, even if the flower power universe of the album seems to have taken it over completely. Wouldn't Alizee just become a muse?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Alizee

Her single "Lolita" has made her a celebrity at 15 years of age. After four years of traveling the world, she has made the time to get married and to have a baby. She left so she can have a better come-back...

Anecdote: Her name was signed up at the National Patent Office by Mylene Farmer. Alizee had to buy it back! But her ex-producer didn't get worked up about it: 1 symbolic euro and the deal was sealed.

SHES GOT A GOOD HEADWIND

Bye bye to the seductive Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, her ultra-bossy producer-directors. Like a teenager, Alizee needed to quit her cozy nest, to see what she was capable of. The big girl that she has become went herself to look for author/composers, dug up from very different universes. The rapper Puccino, Daniel Darc, the ex-Taxi girl, Bertrand Bergalat, and Jean Fauque, Bashung's songwriter, were on her Christmas list. It was just left to her to convince them to work with her. Quite a daring bet when a cumbersome label of enticing lolita is stuck on your forehead. However, the singer has solid arguments. With her husband and ex-Star Academy singer, Jeremy Chatelain, in the directing, the team is complete. The finished product, Psychedelices, has invaded the bacs beginning in december. Mixing pop, hip-hop, rock,and electro, this new CD makes the singer proud, who is also the producer. "Mademoiselle Juliette", the first single, was the 13th most downloaded title and is frequently played on the radios. Alizee is back!
Vanessa Ribes
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
2008-01-1x- Tribu Move - #107 - cover & pages from 26 to 31

Alizee
Psychedelices

FAIRYTALES ARE MADE TO BE UNMADE...

The artistic birth of Alizee starts like a fairytale: Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat leaned over her cradle and they made of her a glamour lolita that sings pop-dance nursery rhymes. In 2000, her clip "Moi...Lolita" (2.5 million copies sold in the world) got number one on the charts in several countries (Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain...) and Alizee even had the luxury of getting into 9th place on the prestigious and very sought-after Top 40 British. There hasn't been such a keen interest in a female French artist since "Joe the Taxi" of Vanessa Paradis (Top 3 in 1987)! The Alizeemania is a pure wind of craziness that blows across the world and she secures the shows and the album: "L'Alize" single from the album "Gourmandises" (2000), and then "J'en ai marre", "J'ai pas vingt ans" and "A contre-courant" singles from "Mes Courants Electriques" (2003). She next goes on tour at the end of 2003-2004, and then disappears... Her artistic rupture with the duo author-composer-producer Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat is complete and Alizee decides to fly with her own wings! Today at the age of 23, she is an independent artist and she is her own producer: she applies the recipes and lessons that Mylene taught! She will have needed two and a half years to concoct this new album, "Psychedelices, that is pure pop with electro-rock and vintage new wave samples.

She is working with Jean Fauque (word juggler, of double meaning and double reading that he wrote for Bashung, Vanessa Paradis...), Bertrand Bergalat (Christophe Willem, Valerie Lemercier), Kore ("Rai n'B Fever"), Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc (ex Taxi Girl) & Frederic Lo as well as her husband Jeremy Chatelain (ex-candiate of Star Academy 2). At the end of January, "Mademoiselle Juliette" will be released as a CD Maxi Digipack (9 remixes including 2 unedited ones) and in Maxi 45 RPM Vinyl Picture Disc (8 remixes including one unedited and the Acapella), Limited Edition 1000 copies. Alizee comes back without taboos about her career, her artistic rupture with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, the two and a half years used to make her album, her relation with the gay population and her filming project in 2008. Like she says herself so well in the introduction of the album (in the limited edition C.D.-Digipack): "Fairy tales are made to be unmade..." but the Tinkerbell, her guardian angel, always watches over her!

Are these "Psychedelices" more edible than the "Gourmandises" that you lured us with in 2000?

(Laughs). Today, I would say yes! Its a bit strange to say this because I adore my two previous albums, but "Psychedelices" matches me exactly. It represents the young 23 year old girl that I have become. Maybe in 3-4 years a new album will resemble me more and "Psychedelices" will resemble me less...

