Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Srbski is right. Germany would have pushed up more if the score was 2-2. In the last 10 minutes Germany was just passing the ball back, being the classy and nice people the Germans are they didn't want to "run up the score" and humiliate England even more. To use a World War II analogy, if there were 10 German bombers, England's Royal Air Force would have shot down only one of them. This England team is pretty pathetic, I can't believe they were considered World Cup contenders, the English media just hypes them up (which I brought into), they are just like the French, great individual talent but useless when it comes to the national team, with the exception when Zidane was playing for France. England's going to get even worse because their stars are aging compare to this German team which is the second youngest in the World Cup and they are playing like World Cup contenders.
You can't deny how powerful goals are and you also can't say Germany would push up more if the score was 2-2. You aren't on the staff, you aren't a player, you cannot say whether they would or not. You guys are pretty arrogant acting like you know what the teams would do and how the results would be. "England's going to get even worse"...I guess that statement is 100% right if you said it. I could argue that they will get better because they will always have talent and the younger guys could play better as a team than the current squad. I'm sure as heck not gonna act like what I say is fact though.

If the other team is all of a sudden surging with momentum it's often a bad idea to push up even more when your defense is struggling and back on their heels. We've seen many times how momentum changes games and it wasn't out of the question for England to go on to win.

The last 10 minutes they were just playing ball control against a tired and deflated team. They were ahead by 3 goals, what do you expect? It was only a representation of them already having the game put away. It's much different than a tie game or being up by only 1 goal.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
You can't deny how powerful goals are and you also can't say Germany would push up more if the score was 2-2. You aren't on the staff, you aren't a player, you cannot say whether they would or not. You guys are pretty arrogant acting like you know what the teams would do and how the results would be. "England's going to get even worse"...I guess that statement is 100% right if you said it. I could argue that they will get better because they will always have talent and the younger guys could play better as a team than the current squad. I'm sure as heck not gonna act like what I say is fact though.

If the other team is all of a sudden surging with momentum it's often a bad idea to push up even more when your defense is struggling and back on their heels. We've seen many times how momentum changes games and it wasn't out of the question for England to go on to win.

The last 10 minutes they were just playing ball control against a tired and deflated team. They were ahead by 3 goals, what do you expect? It was only a representation of them already having the game put away. It's much different than a tie game or being up by only 1 goal.
The reason I say they are going to get worse is because guys like Lampard and Terry will be like 34 and 33, Gerrard I think will be 32, in Euro 2012. I don't think England will replace them, as a result, I don't think they will replace them with any new talent. If you look at the big picture the England doesn't have that many young talent compared to the rest of the other powerhouses with the exception of Rooney. I am willing to bet they will not win any major tournament in the foreseeable future. This was the "golden generation" and they failed to come up with any trophies. France had their Golden Generation 98-00 and maybe you could extend that to '06 where many of the players who played in '98 and '00 played in '06. In that span of time they won a World Cup, Euro 2000, 2 Confederations Cup and World Cup Semifinal. Brazil also had a "Golden Generation" from 94-02, in that span they made it to 3 World Cup finals and won 2 of them. The farthest England's Golden Generation gotten to is the Quarterfinals. It's like Arsene Wenger said, it's now or never for England (referring to this World Cup). And the reason me and Srbski say that Germany will push up is because that's exactly what they did against Ghana, they needed to win that game and they pushed and pushed when it was tied and scored 1-0. Germany lost one game in the group stage and they were desperate for that win. I could give England 2 more goals and Germany would still beat them 4-3. This team is not the team just to sit back, they are an attacking team, that's they scored like 9 goals so far, the second highest of any team in the tournament so far. Germany = Pure Ownage.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ali this looks like a De-javu as Ali put it in our P.M. chats. US lost to Ghana 2-1, same in 06. Argentina won against Mexico, same in 06, and Germany and Argentina will face of again same in 06. i think this Germany team is much stronger then the 06 one. Like u said Helix we are not profesionals but still even you can see how things are going to go when they start playing. I mean u know that they have to win and a tie is no good, they dont want to push it into 30 min extra time because then both teams are tired and even a single stupid mistake can make the end of the match. Like what happened to the US team with Ghanas second goal. In that game Ghana sure did deserve to win it, they played well together and had guys up field. England was an ok team but are not what they use to be, and like Ali said they are aging, and barely have no new players that are young, except roony. England has some big name players which are increaible on their own and in their own club teams, but for hte national team the players mayble some only played with each other, but the majority didnt and dont know how to react to each other with passes and crosses.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Well I'm mainly saying that after you give up 2 goals and the momentum has completely switched sides it's not wise to automatically push up even more. Teams in every sport often weather the storm and slow down the other team before going back to their style.

