Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

^ AH that makes more sense, listen to TDM everyone
Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's an interview where Alizee speaks a little bit about Mylene at the 2:45 mark.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NU9ih0OPfaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT:

Here's another magazine article that I've been looking for which backs up what I said that when Alizee first came out with the Pysch cd, she sent the first copy to MF/LB and didn't hear back from them. It also speaks more about the break up.

It had been originally posted by RMJ and translated by garconcanadien.

Let's now flashback to the past: how did you go through the tornado of media craziness about the end of your artistic collaboration with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat? The gay community was very worried about you so can we talk about it?

Why of course!

You yourself have read in the press: "That you will no longer be anything without them"!

Yes its true! I have read and heard about that.

That you were contractually blocked during the years with them...

Yes, but its false!

How did you deal with all that? That didn't injure you or get the better of you?

No, its maybe that fact that it was me who left. It probably would have been different if I was given my contracts back, telling me that they no longer wanted to work with me! If that was actually the case I think I would be six feet down under and depressed. The fact that it was me who wanted to leave and to go and see and discover new things allowed me to keep my head up! Maybe people will find that pretentious. In any case, I learned a lot with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. They have given me a lot. If today the gay public is present, its thanks to them: they were the intermediaries. I am very well aware of the good luck that I had and still have! All that we learn, we have it forever, for our whole lives. I just wanted to do something else and to take things into my own hands. I was only taught a single way to work: whether it be in studio, for photoshoots, for choreographs... I have seen how its possible to manage by yourself and to create by yourself I wanted to pass to the practical stage. Before applying her recipes on me, Mylene applied them on herself. I told myself: I am twenty years old, I am filled with everything that I have been taught and I want to make it work for me. I have the means to produce an album and now I want to give myself to means to be able to make what I want while trying to go and see the people that I appreciate. For me, it was a luxury to be able to choose the people that I wanted to work with: Daniel Darc... They all accepted because they all had a good image of me. All in all, that motivated me even more to go even further and to above all forge ahead!

Personally, do you think that you were caged in, that you were artistically frustrated, that you didn't have your word to say...

No it wasn't the case! I told myself instead: "What you are doing musically, is it that if it were not you singing it, you would listen to it on your iPod?" That was the real question!

You therefore had a hard time taking charge of things?

No, because I really had a good time! I got the best out of it. When one is an artist, one has the chance to be able to fully taste different worlds.

The first people that you sent your album to were Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. I read in the press that there was no reply from them. So, how should this silence be interpreted?

I don't ask myself too many questions! They know that I am very grateful towards them. It was the least I could do for them in return to send them my album before everybody else and that is what I did. Personally, I am very proud of my album and I hope that they have good thoughts about it!>

Here's a link to the full a article. It's post #4.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-26-2011 at 04:48 AM..
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I could be mature and agree with what's most likely the truth, that it's just a few noisy fans from both parties with extreme dislike of the other for various reasons and that MF fans doesn't mean that they automatically hate our Lilly..

OR

I could add fuel to the flame and say that MF fans are just jealous because MF is getting old and nasty whereas Alizée is still slamming hawt.

(In all honesty though, it is a good question. I've noticed this quite often on youtube comments left on Alizée videos.)

Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 PM

Even though I'm an MF fan I don't fully understand this.

I know that a few of MF fans think Alizée made the worst decision of her life leaving MF and LB and that she was ungrateful to just leave after all the success they brought her (although surely this is no reason to be mean to her?). She also receives quite a lot of mockery from MF fans that her albums fail to make any sizeable impact on the charts while anything Mylène releases these days shoots to number one (but I think this is more fan to fan banter and not meanness).

So is it really being mean or more... disapproval of Alizée's decisions? I think so. Same as a few Alizée fans disapprove of the way MF treated Alizée in the early years (revealing clothes, suggestive lyrics etc).

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-13-2011 at 07:38 PM..
Old 08-13-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post

So is it really being mean or more... disapproval of Alizée's decisions? I think so. Same as a few Alizée fans disapprove of the way MF treated Alizée in the early years (revealing clothes, suggestive lyrics etc).
Really? I have rarely, if ever heard people complain about Alizée's Lolita appeal. If anything, most Alizée fans mourned the loss of that look and was turned off by the colorful/bubbly Psychedelices look that contrasted with the sexy/sophisticated lolita look.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Finnishguy is on a distinguished road

I'm not interested how it is for biggest part of people. I too think that almost anybody just mourned because this loss.
And what about Alizée.. Her dances and any performances are morals. Nothing too sexy. (I say it just because I've heard so much such negative talks about this thing.)

Last edited by Finnishguy; 08-14-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Really? I have rarely, if ever heard people complain about Alizée's Lolita appeal. If anything, most Alizée fans mourned the loss of that look and was turned off by the colorful/bubbly Psychedelices look that contrasted with the sexy/sophisticated lolita look.
I've heard at least a few people on here saying that Alizée was too young to be made to dress so revealingly and sing songs that were so clearly full of innuendo. I have no grudge against MF and LB but you occasionally do get the feeling that some Alizée fans do because of what they made her wear and sing at such a young age.

But yeah as you say there are a lot of people who are the opposite and want the Lolita back.

I guess fans complain about a lot of things.

But to get back on topic, MF fans can be mean to Alizée because they take seriously the rumours that MF/LB and Alizée split on bad terms and believe she was ungrateful towards the two people who made her the successful artist that she was. They also kinda take the piss that Alizée's last two albums sans MF/LB sold comparatively tiny amounts compared to her first two albums and Mylène's own recent work since the split.

Hope that explains a bit.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post

But to get back on topic, MF fans can be mean to Alizée because they take seriously the rumours that MF/LB and Alizée split on bad terms and believe she was ungrateful towards the two people who made her the successful artist that she was. They also kinda take the piss that Alizée's last two albums sans MF/LB sold comparatively tiny amounts compared to her first two albums and Mylène's own recent work since the split.

Hope that explains a bit.
It does indeed, thank ya.

But I do think there is some tension between them. My internet connection is too crappy for me to dig through all the threads, but there is that video with Alizée and some other French singer sitting together looking at the TV screen that asks questions, and a question for Alizée was if she'd sing with MF, and the moment that question comes up, Alizée slaps the button that dismisses the question. (Long winded description.. my bad. )

Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

This whole business with the Mylène fans and Alizée fans and the split between the two makes me think of a divorce where the couple are cool about it but the relatives all hate one or the other.

Honestly, there's no sign at all that either of these women has any bad feelings towards the other, and everyone else should just bloody chill out.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I agree, where is there any proof that they split on bad terms? bands/groups split with producers all the time. people need to relax and put aside all these Rumors. Nothing about ALIZEE shows any proof that she has any ill' feeligns torwards her former boss.
mz