A mixture of pop, rock, vintage new wave with many samples and electro, a universe fresh and coloured, warm pastel colours, plays on words and candy... Is this a good definition of your artistic universe?

Its a bit difficult to define my music! I think that tangy pop is the most exact and appropriate term. Its also possible to find what I did before: the omnipresence of candy and multiple meanings. Except that its not the same person that does it and she doesn't do the same play on words as Mylene. She and Jean Fauque are masters of amusing themselves with play on words, to play with words and to always try to find double meanings. This album is an evolution in contrast to what I used to do: It was much more dance. I have met many people who have brought their touch, and that is what makes there have several different things and a unifying theme at the same time in the album. My voice is the unifying theme between the songs.

You have said about the single "Mademoiselle Juliette": I could not have come back with a urban title like "Decollage", I therefore chose a bridge between the old and new Alizee. How do you see yourself in several years, as a diva of R'n'B, like an urban singer like Gwen Stefani?

I don't really know! Even I ask myself a lot of questions. But in any case I what I know is that in France, we can't come up with too much, we are always required to stay the course, a certain road. While in the United States, if we take the example of Gwen Stefani: she has started her group No Doubt by making punk-ska, then rock, and little by little she has gone towards urban thanks to Pharrell Williams... and at the same time I think that its still very rock and roll. I don't say that I am going to go towards urban, electro, or rock, but if its the case I will mix the genres while trying to let people follow it and to find themselves within it. In France, if we do something that goes counter to what is done, people go away!

I adored your song "Decollage" with the big dancefloor R'n'B sound created by Kore with Oxmo Puccino's words. Is this a first for Alizee?

To let me get that song down smoothly, I was coached by Oxmo Puccino (big laughs). Moreover in the remixes of "Mademoiselle Juliette", I did what was a bootleg urban with "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado: the Deefire 2 Remix. For me, Timbaland is the best in this moment. In France, we can't imitate it, but we can at least get inspired by its style and its sound. Outside of Kore who created "Rai n'B", and who made many different things, I think that the French R'n'B world is a well-oiled machine. Even if we stay in Hip-Hop, now everybody wants to get inspired by Pharrell Williams' or Timbaland's American sound and to import it to France. In fact, the whole world has their eyes pointed towards them...

In fact everything adds up since you like Gwen Stefani a lot who worked with Timbaland and the Neptunes (Pharrell Williams), Nelly Furtado who worked with Timbaland, you like the new wave and the last album of Duran Duran was made for Timbaland and Nate "Danja" Hills and finally Madonna is working on her new album with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.

I know, its weird! I think that thoses guys are the most avant-garde because they take a urban universe that the whole world knows and an urban sound that nobody has listened to yet! That works on a lot of people. for example, Madonna has never done R'n'B in her life and I am sure that it is going to be a success and that it will be cool. They know that they are making a sound that everybody can sing to.

Did you attend Gwen Stefani's Great Ecumenical Mass at Paris-Bercy?

No I regretted it because I wasn't there and I really wanted to see her in concert. I was very disappointed!

Have you seen her clothes collection "L.A.M.B"?

Yes, I like everything that she does. She has a universe that is simultaneously personal and original. I like the way she is directing her career, the way she brings things whether it be in fashion, music... Everything is well placed and above all done in good taste! Good taste is not easy in our day, it is not given to everybody, and whether we like it or not, she manages her career like a great professional.

Let's now flashback to the past: how did you go through the tornado of media craziness about the end of your artistic collaboration with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat? The gay community was very worried about you so can we talk about it?

Why of course!

You yourself have read in the press: "That you will no longer be anything without them"!

Yes its true! I have read and heard about that.

That you were contractually blocked during the years with them...

Yes, but its false!

How did you deal with all that? That didn't injure you or get the better of you?

