Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Isn't that a question with two answers?

While, judging by Mylène's other songs, she definitely penned them, and as such created them.

But, as a reader, you have to find, understand and interpret the meaning, and while one reader may do this, another may not, so the second meaning could remain forever hidden.

So couldn't it be said the both the writer and the reader conceived it? The writer may pen something that is never found, while the reader may find something that was never intended, making them the creators. But in the case of both, didn't they both conceive it?
For me, this is what makes music so speacial and true art. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. The writer and the reader/listener can draw two totally different conclusions about what the song is saying and both could be right. It is the same with art. The painter could be trying to say something with his art, and the observer can draw an entirely different conclusion about what the artist is trying to say. Both can be right.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

OK, back to the original thread intent: it would be great if someone with the requisite knowledge could explicate the double entendres listed in the article. Thanks!

I guess I'm saying that I think it would be nice to consolidate them for reference. Also, it seems that Anthony's are not quite complete; some songs are missing (e.g. JBG) and others of his do not, it seems, fully explicate the double entendres (e.g. Moi Lolita). For instance,

Collégienne aux bas/Bleus de méthylène

is treated by Anthony as
"The college refers to the wise and studious side of “Lola”, the bottom half when she talks about Lo’s attire, while the methylene blue serves to refer to Mylène’s blue, through these words, Mylène offers her finery to “Lo”."

but a more convincing double entendre was found in mf-international:

1. schoolgirl in stockings/blue jeans

2. inexperienced down below (i.e., sexually)/ very "blue" (the color of inexperience, like "green" in English).

Last edited by fsquared; 08-13-2007 at 01:17 AM..