If there were timeouts in soccer I'd bet Germany would have called one if that goal had went in. In basketball you see it all the time. When a team starts going on a run and everything is clicking for them the other team will call a timeout to regroup and halt the other teams momentum.

And sometimes a couple goals is all it takes to wake up a giant like England.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Alizee Fan!

What has England achieved in the past 10 years? They couldn't qualify for Euro '08 and this was one of the most disgraceful exit for England. At least in '02 and '06 they barely lost, '02 to Brazil by 1 goal and '06 to Portugal by penalties, but this time they just collapsed. Compare that to Germany as to what they achieved in the past 10 years if you want proof as to why Germany is superior to England. World Cup finalist in '02, World Cup Semi-finalist '06, Euro '08 finalist, and now they cruised to the Quarter finals and frankly I don't think Argentina can beat Germany, although I am hoping against hope. They are consistently reaching the Semis and Finals of major tournaments. I won't even get into the history of Germany compared to England. 3 World Cups, 3 European Championships compare to only 1 World Cup for England. Germany is the best footballing nation in Europe, in terms of history at least.

Last edited by Ali; 06-29-2010 at 01:36 AM..
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
What has England achieved in the past 10 years? They couldn't qualify for Euro '08 and this was one of the most disgraceful exit for England. At least in '02 and '06 they barely lost, '02 to Brazil by 1 goal and '06 to Portugal by penalties, but this time they just collapsed. Compare that to Germany as to what they achieved in the past 10 years if you want proof as to why Germany is superior to England. World Cup finalist in '02, World Cup Semi-finalist '06, Euro '08 finalist, and now they cruised to the Quarter finals and frankly I don't think Argentina can beat Germany, although I am hoping against hope. They are consistently reaching the Semis and Finals of major tournaments. I won't even get into the history of Germany compared to England. 3 World Cups, 3 European Championships compare to only 1 World Cup for England. Germany is the best footballing nation in Europe, in terms of history at least.
I agree, but I definitely think Spain is on the rise

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Those of you who doubted El Diego's comeback... well look at how far his team has come
Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Alizee Fan!

It was 4 years ago today that the epic World Cup match between France and Brazil happened. Zidane's performance was, as they would say in France, "magnafique".

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIf07gQAbGM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIf07gQAbGM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I remember that day very well, it was Saturday, July 1st, 2006 and I had friends over, some of whom were Brazil supporters, me and this other guy were France supporters. When they won it was just ecstatic for me, one of the best days of my life. I remember everybody in France went euphoric after the match. From Alizee's hometown in Corsica, to Paris, to Marseille, to Lyon, to Bourdeaux. Everybody in France were out in the streets celebrating after the game. After all, they beat the defending World Cup champions and the best team in the World. It's not everyday you beat Brazil at the World Cup and France has done it twice! Thanks to Zinedine Zidane. Ahh the memories.

Last edited by Ali; 07-02-2010 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Epic fail by Ghana, unsuccessful penalty in 122' I just love soccer.
It's great that Holland sent off Brazil, Sneijder was awesome in that match. Brazil forgot how to play soccer in second half, misunderstandings between defenders and goalkeeper, they played very badly. Waiting for Argentina - Germany tomorrow, it will be great match.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Sorry Uruguay, hands aren't allowed in football. Oh, and the kicking part, that's reserved for the ball only, no kicking other players.

Tags
fifa, france, soccer