No, its maybe that fact that it was me who left. It probably would have been different if I was given my contracts back, telling me that they no longer wanted to work with me! If that was actually the case I think I would be six feet down under and depressed. The fact that it was me who wanted to leave and to go and see and discover new things allowed me to keep my head up! Maybe people will find that pretentious. In any case, I learned a lot with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. They have given me a lot. If today the gay public is present, its thanks to them: they were the intermediaries. I am very well aware of the good luck that I had and still have! All that we learn, we have it forever, for our whole lives. I just wanted to do something else and to take things into my own hands. I was only taught a single way to work: whether it be in studio, for photoshoots, for choreographs... I have seen how its possible to manage by yourself and to create by yourself I wanted to pass to the practical stage. Before applying her recipes on me, Mylene applied them on herself. I told myself: I am twenty years old, I am filled with everything that I have been taught and I want to make it work for me. I have the means to produce an album and now I want to give myself to means to be able to make what I want while trying to go and see the people that I appreciate. For me, it was a luxury to be able to choose the people that I wanted to work with: Daniel Darc... They all accepted because they all had a good image of me. All in all, that motivated me even more to go even further and to above all forge ahead!

Personally, do you think that you were caged in, that you were artistically frustrated, that you didn't have your word to say...

No it wasn't the case! I told myself instead: "What you are doing musically, is it that if it were not you singing it, you would listen to it on your iPod?" That was the real question!

You therefore had a hard time taking charge of things?

No, because I really had a good time! I got the best out of it. When one is an artist, one has the chance to be able to fully taste different worlds.

The first people that you sent your album to were Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. I read in the press that there was no reply from them. So, how should this silence be interpreted?

I don't ask myself too many questions! They know that I am very grateful towards them. It was the least I could do for them in return to send them my album before everybody else and that is what I did. Personally, I am very proud of my album and I hope that they have good thoughts about it!

I was intrigued by your personality. I know that in the core, you are timid and reserved. Do you think that you still have a place in show business or do we ask more and more of artists: star-making, people-making, reality TV...

It is true that I have a little bit of a hard time with all that! I have the impression that I am there to give what I can give, that is to say music, dreams, images...But today everything has changed due to the collapse of the record market. I have the impression that its necessary to give more to sell more discs, but I don't agree with that! I think that if an album is good, it is good! There are still people who sell millions of discs, Mylene, the first.

The market is now filled to the brim, there are too many releases, everybody wants to be on the big shows (NRJ, TF1...) and if you don't stay on top of that you have a hard time staying alive.

Yes, but besides that somebody like M is never on NRJ and he has sold millions of discs, so there are exceptions and I hope to be one of them! We'll see...

During your 2003-2004 tour you were confronted by the public. People thought that you were a singer for adolescents and there they discovered that you have a real gay fan base?

Its true that I really didn't know what kind of audience that I was going to have! It has been four years snce I have sung and those were my first shows. With singers of my age who each have their own audience, the question that was asked was: "What is Alizee's audience"? This was very eclectic, but I went along with it very well. My songs have double meanings so kids have taken it to the first degree and others have interpreted it in another fashion. I am very proud of having a large audience and to include gays. They are in fact more loyal than the others!

Today, your audience has grown like you have. You will go on tour in 2008 so are you going to change with this evolution and conceive a different kind of show?

I definitely am in the process of thinking about it. For the time being I have no clue what this is going to become, but my album brings up so many different things, it is so coloured that it can't be an acoustic concert. The show will reflect my own evolution! When you look at the CD insert of my last album, it is different from what I did before and more... I eat a cake there while one of my previous albums was called "Gourmandises"!

Exactly, while on the subject of delicacies, it is said that candy have a sensual, even sexual connotation. Do they have a double meaning?

(Big laughs). (Editors note: Alizee makes a mischievous grin to answer this fundamental question). My two previous albums exactly revolved around the double meaning with the sexual connotations. The last one was quite a bit less and the better for it! At the same time its Jean Fauque who writes so its not the same pen as Mylene.

