Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road
Default Will you tell THEM about HER?

If you have kids some time down the road, will you introduce them to Alizée? If so, how will you go about doing it? My parents have often tried to tell me about something that changed their lives (a band, a discovery, anything really), and I almost always experience a feeling of great indifference - mostly because I cannot relate to what they are speaking so passionately about. But this is different, right? Because the world may change, but there are two things that I know are timeless: great music and beauty (both of which can be ascribed to Lili ).

If you already have kids, this topic does not exclude you by any means, and your input would be much appreciated.

I thought a thread that was more "real-world" would be interesting, especially in light of the recent surge of interesting, but decidedly random, topics. It was either this, or "if Alizée were a vegetable, which one would she be ?"
Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Depends on how you prepare it. Raw, I'd imagine that she would be a carrot stick. Perhaps a cucumber with salt and a dangerous level of pepper. Cooked, she'd have to be butter with a potato underneath.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 PM

BlackAdder is on a distinguished road

I did introduce my son to Alizee last year. We both play WOW and when I found out who she was and started listening to her, I had to share it with him. When I bought the ablums, I let him put them on his iPOD so he could listen when he wanted. He appreciates the music, just not as much as I do. Oh well...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

I guess..I'd just get a conversation about music going, get into foreign music somehow. Then explode with Liliness :P I probably couldn't hold back on how awesome she is and how she filled my early life with many happy memories xD
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 PM

johntheswan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
We both play WOW
What server you on?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

If I had kids I would tell them simply because she is a good role model. If I had a daughter I'd hope she would look up to Alizée.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
If I had kids I would tell them simply because she is a good role model. If I had a daughter I'd hope she would look up to Alizée.
I was thinking the same thing, WORD FOR WORD. Man, are you psychic or something?

Think about the kinds of trash young girls are exposed to nowadays. I've ALWAYS thought about having a daughter but I worry so much about her becoming a skank. Nothing would please me more than for her to turn out to have Lili type qualities and characteristics. I would be so proud of her.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:03 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

I have two adult daughters, they both know about my Alizée addiction. I gave the youngest Alizée's latest CD after she requested. She likes the faster songs - MJ, 50/60. Lilly Town, etc. and still listens to them. The oldest is not interested at all. I've been a fan for about 2 years and I've learned to take others disinterest in stride, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

They both think Dad's a little bit crazy to fly to Mexico and Paris to see some French singer nobody's heard of but they know how much she means to me and how happy I was on my return from Mexico. So they don't understand but they accept my insanity.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
So they don't understand but they accept my insanity.
Wait! So you're crazy?? Ah, I don't care! See ya in Paris!

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well I have a theory that you end up liking the music that is the polar opposite to what you first hear.

Growing up, I lived so heavily amongst a cheesy techno/urban/hip-hop crazed group of citizens. I, used to like it at first, but I knew my true calling at age 7, I could feel the great Majesty take over my body and expose me to the music of realms outside of my own.

I don't know if this musical theory is particularly true, but I would like to substitute Baby lullabies with J'en ai Marre and send them to sleep with L'effet or Cœur Déjà Pris.