Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, they were pretty strict about keeping cameras out of those shows. Makes the quality if this all the more amazing!

The only other thing I have to add about the T@keo clips is that some were first posted in the Alizée World Online Magazine, since I think there was a little controversy about them being on the forum.

Also, would it be a major problem if I said Feb 7th is looking better for me than Jan 31st at the moment? JMS canceled his appearance at Comic Con, and I might have to make up for lost work this weekend. Sorry!

Last edited by Ben; 01-28-2009 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Of course bud, T@keo is Mexican. He posts on Alizee-Mexico, though he barely shows up. He has posted just 8 posts there, this is his profile there:
oscartakeo's profile
This is his thread about the video we will be watching on Saturday:
http://www.alizee-mexico.com.mx/foro...5152#msg355152

Heh, and his story about the recording of the concert is pretty interesting :

Yesterday, I took the biggest risk on my life...
To take with me my super video camera (15 cm large, 10 cm height, and 5cm wide) into the Auditorio Nacional, it was a high risk, indeed...
But finally, I got through the security and took my camera with me, and I could record the 98% of the concert in HD! If the security found people recording the concert, they broke the CD or memories they were using for recording it. I was very scared with the idea that if they ever found me, they had broken my new 4GB memory I just bought...
I even saw how the security guys broke other guys' memories just beside me =S and a crazy girl beside me was moving all the time and I couldnt record some scenes because of her.

and his profile on AF:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/member.php?u=13614

and it is pronounced TA(like TACOS)-KEO (like the pyramids named KEOPS)
Awesome, edgar. That's exactly what I was looking for. Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Cool info, thanks mate.
How is that torrent going by the way? I realized I'm the only one seeding it and with my poor 0.50 mbit upstream line this is a very slow process. Hope you already got it down.
Ack, I didn't realize. I'll start seeding it right again now. No foolin', but I had to stop for awhile after I received a not-so-friendly email from my ISP threatening to cut me off, and at the time there still were plenty of seeds. I should have it up and running again in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Yeah, they were pretty strict about keeping cameras out of those shows. Makes the quality if this all the more amazing!

The only other thing I have to add about the T@keo clips is that some were first posted in the Alizée World Online Magazine, since I think there was a little controversy about them being on the forum.
Cool, I'll be sure to check that out as well. Thanks!

Quote:
Also, would it be a major problem if I said Feb 7th is looking better for me than Jan 31st at the moment? JMS canceled his appearance at Comic Con, and I might have to make up for lost work this weekend. Sorry!
Ack!

Actually, it's OK by me (and may in fact wind up working out better). I did just pick up some overtime for the morning of the 7th (for reasons to be explained later), but I ought to be home in plenty of time for a 4PM EST/1PM PST start time.

How about it, guys? What do the rest of you say?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I may possibly be gone the whole weekend of the 7th. But, I don't know right now except that this Saturday still looks good. I'll do it when ever you guys want if I happen to be avilable.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-29-2009, 12:47 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Cool info, thanks mate.
How is that torrent going by the way? I realized I'm the only one seeding it and with my poor 0.50 mbit upstream line this is a very slow process. Hope you already got it down.
I already got it bud, It took over a week but now I got it. Thanks again Ruro !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Wow. That is a risk. I'm not exactly sure why they don't want recording though. If it's because they would rather people wait to see a good professionaly developed video of it, well, ok. I can kind of understand that. But if that never happens? And maybe also so people will really want to actually go because it's their only chance to see Alizée, well, that too. But I don't know. Does it not just generally increase the buzz surounding her to have something to watch? It is annoying to have everyone in the world holding their stupid camera in the way during the concert. Maybe that's why. hmm

thanks for the details Edgar
Well, I dont know how it use to work in the states, but in Mexico the security at concerts and any kind of event is very strict, and they never allow video cameras inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Awesome, edgar. That's exactly what I was looking for. Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Actually, it's OK by me (and may in fact wind up working out better). I did just pick up some overtime for the morning of the 7th (for reasons to be explained later), but I ought to be home in plenty of time for a 4PM EST/1PM PST start time.

How about it, guys? What do the rest of you say?
Well, I think that we no one should miss this chat (obviously), why?, because some of you were there, such as Ben, Roman, Lowbeam, RCS, Amigo, etc, and it must be a cool experience to discuss a concert you actually attended.
I can be there any day, so for me is OK.

And you are welcome everyone! Helping out with the spanish is my dutty, and the only way I can contribute here

Last edited by edgar93; 01-29-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

So not a whole lot of people have replied about the date/time change...and some don't even appear to have been on the forums since the possible change was brought up...so this is what I'm thinking we'll do:

I intend to go forward as planned tomorrow afternoon (Sat Jan 31) at 3pm. I'll be on Vent starting at around 2:30, and whoever wants to join me is welcome. We'll watch and record as planned.

Then next Saturday (Feb 7th), we'll do it again, even if it's only me and Ben who show up. I'll record that one as well, then do my best to mash the two up into some kind of mutant uber-track as best I can by intercutting between them. Or heck, we'll just release them as Commentary A and Commentary B, whichever works better.

If anybody needs assistance with downloading and setting up Ventrilo, you can find a whole bunch of info in the first post of the En Concert commentary thread, including a tutorial video that walks you through it step by step.

Also, a reminder to everybody courtesy of Jung that the Vent server info has changed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798
Remember, if you have any questions, problems or concerns, you can always PM me here, or jump into the chat on the Vent server, and we'll do our best to walk you through it!

Oh, and as with the last chat, a few guidelines for tomorrow, if you don't mind:

1) Let's try and keep the language PG, if we could please. 'Damn' and 'crap' are probably alright, but nothing stronger if we can avoid it, OK? No F-bombs, please.

2) Everyone's opinion is valid. It's perfectly OK to disagree and debate--I'm honestly counting on at least a little friendly debate tomorrow--but please remember we're all friends, and this is supposed to be fun.

3) As a follow-up to number 2, please don't slam other people unnecessarily. This is not a vehicle to air your grievances about others. Especially people who aren't participating. Really especially for people who aren't even members of AAm. This applies specifically to people whose names start with 'Ice' and end with 'guru'. I don't even want to hear the name mentioned, please. Thank you.

4) An addendum to number 3, but important enough to warrent its own number: no slamming of the J-man, please. I get that some people don't like him, that's cool, but I think he's an alright bloke...and apparently, so does Lili. Let's keep it light and friendly, OK?

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the last-minute confusion about the date and time. We'll do better for the next one, promise!

Can't wait to see everybody there!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I'll try to be on tomorrow. I won't be at work, but I'll have just gotten home from a 16 hour work shift.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
I'll try to be on tomorrow. I won't be at work, but I'll have just gotten home from a 16 hour work shift.
Ugh, I feel your pain, man. I did one of those yesterday.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll have just gotten home from a 16 hour work shift.
caffeine is good peeps

Sugar too .... Eh, until you crash
Old 01-31-2009, 12:38 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'll call RCS tomorrow. I should have contacted him sooner. He should be here and more people who were there. When Alizée says "Wow!" I always think of Ron cause I know he really liked that.
And yes, it will suck to not have Ben. He's always really good about this kind of stuff: having intelligent things to say.
But if it must be done twice... so be it.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

If I gotta use a Microphone I cant Mic broke...... n/e ways what do I do?