Aren't you a fan of "Desperate Housewives" since there are many references to the series: Wisteria Song, Wisteria Studio and in the words of "Lilly Town" we find Bree Van de Kamp?

I am a big fan of the series and I would like to have a clip that resembles it! Its also the picture of a clip with Nicole Kidman:"And the man created the woman".

Is Bree your favourite character in the series?

Definitely. I also like Susan Mayer, but Bree is so charismatic and Marcia Cross, the actor who interprets that role, is the one who acts the best!

Do you know who is the deseparate housewife that elects the gays guys the most?

Gabrielle Solis (laughs). To sleep with her little gardener! (Big laughs).

In "Lilly Town", is there a reference to gays?

Yes, I sing: "And every night some men, who play the women". (Big laughs). I thought that was very subtle on the part of Jean to integrate that sentence because I like it a lot and it goes very well in the song. Its light and funny!

You are 23 years old, so how can you like new wave so much?

I was born in 1984. I remember still the particular sound that was used in the 80s while I was just a child.

Which artists or groups have influenced you?
I have grown up with Madonna from 1984 to 1990 and I still remember "Like a Prayer". That sums up my entire childhood, because thats the music I have listened to over and over again like her album "True Blue" with "La Isla Bonita", "Papa don't preach", I will also tell you a little secret, I put "Papa don't preach" as my ringtone when my dad calls me (Laughs). For me, the 80s belonged to Madonna. After I liked Depeche Mode a lot... But in my album, I was not only influenced by the 80s, there is also the 70s with Simon and Garfunkel...

Its possible to also feel the influence of The Cure in the song written and composed by Daniel Darc and Frederic Lo :"Lonely List".

At the same time, the sound is very German. Its a song more somber and at the same time it resembles me. Even if I have the joy of living and I have a lot of fun, there are days just like everybody else has when things don't go well. My life is not like a theme park everyday! This song reveals my melancholy, nostalgic, and sad side!

You end your thank yous saying: "Thanks to Mylene and Laurent without whom this fairy tale would never have started". When we open the Limited Edition Digipack, there is: "Fairy tales are made to be unmade...". What did you mean to say?

(Big laughs). Its a beautiful sentence! Its kind of the start of the story of this album: if I had not unmade my personal fairytale with Mylene and Laurent, it would never have seen the light of day. Before we listen to the album, we have to read this sentence!

There are other double meanings about the past in the album, was this intentional?

No, but Jean Fauque couldn't hold himself back! (Laughs).

In "Mademoiselle Juliette", you say "Mademoiselle takes off, Don't break herself apart, In her role she only wants herself, No replicas of all the shows". Is this a transposition to your own past?

We didn't do it in that state of mind! When we sing a song written by somebody else, whether it be Mylene or Jean Fauque, we see several months afterward even more interpretations and then we say: "Cool, I didn't even realize that it could be interpreted like that!". So in effect, I realized a few months afterwards that it could be interpreted badly, but at the same time, I like this song a lot.

In "Jamais Plus" you say: "Yesterday nevermore. But yesterday is wrong. Today you see. It's never more. To forget I adore. That happens effortlessly. It disappeared quickly. And never more".

Its just a song about a love story. You see the vice everywhere! (Laughs).

That could also be a goodbye letter!

Yes, if we want it to be, but its more a good bye letter to a guy... (Laughs).

Lets talk about the clip "Mademoiselle Juliette", you go into a free and decadent universe in the 18th century. What is the story about that?

In fact, I go into that mansion as a visitor. At the foundation of Romeo and Juliette, there are two families: The Montagues and the Capulets. I didn't want to portray the boring story of their battle, so the families are represented by two colours: white and black. Juliette doesn't want to choose between the two and in the end she only makes one.

The clip is pretty hot, you are surrounded by female dancres and there is a bit of unbridled sexuality. Is this a lesbian reference?

