Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default Why not make it simpler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Yes it looks like Alizee knows about this.

Now we have to come up with a response.

I'll stick to the plan of delivering a message on wednesday, but this time it wont be to the foundation, but to AO.
I'm pretty new here, and I don't want to insult anyone powerful and get booted out. So please indulge my school-of-hard-knocks skepticism. It seems that the Internet often makes identity theft and other types of fraud all too simple.

The other month we read about Sony's Playstation network accounts getting cracked. Within the last week, many media news outlets ran a story about how IQ tests show that Internet Explorer 6 users are dumber than people who use other browsers. Then the story gets retracted as a hoax a few days later. Some few years back even the BBC was fooled for hours on end by a prank in which it was claimed Dow was making amends for the Bhopal disaster in India.

There appears to be a sick boy named Jean-Baptiste, the son of Le Piano restaurateur Toinou Renucci, and an effort to help pay his medical bills. Alizée Jacotey has used her Facebook credentials and personal reputation to endorse the authenticity and worthiness of this effort. Facebook may be a bit creepy, but so far no one has accused it of helping to fake the identity of celebrity accounts. So let's accept Alizée's Facebook effort as credibly genuine.

What I want to know is, if Alizée supposedly wrote you there is a PayPal account by which one can make donations to the Jean-Baptiste charity, why can't she simply make a Facebook post naming it? Then nobody has to trust what Mr. Scruffydog777 or anybody else at Alizée America is writing.

If you guys REALLY have been contacted by Alizée, and plan to reply back, please do ask her to name the PayPal account for the charity AT HER FACEBOOK SITE. I think lots of people, both readers of Alizée America and other Alizée fans who've never heard of you guys, would send money to such an account, even if they would never consider passing a mere centime through your mysterious hands, let alone the proverbial two hundred francs of "Moi... Lolita" fame.

No offense intended. Doesn't what I'm saying make sense?

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 08-08-2011 at 11:21 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well...I doubt that since she never really talks openly, that she would give her email openly since it can be spammed by everyone. So she is protecting her email by going through Dave...

Not to be harsh...
Actually, he wasn't suggesting that she give out her email address but rather a PayPal account where people could directly contribute to the Jean-Baptiste fund. And I think that's a great idea and I'm going to go post something on her Facebook page suggesting that very thing.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-09-2011, 12:13 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Those donations aren't definite, so I'm not going to lead her to believe we might be collecting more than the original amount of 1,000 euros. All I will say is we are waiting to recieve the last of our pledges, which should be in by wednesday or thursday at the latest.

Enough time has passed. My suggestion is that you cap it and send it.

One phrasing suggestion:
David Hardy for
AlizéeAmerica

(Because, actually Ben is AlizéeAmerica)
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default The emptiest barrel makes the biggest noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well...I doubt that since she never really talks openly, that she would give her email openly since it can be spammed by everyone. So she is protecting her email by going through Dave...

Not to be harsh...
Please don't confuse readers with your apparently limited understanding of how PayPal works.

The title of a PayPal account is in the FORM of an e-mail address, but it needn't be an e-mail account you use - or even one that exists. And for what it's worth, PayPal lets you associate multiple (functional) e-mail addresses with an account.

One controls his PayPal account via a SSL Web session, not with e-mail. (And I also use the optional security code "smart card" to further protect logins to my account.)

E-mail is sent through the Internet as naked clear text, like a postcard in the paper-based postal service. It is also easy to "spoof" the origin of e-mail.
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_spoofing .) Unencrypted e-mail is no way to do important bu$iness.

Of course, it is possible to use common e-mail to send and receive secure and author-authenticated messages, via Public Key Encryption technology. I do that all the time. But not one in a hundred persons takes advantage of this.

I cannot say what Alizée's people would do concerning a PayPal account to support the Jean-Baptiste effort. But in their place, I would ask the charity to link their own receipt instrument to that PayPal account, sparing Alizée the need to make complicated explanations when tax accounting time arrives.

And I hope NO ONE thinks someone with a PayPal account has to send you a "bill" for you to send them money via PayPal! You can easily and rapidly transfer money internationally from your PayPal account to anyone else's PayPal account once you have the title of their account. See: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ansfer-outside

You know, even if I trusted someone's honesty, I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting their ability to dodge foolish mistakes if I saw evidence of their ignorance of important germane facts.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM

MickyMicky is on a distinguished road

Lol poor trolling SiècleTerrible name says it all...

