Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

It's easy to monday quarterback after the fact isn't it Deepwaters? lol
Old 10-07-2007, 03:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Deepwaters started this off with interesting theories, however I agree with what Ed, heyamigo, and snatcher are saying. They have each expressed a portion of my thoughts.

All that remains is:
Jeremy (personal feelings aside) is more than her songwriter. She is married to him. If their marriage is really working well, than they are likely working as a team, each bringing their knowledge and experience into the mix, and making many decisions together. Just as MF and LB are a team to some extent, these 2 are likely operating as a team. As they are both very bright, as a team they will avoid errors that Alize operating alone might not. The net result can be better choices, especially if each knows when to defer to the other's judgment. (and I believe they do).

Alizée was incredibly lucky to have been picked by MF. I am not a fan of MF, however I do realize the benefit of working with the best. MF was very astute to pick someone like Alizée. MF very carefully mentored her every step of the way, and showed her how to become a success in the business.

Now it is up to Alizée to demonstrate that she learned the lessons well. I for one believe that she did (as I believe her to be an incredibly quick study), and that, as cream rises to the top, so will she. Her natural ability as a performer will then keep her on top. Alizée has been shown the path, and I believe she will get on top and stay on top (as long as it is important to her that she be there).

She has now remade herself once. Just like her idol (Madonna), I believe she will remake herself a few more times during her career, always keeping herself trendy.

The net result will be boundless success ...

and I couldn't be happier for her.

By the way, her "instrument" is her body, and in my opinion, that is the only instrument she ever needs to learn (as she plays it so well).

I look forward to many many years of hearing and seeing her perform.

Last edited by Rev; 10-07-2007 at 03:10 AM..
Old 10-07-2007, 08:59 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
By the way, her "instrument" is her body, and in my opinion, that is the only instrument she ever needs to learn (as she plays it so well).
Well said, as Alizée will always be more of a dancer than a singer.

I mean that even for this cycle. I have complete faith that she will dance for us as much as she used to.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Deepwaters started this off with interesting theories, however I agree with what Ed, heyamigo, and snatcher are saying. They have each expressed a portion of my thoughts.

All that remains is:
Jeremy (personal feelings aside) is more than her songwriter. She is married to him. If their marriage is really working well, than they are likely working as a team, each bringing their knowledge and experience into the mix, and making many decisions together. Just as MF and LB are a team to some extent, these 2 are likely operating as a team. As they are both very bright, as a team they will avoid errors that Alize operating alone might not. The net result can be better choices, especially if each knows when to defer to the other's judgment. (and I believe they do).

Alizée was incredibly lucky to have been picked by MF. I am not a fan of MF, however I do realize the benefit of working with the best. MF was very astute to pick someone like Alizée. MF very carefully mentored her every step of the way, and showed her how to become a success in the business.

Now it is up to Alizée to demonstrate that she learned the lessons well. I for one believe that she did (as I believe her to be an incredibly quick study), and that, as cream rises to the top, so will she. Her natural ability as a performer will then keep her on top. Alizée has been shown the path, and I believe she will get on top and stay on top (as long as it is important to her that she be there).

She has now remade herself once. Just like her idol (Madonna), I believe she will remake herself a few more times during her career, always keeping herself trendy.

The net result will be boundless success ...

and I couldn't be happier for her.

I look forward to many many years of hearing and seeing her perform.
Very well said.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jeremy (personal feelings aside) is more than her songwriter. She is married to him.
I have somehow failed to get across what I was saying.

Yes, she's married to him, yes, they make decisions together (I assume), but he doesn't make her decisions for her, but she isn't under his thumb, but she isn't a puppet with an empty mind being moved around by someone else, either Mylène or Jérémy.

That is exactly what I meant, that is all I meant, everything I said was meant to express the above, and any statements in response that don't address the above are not addressing what I said. Or meant to say.

Quote:
All of this is true. But although it is a role that Mylène filled very well, there are others who could also have done it. Not just anyone (I could not have), but there are others. And while it is conceivable that Mylène could have found someone else who was also talented and achieved a measure of success with that person, I do not believe she could have created the phenomenon that was (and is) Alizée, except with Alizée.

A lot of Mylène's own success isn't due to her songwriting or Laurent's or her business savvy, but to her own performing talent. Watch her videos, she has a very good voice and her charisma and stage presence are amazing.

Although Alizée's style is very different from Mylène's, she has the same magic in a different flavor. And without that, Mylène could not have achieved with her the amazing success that she did.

Alizée is not an empty vessel into which Mylène poured herself. That's really all I'm saying here.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Deepwaters;68992]I have somehow failed to get across what I was saying.

Alizée is not an empty vessel into which Mylène poured herself. That's really all I'm saying here.[/QUOTE]

Well why didn't you say so in the first place?!?

I love tweaking the "dragons" tail!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Well why didn't you say so in the first place?!?

I thought I did.

I'm supposed to be good with words, too.

Quote:
I love tweaking the "dragons" tail!
Heh. I recently posted a new poem, Hymn to the Dragon Spirit, on my MySpace. It has nothing to do with Alizée, which is why I didn't share it here, but anyone who wants to check it out feel free to drop by. Or I could post it in the OT section if anyone's interested. I think it expresses well why I use that image.

Tweak my tail all you like, but treat Her Grace well or it's your ass.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

Heh. I recently posted a new poem, Hymn to the Dragon Spirit, on my MySpace. It has nothing to do with Alizée, which is why I didn't share it here, but anyone who wants to check it out feel free to drop by. Or I could post it in the OT section if anyone's interested. I think it expresses well why I use that image.

It's definitely worth posting in the OT section, Deep. Perhaps you could create a poetry thread (if there isn't one already).

Quote:
Tweak my tail all you like, but treat Her Grace well or it's your ass.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.