In the song, Juliette completely doesn't care about her guy, what she wants is just to have fun. The guys are therefore excluded. There are only girls having the party so in fact its possible to imagine things. Its not explicit, each person has the right to his or her own interpretation. I like it when people put their points of view forward. Last time I met a gay person who told me that found himself in the same place as "Lui ou Toi" (Editors note: this is in the album "Gourmandises") and talks about a girl who doesn't know how to choose between two guys. It could have been a girl who told me that, but hey actually no, it was a guy! (Laughs). It is therefore necessary to do things subtly in the clip and to allow people to have their interpretations...

How many tatoos do you have?

I have a salamander on my ankle and a big one on my back.

Is it the famous Tinkerbell that we find everywhere at your house and that follows you?

(Laughs). I think that it is my guardian angel. I had it tatooed on my back, so I can't see it and I can't get weary of it. I can only see it when I get out of the bathroom. Its a character that I like a lot since I was a little girl, mostly because of her character because she is gentle and discreet. She appears like me from time to time! She is a little bit like me.

I have seen that a fan has tatooed you on his back. Didn't that scare you?

A bit, I must admit! Its me with Tinkerbell wings.

Like you, Lorie has a gay and adolescent audience, she is independent today and her own producer. Its there a parallel between your careers?

I have listened to her single "I am going fast", but not the album. Its very Kylie, but we have to like it as much as Madonna. Moreover, I like Kylie's last album, "X", and her CD 80 Insert speaks to me a lot. Lorie like me as well as the other young girls who have started in this job at the same time as us, today we are growing, we are evolving, and we don't do the same thing. We are always talking about the United States, we all prove that we can do different things in France.

Do you have a particular message to our readers that you want to give through our humble intermediary?

They can write me on mypspace (Editors Note: www.myspace.com/alizeeofficiel) because I receive a lot of messages. I even try to accept them in my friends. I thank them because they have supported me a lot. Between the moment when I stopped the tour and the time when I released this album, it has been a long time. I have put two and a half years into doing it and when we really get involved in it we don't see things anymore and we don't know anymore if its what we are really doing or not. The fact that I am receiving so many messages has made me want to go even further, that has given me ideas, to make things and that it was necessary for a performance for such a public so that they don't get lost, same idea in the picture... I hope that they have liked the album or that they are going to like it, but I above all thank them for having waited for me!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
2008-01-11 - Le Nice Matin (notice the "small" error...)
Alizee: Always in the wind

Alizee
"Psychedelices"
(Sony-BMG)

It was three years ago, after her rupture with Mylene Farmer, her return to Corsica, and the announcement that she was a mother, many would bet that Alizee's career would end, on a memorable hit ("Moi... Lolita"), followed by discs and phenomenal tours, all the way to the Country Of The Rising Sun [Japan].

We didn't know the Ajaccian girl well, who, having taken the time to get the best out of her motherhood, and to get back into good shape on her island, got bac to work, and decided, at the age of 23, to produce her very own next album.

I needed a break, , she confirms, but also liberty. I wanted to do things differently this time. " Alizee therefore broke her piggy bank and went to knock on the door of people that she admired, like the old Taxi-Girl Daniel Darc, the rapper Oxmo Puccino, the dabbler Bertrand Bergalat, or Bashung's songwriter Jean Fauque, to ask them if they wanted to work with her. "Some were suprised by this step, but they all told me yes" she assures.

Alizee manages the transition from Lolita to Mademoiselle better than others.

That produced "Psychedelices, a fourth album of quite good account, to which the public - and the most astonishing - the critics, give a warm welcome to.

Dominating electro-pop

In the program, of the "psyche", so, above all in the lyrics of Jean Fauque in which the references "Fifty Sixty" speak most to the fourty-year-olds, and some well directed pop "delicacies", with her Star Academy husband and colleague Jeremy Chatelain at the controls, about whom she says "He helped me to push the project in the direction that I wanted. It helps to have as a colleague somebody who has the same tastes and the same passions". A dominating electro-pop, with a unifying video ("Mademoiselle Juliette"), which will not abandon the fans of the past, the album adventures towards more serious ambiances ("Idealiser, Lonely List"), which suit her sound very well. Result: Alizee manages the transition from Lolita to Mademoiselle better than others (like Lorie, while waiting for Priscilla).

