Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The FunTV files I have are called:
Alizée - 2003-06-03 - Interview - Une Heure Avec Alizée - Fun TV Part 1.m2v
and the same with part 2 along with .srt files that contain the text of the translation. This may be named something a little different on someone else's machine. Anyway, here are threads to download stuff like that:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...light=download
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...light=download
Tried to download the files from the list on AF, and while the video quality was very good, it had no sound or subtitles! For simplicity's sake, if you have a version (with subtitles) that you'd like us to use, could you please upload it somewhere so we're all on the same page? Thanks!

Once we've figured out which files we're using, and from where, I'll start up a thread for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoepick View Post
I think we should do an En Concert redux. Not for a podcast, but for fun since some of us missed the first one.
Definitely a possibility--and probably even a necessity at some point--but I'd like to get through more stuff we haven't covered before we start doubling back.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Tried to download the files from the list on AF, and while the video quality was very good, it had no sound or subtitles! For simplicity's sake, if you have a version (with subtitles) that you'd like us to use, could you please upload it somewhere so we're all on the same page? Thanks!

Once we've figured out which files we're using, and from where, I'll start up a thread for this one.

Definitely a possibility--and probably even a necessity at some point--but I'd like to get through more stuff we haven't covered before we start doubling back.
Oh wow. You know what, I wasn't even paying attention to it, but the files work perfectly well in Media Player Classic, but not even in VLC. So... I'm not sure what to do about that except to tell people to get Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 already. I also have the Vista Codec package 4.7.0 from Shark007. I don't know if that makes any difference. Yes, unfortunately I have found it necessary to have Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and VLC and still I may have some videos that don't quite play right.

Alizée - 2003-06-03 - TV Feature - Une Heure Avec Alizée - Fun TV Part 1 (by John Doe).m2v - 461.5 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40SGDNRI (uploaded by smbrtbhttchrj)

Alizée - 2003-06-03 - TV Feature - Une Heure Avec Alizée - Fun TV Part 2 (by John Doe).m2v - 562.4 MB
http://up-file.com/download/cb81a653...art-2.zip.html

Those are the files that I have. Though, I'm not sure what happened to the subtitles as the megaupload links for those seem to only have the m2v file. So, here is a zip of both subtitle files. Just name each the same as the video file it is supposed to go with (except for the .srt extention instead of the video file extension of course) and put it in the same directory and it will automatically work with the file.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDQGJD93

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-18-2009 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Maybe some other time we can have special assignments like, find out something about Corsica and make a report. We could speculate on how being Corsican or particularly Ajaccian has shaped Alizée's life in a unique way, or at least bring up some history of her birth place. Ok, we all know about Napoléon Bonaparte, but what else?

Merci Fanny
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM

deanej is on a distinguished road

Sounds like an interesting topic.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Maybe some other time we can have special assignments like, find out something about Corsica and make a report. We could speculate on how being Corsican or particularly Ajaccian has shaped Alizée's life in a unique way, or at least bring up some history of her birth place. Ok, we all know about Napoléon Bonaparte, but what else?
Hmm, that's a really good idea, actually. Are you volunteering? It'd be nice to have Ben on for that one, too, seeing as how he's actually been.

I was already thinking of going off on a few tangents similar to this--discussing Lolita, for example (since so many of you surprised me by having read the book) and tying it back to Lili's breakout hit.

I've also just started reading French or Foe? on the recommendation of aw (who runs the Alizée Nation blog). It's an interesting look into the cultural differences between Americans and the French, which could lead to an interesting discussion.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Hmm, that's a really good idea, actually. Are you volunteering? It'd be nice to have Ben on for that one, too, seeing as how he's actually been.

I was already thinking of going off on a few tangents similar to this--discussing Lolita, for example (since so many of you surprised me by having read the book) and tying it back to Lili's breakout hit.

I've also just started reading French or Foe? on the recommendation of aw (who runs the Alizée Nation blog). It's an interesting look into the cultural differences between Americans and the French, which could lead to an interesting discussion.
Volunteering? Yes. It looks like it's not going to be for another couple of sessions; so, I will add Corsica research to my list of things to do in case we agree sometime to do that subject. Maybe this will turn into a nice "The world according to Alizée". But yes, if we do Corsica, we must have Ben.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

What did Ben do in Corsica???
Or maybe that's what he's suppose to tell us..

Nice idea although, as Corsica obviously played a big role in Alizées up-bringing and life, I think one could learn alot about her from this. However, I don't know how many people on this forum would like to spend their time doing home work, even if it's connected to Alizée.

Maybe we should stick to 'material related' chat's for awhile.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
However, I don't know how many people on this forum would like to spend their time doing home work, even if it's connected to Alizée.
Tsk. Slackers!

Quote:
Maybe we should stick to 'material related' chat's for awhile.
Only problem there is that we're eventually gonna run out of material! C'mooooonn fourth album!

...which reminds me, I need to get off my duff and order Les Enfoires 2008 & 2009 if we're gonna do those eventually.