Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

From my experience, animals have just as much a variety of personalities as people do, within the confines of the general traits of any given species. So to draw conclusions about a whole species based on the personality of one or two individuals is probably a mistake. Having said that, there is obviously a big difference between dogs and cats in general.

I grew up with dogs, but since then I have had a few cats. Personally, I like both. But my current cat can be a real pain sometimes. She likes walking on my keyboard and messing my computer up. She walks on my mixer when I'm recording, pushing buttons and has frequently ruined recordings. But she is a very friendly, warm and loving cat. Taking a pet into your home is like any other relationship. It's a commitment and you have to take the good with the bad. In my experience, the good usually outweighs the bad.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road

How dare you guys have a conversation that relates to animals without moi-san?

Since I did not take the time to read 10 pages of this thread, I will just skip ahead to my own "opinion" which is somewhat similar to Lefty's.

Equality is everthing to us humans. We see ourselves as the awesomest and therefore we don't see ourselves as animals. This is completely false in all aspects of logical ethics. Balance is the key to the universe, and to claim something is better than another for a couple of differences is not how it should be because it is still something that existed in the first place.

I've grown up with canines as a small calculator, and now that I'm a Mac, I've had at least one cat since then. I grew fonder to that one cat becuase I felt I had connections to it and cats as a whole. I'm a cat person is what I'm trying to say.

I have no idea what I said in the 3rd paragraph but yeah, there was never a fight to begin with. Damn conspiracy freaks starting this whole debate about a couple of domesticated animals, Ima slap 'em just for doing that.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Not to mention the fact that my cat always greets me at my door, but she does so calmly and lovingly, not by jumping all over me, barking, scratching, and generally being a nuisance.
From a pre-vet focus, that is entirely your fault(not in a bad way. ). You can simply teach the dog that eagerly bounding out and jumping on people isn't the only way to show friendliness. Dogs can be easily and very simply trained to greet people by simple sitting down and waiting to be petted.

Also, based on my experiences from when I worked as a vet tech, cats are just more picky and harder to deal with. The only problems I've had from working with dogs were a couple who were fear biters, but with cats.. nearly all of them were just angry hissing scratching demonic fur balls.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Good to have you back, buddy.

"So many cats in the world, not enough recipes" - Proverb of Normal People
Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ysKAVyXi0J4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just sayin'.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ysKAVyXi0J4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just sayin'.
/thread...
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Just in case that isn't enough:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xtElp-i8TsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

v.s.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yhA_TTKetyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really want a wolf dog...
Old 12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

"So many cats in the world, not enough recipes" - Proverb of Normal People
At first, I:

Then, I:

Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road

And here I am thinking that I ended the conversation at a positive note. I guess this age-old question will survive well into the future.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
From a pre-vet focus, that is entirely your fault(not in a bad way. ). You can simply teach the dog that eagerly bounding out and jumping on people isn't the only way to show friendliness. Dogs can be easily and very simply trained to greet people by simple sitting down and waiting to be petted.
Bahahaha. Yep, my mom's dog has no discipline whatsoever.

There's another plus for cats, they need no training beyond your basic "do your business outside" business (on that note, I've witnessed my boyfriend's puppy pee on his bed no less than three times in two months despite diligent training). Perfect low-maintenance pets.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée