Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjoo View Post
Cause you have to wait few weeks for it to be delivered.
gotcha. just to be safe(since they might raid your house), I would wait.jkjkjk man. whatever you do is your business
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjoo View Post
Can't you just buy the physical CD and then "pirate" it? You own the CD, I don't see why it would be illegal to download it?
Even if you wanted it on iTunes and couldn't get AND for some reason couldn't buy it Physically, I wouldn't buy the pirated version or the torrent version or the MP3Raid version or the MP352 version or the street version or the megatorrent version...ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
ok but why would you download it if you bought the physical CD???
Exactly.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Even if you wanted it on iTunes and couldn't get AND for some reason couldn't buy it Physically, I wouldn't buy the pirated version or the torrent version or the MP3Raid version or the MP352 version or the street version or the megatorrent version...ETC.

Exactly.
and just wondering....do they actually catch you doing this stuff anyway(i.e. house raids, fines, etc.)???
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Alizéeist Fanatic

Pjoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
gotcha. just to be safe(since they might raid your house), I would wait.jkjkjk man. whatever you do is your business
I don't think it is illegal to download it if you own it. Atleast you are allowed to create digital copy of computer program if you own the rights to use that program(aka. have bought it), which is essential for the use. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to posess digital copies of music, assuming you own the physical CD, even though you might not have it physically.
Then again, Im only using my brains. Im not a lawyer, I have no idea what the law actually says, don't take my word for it. I just assume the law is somehow reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post

Exactly.
I thought the point of pirating was that you don't have to pay.
And just to be clear, living in forest like I do, buying physical cd = ordering one. Ordering one from say, anywhere, might take well over 2 weeks, and I am rather impatient person.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
That's not entirely accurate. Psych is available on the France and Mexico versions of iTunes, just not on the US (and Canada) versions.

And the reason has nothing to do with Alizee or Mylene or Laurent's preferences. It has to do with the fact that Psych was never released in the US (Alizee does not have a record deal in the US).
What?

I didn't realize that there were different versions of iTunes... I thought it was all the same stuff, just translated...

I can understand the lack of an American deal... as long as I can get my fix from amazon.fr or Alizée direct, I really don't give a flying *Censored for the benefit of the wide age group that the Alizée American members fill*
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

The legality/illegality of piracy (of course it's illegal) is beside the point. The point is that it happens, and really there is no way that the record companies can forcibly stop it from happening. If the customer wants to have it for free, they can and will. So the only protection either the record company or the artist has is to make it so the customer doesn't want to at least most of the time.

Why would anyone pay for music they can get for free? Because it's the right thing to do, and believe it or not people ARE motivated by that. But only up to a point. The harder and more inconvenient and expensive it is to download the music legitimately and pay for it, the more people will be tempted to go the piracy route. So in order to keep that to a minimum, it's in the record company's and the artist's best interest to keep the price low and the convenience high.

But do these idiots get that? No, they don't.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

just sent in to itunes/apple about why they should add everything Alizee to the US itunes store
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
just sent in to itunes/apple about why they should add everything Alizee to the US itunes store
I owe my life to you....hey Jalen can you pass the mustard???
Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Alright keep bombing iTunes with the requests. If we want her noticed here iTunes is a good start!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackanthem View Post
alright keep bombing itunes with the requests. If we want her noticed here itunes is a good start!
yes my furher!!! Ahhh les collines is the best song since.....ahhhh its soooo amazing!!!!!

Tags
apple, itunes