Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But how to get in. I walked all around it and every door was locked tight. The spiral stairs were blocked and it looked like the doors they led to were locked too. Well I did what Clint Eastwood would do in such a situation and I improvised. I found a wooden crate, a few boards still barely holding together that formed a few steps and a metal fence who's wires wouldn't support my full wieght, but helped bare some of it. So I made it in and it was awesome. A lareg part of that was because I wasn't supposed to be in. Well I took about 300 pictures and videos. I'll be posting some when I have more time. But here's a few where I found where it looked like Alizee left her mark when she set her hand on the bottom of the window.
Thanks for the story and photos, Scruffy. Just be careful and don't do anything that would get you deported and blacklisted in France. I believe since they have a one-visa policy, if you get blacklisted in one country that is part of EU, you'd be blacklisted in all of them. I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen.

The French police and the French are very nice and wonderful people, especially to tourists. I had an encounter with their police before (I made a wrong turn in Paris) and they didn't give me a hard time. Just in case: be ready to explain why you're there, show them a picture or video of ACC and hope they're not Mylene fans. Other than that, thanks again for sharing your wonderful experience with us.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I was reading the first few pages of the thread when I came across this. You posted after showing pics you found with the tracks. Were the tracks still there Scruffy?
I couldn't see any signs of tracks.

Here's a video of me when I first drove up to the building. Sorry the camera was shaking so much. The road was in rough shape, or maybe it was just me shaking knowing the awesominity of where I was headed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMJLgjkUhRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-23-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Eh, there weren't that many "NO TRESSPASSING" signs haha

Man...that video shows just how enormous that building is!!!

Great video Scruff and that road did look REALLY ROUGH haha

Edit:

Stay safe

Last edited by User22; 10-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There were some signs posted on the fence out front, but they didn't look like no trespassing signs. When I get back I'll post a picture. It was easy to get onto the grounds, just to the right of the fence was kind of a path worn through the bushes. Getting into the building was another story.......................no pun intended.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There were some signs posted on the fence out front, but they didn't look like no trespassing signs. When I get back I'll post a picture. It was easy to get onto the grounds, just to the right of the fence was kind of a path worn through the bushes. Getting into the building was another story.......................no pun intended.

You'll be honored of a "Dirty Harry" Award honoris causa.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yep... gettting into the building really was another story!... LOL! ...

by the way.. that is exactly how I drive to work everyday... jammin' to Alizée while passing cars on the right... lol....

Old 10-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

This is easily my favorite thread on this forum right now. Can't wait to see more pics.

Finding the handprint of Alizee in the dust is like finding the Shroud of Turin... except Alizee is.... alive.

Scruffy, you are my favorite Alizee fan. You are absolutely insane, in a wonderful way.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
This is easily my favorite thread on this forum right now. Can't wait to see more pics.

Finding the handprint of Alizee in the dust is like finding the Shroud of Turin... except Alizee is.... alive.

Scruffy, you are my favorite Alizee fan. You are absolutely insane, in a wonderful way.
Awesome post right there

I can't wait for more pics too
Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm absolutely positive those marks were left by her. There really is no reason for someone to go up to the window like that. The wide open doorway is just to the right.
I think you are absolutely right. When was that video filmed? Sometime in the summer of 2003? (I figure that because she had the En Concert hair and the weather looked nice) So EIGHT YEARS later, you found the handprint, waiting all that time. Gives me shivers! (Hey it's Halloween!)

Quote:
One thing I want to add, is a lot of us were worried that this building my be rehabbed and turned into offices or condos or what ever and there is absolutely no sign of that going on. I guess they hoped that would be the case when they redid the outside, but apparently nothing happened. If they rehabbed the inside, that would be the last time any fan of hers would ever gain access like this and even if they did, it would never look the same. The best part of them redoing the outside is it probably keeps a lot of the locals from complaining about the building, thus extending it's existing conditions life and that's exactly what we want.
Yes, it still available to be saved as a shrine and meeting place for the cult. Thanks again for sharing this with us all. This is easily the coolest urban exploration I've ever seen... the 8 year old handprint of the Goddess simply puts it over the top.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

I worked like mediaeval and roman archeologist in Italy, and I can say this is a very exciting treasure and finding..hope to see it soon..