Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
But that's the wonder of Variété Française... It's so... Variété!
for those who listened to jeremy's variete francaise album, is it sort of like lili's in that it explores various styles of music? was he trying to implement what he was doing with his album on lili's?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
for those who listened to jeremy's variete francaise album, is it sort of like lili's in that it explores various styles of music? was he trying to implement what he was doing with his album on lili's?
I've personally never listened to any of his music, but now that you say this, it's entirely possible. Though I'm sure she made that decision since it's her album, she undoubtedly appreciated what her husband had done and wanted to inject some aspects of it into her own work. It's also a way to show her appreciation to him, I guess.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I haven't listened to Psychédélices yet so I can't compare, but yes Jérémy's last album had a lot of, um, variety. It's also really, really good.

"My next album is called "Variétés françaises" (French variety), a little nose-thumbing at the amalgam that people create with all styles of music. When you come from "Star Ac," you know how that works. Now, I no longer want to disguise my music to follow a certain trend. "Variété" means varied, mixing lots of influences, not just a pejorative expression."