Edit:

Yes you must trust this guy over anyone yup.

Last edited by MickyMicky; 08-09-2011 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Very glad that we have fruition. I have pm'ed scruffy about donating and will be putting another 50 euros into the fund (would be more, but i have overspent a bit so far this month!)
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Actually, he wasn't suggesting that she give out her email address but rather a PayPal account where people could directly contribute to the Jean-Baptiste fund. And I think that's a great idea and I'm going to go post something on her Facebook page suggesting that very thing.
I don't think that's a good idea right now. We wanted to keep this as low key as possible. We didn't even want to get Alizee involved with this. Now people are going to start posting on her facebook page about how this should be done. It could sabotage what we are trying to do here.
I'm sure you've already posted, but please, nobody else post anything to her FB until this is a done deal.

Actually it's a good idea, it's just the timing of it I don't like. Like I said, please wait til this is a done deal to post anything on her facebook page.

Edit:

There might be a very small chance for fraud here if I do this through paypal. Someone could possibly create an account name similar to hers then send me a paypal bill.
What I can do to get some level of protection, is in my final letter to her, telling her to send me the bill, the amount I'll tell her to bill me for will be an amount only know to me. If we're sending 1,200 euros, I'll say send me a bill for 1,225 euros. That way, I will know it's from her team.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-09-2011 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM

para.izée is on a distinguished road

I wonder if something is wrong with this:
in facebook:
<<"demande de fermeture du compte association un sourire pour jean - baptiste">>

event.php?eid=221446631235068 paste after facebook.com/

sorry no links yet.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221446631235068

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 08-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Link added, new users can't post links
Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by para.izée View Post
I wonder if something is wrong with this:
in facebook:
<<"demande de fermeture du compte association un sourire pour jean - baptiste">>

event.php?eid=221446631235068 paste after facebook.com/

sorry no links yet.
Oh boy. Well, it looks like maybe this won't work out in the end.

Quote:
As president of the association, I, Maryline Leca,
As treasurer, I, Babette Rèmitti, and we members of the board:
I would like to apologize, for we, the members of the board, find ourselves forced by request of Jean-Baptiste’s father to close this Facebook account and to put an end to this association following the spread of petty gossip by two people, one living in Porticcio and the other in Centre-Ville, who couldn't stop themselves when it came to (? à la hauteur de J-B) Jean-Baptiste.

It is deplorable that these two people have muddled together association and earnings with regards to this association.

This little, five-year-old boy struggles daily and these two people have taken the liberty of stealing away smiles from him.

There is no word to express people going to knock at the door of this father, who is already so sad because of what has happened to him, so as to put into question the workings of this organization and to go so far as to say: You have enough money; why an association?

And the father of Jean-Baptiste confirmed to us that he didn’t need this association, as it would bring him troubles more than anything else, and that especially now he didn’t need any more of that… since nor does he need this money to meet the needs of his family, he tells us!

But what a sad world when people say that he was going to profit from this money.
This association was for a child and not for anything else.

In order to relieve this father who, it seems, now finds himself rather embarrassed by all of this publicity regarding our association in which he had no part but with regards to which, unfortunately, people have muddled everything together, restaurant and association, we are forced to put an end to this association and transfer all of the earnings from our events to other people who NEED money, as this father is asking. In accordance with his request we must transfer this money to those who are in need. We will do this, we will change the name of our association which will be called: A smile for a child.

“A Roof for My Parents,” whose first deadline (? la première échéance) we already settled, will also no longer be supported by our association because of petty gossiping. This is what our world is becoming. Jean-Baptiste’s father will monitor our deadline (?? prendra en charge notre suivi d’échéance), as he has told us again and again that he does not need this organization to take care of the needs of his family!!!! Here we are starting from scratch again!!!

Shame on those who have taken the liberty of stealing away smiles from Jean-Baptiste.
I skipped some things near the end because it was just repetition. If anyone understands the financial terms "échéance/notre suivi d’échéance," please help correct this translation!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm already working on plan B. We've come this far, we're not going to stop now.
Closed Thread