"I didn't change my world, nor my look, its an evolution, not a revolution" is how the lady summarizes it, who, between two promotions, is already working on the tour to come and completely refuses to talk about anything other than music.

"I don't ask myself too many questions, she says.If one asks herself, she doesn't move forward." And she is moving forward, with the wind blowing in the right direction: always in the wind.

Ph.D.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
I never thought to stop my career.

At four years, some started to ask themselves the question. The Net was crawling with rumors that continued to gain momentum. The fans asked themselves if Alizee wanted to stop her career. "Not for an instant. I wanted to make good decisions. Thats why I took a break. I regained all of my contracts to be entirely free. The idea of stopping never even came to me. How can we stop something that we are passionate about?" The answer at least has the advantage of being clear.

Alizee
"Today, I need to affirm myself."

Its been four years since Alizee has released an album. Since "Courants Electriques", the lolita's fans have been growing impatient. And so on the 3rd of December, "Psychedelices", her most recent work of which the single is doing really well, is released during the bacs. The style has evolved, the texts too. Just like a young girl who has become a mature mother of 23 years of age.

Your last album "Psychedelices" has been released on the 3rd of December, and it is very different than the previous ones, why the change?

"In fact, I don't think its a change. I would say instead that it is an evolution. I started my career at 15, I was still a kid. Today, I'm 23 and I have become a mother. I have evolved and my music has too."

What has the birth of your daughter given you?

"Incredible feelings and sensations. Its difficult to describe these emotions. Its really strong. I take pleasure in singing and doing shows, but I have never felt something quite this strong."

And in your work, what have you evolved into?

"When I was starting, I didn't decide very many things, I let myself be lead. Today, also thanks to the experience that I acquired, I can do what I wish. At 15, I arrived into a universe that I didn't know about, so, its true, we let ourselves be lead. But today, I need to affirm myself."

Moreover, you worked with Jean Fauque (Editors note: her songwriter) who knew how to make a new universe for you...

"I wanted to do something different than what I was used to doing before, but also something different than what is possible to listen to today. With Jean Fauque, we have put in two years to get this album done while having the most fun possible. We have taken our time to really get the best out of each moment."

With Mylene Farmer, is your collaboration definitely finished?

"With Mylene, we have gone down the same path together and I don't regret it. Then, the media started a rumour like that we were in a dispute, notably because of a song that started some controversy. How can you have a dispute with somebody who taught you everything? I explained myself, there is nothing more to say."

Super Plus!

For "Psychedelices", Alizee was influenced by the work of The Killers, Daft Punk, Gwen Stefani, and Gorillaz. The words were written by Jean Fauque and Jeremy Chatelain, her husband. If before going on stage, the pretty Corsican has no particular rituals, she confesses that she is just as stressed as when she first started out. Her dream would be to do a duo with Madonna.

You have definitely heard talk about Julien Dore's remaking of "Moi...Lolita". What do you think about what he has done?

"Julien knew how to bring his universe forward and the result has succeeded. I hope that he has a successful career. In any case, he has enough talent for that. He only needs to work at it."

Did you watch the show?

"To be honest, not really, I didn't really have the time."

What do you think about the new type of program, like La Nouvelle Star or the Star Academy?

"What I like the least about Star Academy is its reality TV side. The candidates are filmed 24 hours of the day, we really delve into their minds. But its a stepping stone for quite a few artists. They are working with good teachers, they have the chance to sing in front of millions of people. All in all, I would say that its a good thing."

What advice would you tell somebody who left the Star Academy?

"Quite simply to work because that is the key to success. Work is indispensable. A bit of luck is necessary too. And also, to know whom to work with. Its necessary to totally protect yourself from evil people in this job. And also, to keep a solid base, with the family."
Old 02-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I guess I forgot to post this...

Dado posted it few days ago.

