Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, my guess is that Alizée cut back on the dancing for 2 reasons, time and money.
As usual I think Lefty's right. Mylene was Alizée's choreographer, and I think she just hasn't bothered to fill the vacant position. Those few MJ performances with dancers, I remember her mentioning in an interview that she hired some famous troop for that.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
I think the answer to her current aversion to performing dance moves is much more obvious: She just doesn't want to do it anymore.
You are right.

Based on her personality and how she lives her life people should understand that she does not want to be portrayed as a sex symbol anymore. Unfortunately the majority of the fans just want to see her up there wearing skimpy outfits and almost making love to the camera. They will deny it of course.

Yeah it started her career but this is many years later...I guess people would rather have her act like Britney and do stripper videos. Some of us like her more because she isn't like Britney.

As for dancing, there are MANY different styles out there that aren't sexually suggestive.

But I think everybody agrees that she needs some good people around her that know the business. And I think another concert special in HD would go along way in generating that old popularity.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Well, dancing spans a whole range of things... I like the MJ stuff because what she was the center of an ensemble which I think suits the MJ character very well. Just singing into a mike don't cut it for me. I want to listen to Alizée with my eyes as well... and for the record, I think the 60's miniskirt go-go style dances that JAM suggests are tasteful and something uniquely hers at that time

here are some amateur girls who I think look sexy yet tasteful with the miniskirts an the long eyelashes doing a 60's style go-go dancing alongside alizee's fish dance...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEgMDDIVBTA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEgMDDIVBTA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by wildfire; 10-03-2009 at 05:07 AM..
Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorock View Post
She has back problems. An arched back I believe. Accept it bro. And I believe she said she loves more singing than dancing, not vice versa. To be honest, I'd rather have her not perform at all if she was in a risk. Her happy = me and the rest of us happy.
I'm kinda curious as to where anyone has ever actually seen it other than written by a few people here?

don't make up ridiculous bullshit

regards

Jung

Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I'm kinda curious as to where anyone has ever actually seen it other than written by a few people here?
Here's the source. I've never seen it mentioned in connection with dancing though, plus this interview's from when she still was:

Quote:
Do you play sports regularly?
A: Yes, I've done dance since I was little. I've been practicing thai boxing religiously for several months. That makes me work on my breathing. It's really cool for getting me ready for the stage! I suffer from back problems, I have a very arched back, which prevents me from running or jumping. To burn lots of calories, I dedicated myself to this discipline. I take classes with a private teacher. He's not allowed to hit me because I'm afraid of hurting myself, so I'm the one who hits. I'd rather not go on TV with a black eye! When I'm in Ajaccio, I train almost every day. Also, this combat sport allows me to better manage my stress.
Rest of the translation: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50603
Old 10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

^everyone can feel free to take what is said there in consideration to when it was said and apply it to now and compare and quit making excuses

I take my leave

Jung

Old 10-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

well either way.. there's nothing wrong with saying that we want more dancing.. i mean she did it before, so why can't she do it again??

seriously, dancing is probably less stressful on the body than friggen kick boxing!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
dancing is probably less stressful on the body than friggen kick boxing!
well im like dancing to my MJ collection. Not a real dancer, let alone a professional one, but i know that if im going to be moving my body in ways i dont do normally, while people are watching, then im going to do my best to get it right. This is very true for me, because everybody's seen the King of Pop do his thang, you dont get many breaks when imitating him. You either get applause or boos.

But i think that she doesnt dance anymore cause of time, maybe also money. Time, is what she gives to her daughter, im sure if we had a choice to either raise a daughter right (forget nannies), or put on a good show, we would go for the former.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
well im like dancing to my MJ collection. Not a real dancer, let alone a professional one, but i know that if im going to be moving my body in ways i dont do normally, while people are watching, then im going to do my best to get it right. This is very true for me, because everybody's seen the King of Pop do his thang, you dont get many breaks when imitating him. You either get applause or boos.

But i think that she doesnt dance anymore cause of time, maybe also money. Time, is what she gives to her daughter, im sure if we had a choice to either raise a daughter right (forget nannies), or put on a good show, we would go for the former.
well see, she's been dancing a hell of a lot longer than she's been singing no? id figure that she'd be more uncomfortable with singing than dancing in front of a crowd.. not that performing has really been much of an issue with Alizee. at least, in terms of stage fright!

and yes, of course family comes first! but that doesn't mean you can ignore work either.