Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-25-2014, 04:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

A couple of years back, I was worried that my fandomness might be wearing off.I mostly listen to music when I'm driving. In the summer, quite often, I go down to Cape Cod to go fishing with my brother. It's about a 2 hour drive each way. In the past, I would listen to nothing but her, but two years ago, I found I would only listen to her music one time around, then I'd listen to other songs.

I think most of you know I work for an airline. I'm able to get passes for certain family members, but they have to fly stand by. I got some passes for my sister and her husband. They wanted to fly down to El Paso this past wednesday. Well with school vacation in this state this month and the marathon taking place, all the flights were full, so I decided to drive them down to NY where the flights looked fine.

It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I feel they really don't like listening to her music, so I brought along some cds I had made in years past. Knowing what they like, I brought some oldies, country and soft rock. After a while, even though I'm sure my sister doesn't like listening to her music, my sister insisted I put some of her music on. I think she mainly did it because she knows I wanted to listen to it and she did it because of what I was doing for her. So we listened to her for quite a while and I explained a lot of the lyrics to her, but after the cycle had run through, I put on some other music I thought they'd rather listen to.

On the way back, I decided to continue listening to some of the other cds. Well I found myself doing the same thing I've done in the past when ever I listen to music other than Alizee. After about 7 or 8 songs, I found I would listen to a song for a while, then at some point, I'd say that's enough of that and I'd fast forward to the next song. With each song that followed, the time I'd listen to it grew less and less. Keep in mind these were my favorites from over the years. Soon I was fast forwarding after a song had hardly begun to play and it was obvious to myself what I was doing. I was trying to get to the end of the cd, so I could put you know who back on. So after 7 years, thank goodness the fever is still strong.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-25-2014 at 04:32 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Dave,
Your description above of listening to the CD's and not being able to listen to songs all the way through is how I felt listening to most music today. I have actually been this way for over 15 years. There were times when aside from having to play songs at work in the band, I would not listen to anything.

Then, a friend of mine in Europe told me about Alizée. My wife tolerates me listening to her, but on long trips, she does remember to bring several Alizée CD's with us, even without me asking. WTF, I don't complain about the stuff my wife listens too, and I know she knows this.

I just wanted you to know that I understand what you are going through.
Stephen
Old 04-25-2014, 04:14 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

I guess I don't have that problem with listening to Alizée's CDs only. I got 4 other, equally "top" singers so it appears more various anyway. Plus, I'm generally open to new music (unless it's some Rihanna-like shit), discovering is kinda my hobby so I always try to check out unknown stuff.
About playing music in car - actually, my dad ALWAYS chooses "Gourmandises" if not turning on the radio.

Generally, I do not find myself an obsessive fan or what. I do love quite a lot most of her works and her public persona but never have I had a crush on her or something like this.
The Round belong

Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I listen to her earlier stuff more than anything else but MCE is the CD I always find myself listening to the most.

Should I know why
I'm in love with you
Should I justify
Out of the blue

I'm the Rubberbandman with the rubberman touch
Out of the blue, love is such
Rubberband man with the rubberband pack
You're the one, you'll get me back on track

Should I know why
I'm in love with you
Should I justify
Out of the blue

Everybody told me what they shouldn't do
I haven't got the problem
Haven't got the clue
I'm doing what I'm feeling and I'm doing fine
The Rubberbandman, I don't mind

Should I know why
I'm in love with you
Should I justify
Out of the blue

I got the Rubberband dance
It's chewin' the fat
Cause I'm the Rubberbandman
Out of the can
Hoping when I see you I'm back on by
The Rubberbandman doin' fine

Should I know why
I'm in love with you
Should I justify
Out of the blue

The filthy woman tells me what I shouldn't do
I'm jumping in my can, out of the blue
I haven't got the problem living in the can
I'm doing alright, I'm the Rubberbandman

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 04-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Changed album to CD.

Tags
fan experiences