2008-01-29 - So Foot - #51 - (page 96)

Alizee is the godmother of AC Ajaccio. She knows Dado Prso, but not Kaka. She is a fan of Basile Boli and thinks that Thierry Henry is still young... And if Alizee was still a little perverse girl?

Maure's head or the bear's head?

Ah, the choice between AC Ajaccio's team jersey... The head of Maure, because its Corsica... The first match I saw was when I was 5 or 6. For some years, I regularly went to the stadium, with my father and brother. When I started to sing, I continued to go to the stadium but I went more discreetly. Anyway, people from the club asked me to be ACA's godmother... My best memory, its when we went up to D2, I was wearing makeup, all that... Dado Prso was playing...

Rolland Courbis or Raymond Domenech?

Rolland Courbis! I met him when I was a godmother, its he who gave my my team jersey, with the number 10. My father and brother are fans of OM, and like Rolland Courbis, its Ajaccio and OM... I really see him as the French team's future coach. Domenech, he is cool but not more...

Mylene Farmer or Daniel Darc?

Daniel Darc wrote me two songs, I saw him in concert at the Plan a Ris-Orangis (1991), it was just great, but its thanks to Mylene Farmer that I am here today. Mylene made me play the role of a little lolita, a little perverse, I was aware of that. I wanted to go to something else.

Bonaparte or Sarkozy?

We'll say Bonaparte! Deep down Corsica... Many times, political parties have contacted me but I have always declined. I have my opinions and I keep them to myself.

Thierry Henry or David Trezeguet?

Go, Thierry Henry... He represents the new generation of soccer well (sic).

Bastia or Gazelec Ajaccio?

Oh no not that! I am a real fan of ACA. That said, my has played pro with Gazelec. I am going to say Bastia anyway. Because the stronger rivalry is Gazelec ACA.

Opel Corsa or Corsica Ferries?

Opel Corsa, it has nothing to do with Corsica. Hey, on my registration I don't have the EU flag, I have the Corsican flag, in blue.

Fraise Haribo or Quality Street?

What is Quality Street?

Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera?

Both! I arrived at almost the same time as them, we are almost from the same generation, but its not the same level! Americans aren't in the same game, its not the same!

Kaka or Messi?

Kaka? I don't know what that is. Messi, in any case, because my brother doesn't stop talking to me about him. Hey, anyway, if I was a fan of Basile Boli: I would have called my cat Basile Boli, with a blue and white collar...

CHERIF GHEMMOUR
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
2008-01-18 - Nos tendres années - #11
Afer five years of absence, Alizee releases her third album. Its very pop with some 80s sounds. Lyrics written by Jean Fauque (Bashung's songwriter), Daniel Darc or Oxmo Puccino and sung by this eternal sexy girl voice who has become this remade Alizee. A sound with synthesizers and beatboxes with a special mention for the title "Lily Town" which makes people think of The Cure.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
Alizee

After a few years of absence, the ex-Lolita makes a smashing return. At 23, without denying anything about her past, Alizee finally shows her real personality in "Psychedelices", an album that we aren't finished listening to... By Laurent Fialaix

An incredibly fast return

At the current time, Psychedelices has been released for fifteen days. Until then, I have only had good vibes and I feel pretty relieved. I wanted a disc that resembled me at 23 years old. Until now, I had the opportunity to meet Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat who have brought and taught me a lot. They have given me everything on a sliver platter; I sustained myself with this for four years. But, while growing up, I wanted to discover other things, to get out and meet other people. I stopped working with them in 2004, and then I had my daughter. Very quickly after her birth, I have started to work on this CD. In fact, I have never stopped making music.

Prestigious colloborations

When I thought about what this disc would become, I went to find authors and composers that I like (Daniel Darc, Bertrand Bergalat, Oxmo Puccino, Jean Fauque...) I believe that they were very surprised by the step I took. They must have thought that I wouldn't listen to them, that I was far from their world. I had to work also with Indochine. Alas, due to time, it didn't happen. With Jeremy [her husband, the father of her daughter, co-author and director of the CD, editor's note.] to work and to live together give great advantages: we understand each other immediately. The big difference between me and him is definitely not bothersome, because Jeremy prefers to produce, work in the studio, and stay in the shadows. To be in front of the cameras, he realized that it wasn't his cup of tea.

