Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

It all comes back to Alizee and if she even wants to perform. She does not even perform concerts in her own country in her own language. If you don't even do that in your own home town, then I say the chances of her doing it anywhere else are very slim.

I will use Yelle for an example. She performs in her home town at little clubs almost every month. She does that to get the practice. She then comes to the US and does about 30 shows. All her songs are in French and not 1 English song. People still go to the concerts to hear French music. Some of the clubs she plays, like the one in Florida had about 100 people at the show, others have thousands. She performs to perform, it does not matter the size, its more about loving what she does. So for Katy Perry to make her an opening act shows that she people dont really care if it is French or in English. People are willing to listen to French music just to get a new experience.

I told Melissa Mars I will book a concert in Florida and she was willing to try it to just perform once in the US. It turns out that no one there really knew who she was, but they saw the posters around town and was the word "French" and wanted to try something different. Well she came and performed, but she performed the songs in English...the funny thing is people started yelling they want to hear her sing in French...so mid song, she changed to singing in French.

I think Alizee just needs to get out there and perform...whether its in France, Mexico or the US, you have to build a following by hitting the road and going from town to town to let people experience your music and to see what they are missing.

So these "Sharks" in the waters are everywhere...you just gotta know where to swim and how to swim around them.

I just think she wants the label "Artist" but really does not do anything to earn that title. That's fine if she does not want to perform. I get that, but there is a lot of "Artists" that do a lot more who deserve that title who write, play and perform there own song weekly for people. I think one of the problems is that it was all handed to her. MF, Jeremy, Chateau Marmont, Jean-Jacques Goldman, BB Brunes...all helped her, but doing things one your own and no one helping you, is another thing.

Last edited by Mon Maquis; 07-06-2013 at 09:34 AM..