In the past

I started when I was 15. Musically, the world that I was working in was not the one that I listened to, but that didn't bother me because those were good songs. Certainly, one can feel a prisoner in a clip as big as Moi, Lolita. Not me. I am very proud of having a song that has moved people so much. That's not an opportunity that everyone can have! I have been criticized, at the time, for being an inaccesible personality. I must say I dealt well with that. I was a little bit nervous from all the things that were being thrown towards me. So, the distancing reassured me. I felt protected. I was able to live peacefully in Ajaccio, at my parent's house. I went to Paris three days of the week, and the rest of the time I was an adolescent like the others.

If you had to do it all over again?

I would do everything the same way. From A to Z. Before the release of the album, there was a lot of talk about a song in which I settled the score with Mylene. This song does not exist anywhere on the album or anywhere else for that matter. Mylene and I split on very good terms. There was neither a war nor a painful divorce. I don't have a score to settle with anybody. To the contrary, I am very grateful.

Alizee a mother

I know that I seem very young. Jeremy too. It has been frequently said that we look like two kids making kids... at the same time I have the impression of living this relationship with my daughter in a very close fashion. I have fun with her! I am a mother, I am living my passion... I am very happy!

Who are you, Alizee?

A young 23 year old girl who has had a lot of luck and continues to have it. A young girl, not a young woman. Definitely, being a mother gives you responsibilities, but its not for all that that I feel good in my shoes!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Anais posted article from

2008-02-06 - Est Republicain

I practically never stopped since my start in 2000, at 15 years old, Alizee confides.

Alizee after Mylene Farmer

Return after three years of absence for a lolita, freed from her cumbersome model, and who has grown up a lot.

Can we talk about a new story that is starting?

Seven years have passed since my start with "Moi, Lolita". I have learned a lot with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat and now I am trying to keep it going at my humble level. They were very perfectionist with everything and I tried to be the same way with this album. I am not a musician, so I went to look for composers that touched me through their creativity. To unite them posed a challenge because they come from different worlds.

Some time has passed since this recording and the last one!

When I stopped my tour in 2004, I practically had not stopped since my start in 2000 at the age of 15. Everything has gone by without stopping because some songs have gone abroad. And then, I really needed to take a break, to rest myself. I took time for myself, to spend time with my family, without forgetting to reflect on what happened.

Family
Between 15 and 20 years of age, a person becomes totally different.

We grow up above all! I have the impression, with this realisation, that I am not doing something totally opposite to what I did before. I am not here blonde, with super long hair, with jeans and a tee shirt. Everything is continuous and musically, it stays as tangy pop that is quite simply more demanding, with collaborations that move the project forward. So, effectively, I have evolved.

How did the separation between you and Mylene Farmer happen?

It was a bit like when we are 18 years old and we always live with our parents. We want to discover other things, meet other people and thats what happened. I explained myself to my producers, and they understood me very well. We separated on very, very good terms. I thanked them and I continue to do that because I am here thanks to them. They have allowed me to start a career selling millions of discs.

Lets stay in the family. Your husband Jeremy Chatelain has worked a lot on this album...

With others. The word "family" can be used because he is my husband. But there is no difference between him and the other collaborators: Frederic Lo, Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, etc. He wasn't one level above the others. Everybody brought their real personalities to it.

A people show has seen in "Idealiser" a song that settles the score with Mylene Farmer!

Its definitely not about her. Jean Fauque is a man of immense experience. When we are friends, he tells numerous anecdotes, from nine at night to 5am the next day. "Idealiser" refers to a young woman he knew in the 80s, who wasn't doing well and who comitted suicide.

Article by Jean-Paul GERMONVILLE