Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 12:32 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

I'm not a musician, but its definitely a synthesizer.

It could be a built-in sound, but it might not be. I think custom sounds can be downloaded into most digital synthesizers.

In this clip from En Concert, watch the keyboardist's left hand. His left hand is stationary, and then he shifts it over to the left. About the time he moves his hand to the left, you hear the little kid say "youpidou". Apparently, he is pressing a key that plays the "youpidoo" sound. The "youpidoo" sound isn't a built-in sound-- the synthesizer is fully programmable.

https://youtu.be/kb_eyNgT8as?t=16
Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I'm not a musician, but its definitely a synthesizer.

It could be a built-in sound, but it might not be. I think custom sounds can be downloaded into most digital synthesizers.

In this clip from En Concert, watch the keyboardist's left hand. His left hand is stationary, and then he shifts it over to the left. About the time he moves his hand to the left, you hear the little kid say "youpidou". Apparently, he is pressing a key that plays the "youpidoo" sound. The "youpidoo" sound isn't a built-in sound-- the synthesizer is fully programmable.

https://youtu.be/kb_eyNgT8as?t=16
Good find and your exactly right. I slowed it down and the "Youpidou" does start as soon as he touches that key on the left. For years I always thought this was a woman on the keyboard. I think because I never really paid much attention to anyone else on stage except for one of the back up singers. I have to look up her name again. I think it was Brenda from what Alizee said on stage.

I'm glad kulli brought up this subject about that sound at the :34 mark. It makes me appreciate the nuances of much of the music that was written for her and I'm guessing the music for this song was also written by LB.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9U...ew?usp=sharing

Edit:

Her full name is Brenda Della Valle and according to IMDb, some of her bigger claims to fame are 'Brenda Della Valle is an actress, known for Promise at Dawn (2017), Joséphine, ange gardien (1997) and Alizée en concert (2004)." They list her as an actress, but it looks like she's done singing as well.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-19-2019 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm glad kulli brought up this subject about that sound at the :34 mark. It makes me appreciate the nuances of much of the music that was written for her and I'm guessing the music for this song was also written by LB.
L'Alize has "seagull"-like sounds in it.

And then there is the "scream" in A contre-courant:

https://youtu.be/H3Ioxh3OTSU?t=194
Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
L'Alize has "seagull"-like sounds in it.

And then there is the "scream" in A contre-courant:

https://youtu.be/H3Ioxh3OTSU?t=194
It's hard to believe as many times as I've listened to ACC, I never really recognized that sound as a scream, but now that you've mentioned it, it stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good find and your exactly right. I slowed it down and the "Youpidou" does start as soon as he touches that key on the left. For years I always thought this was a woman on the keyboard. I think because I never really paid much attention to anyone else on stage except for one of the back up singers. I have to look up her name again. I think it was Brenda from what Alizee said on stage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9U...ew?usp=sharing

Edit:

Her full name is Brenda Della Valle and according to IMDb, some of her bigger claims to fame are 'Brenda Della Valle is an actress, known for Promise at Dawn (2017), Joséphine, ange gardien (1997) and Alizée en concert (2004)." They list her as an actress, but it looks like she's done singing as well.

A Doctoral Degree on Alizee should be awarded to Scruffydog, Coucou, CleverCowboy, and kulli. With Alizee all but AWOL, you folks are delving into the minutest archaeology excavations of her life. I think this stuff goes beyond expert to another degree that hasn't yet been named.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:21 AM

Some of our newer members might not realize that in the ACC video, her hair blowing in the wind wasn't due to a wind machine but due to a storm that came along late in the filming. Most of the windows had been broken in that abandoned building many years ago. I had the pleasure of being in that building about 7 years ago I think it was.

https://youtu.be/H3Ioxh3OTSU?t=173

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-20-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
A Doctoral Degree on Alizee should be awarded to Scruffydog, Coucou, CleverCowboy, and kulli. With Alizee all but AWOL, you folks are delving into the minutest archaeology excavations of her life. I think this stuff goes beyond expert to another degree that hasn't yet been named.
You said it! Though I have practically nothing of value to add to this discussion, I have been fascinated by it.Thank you to Scruffydog, CleverCowboy and kulli. Wow!
Old 07-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
YThank you to Scruffydog, CleverCowboy and kulli. Wow!
Alizee is of course gorgeous and her personality is magnetic, but on top of that she is a very interesting person. She is very feminine but at the same time tomboyish. She is shy yet courageous. She has had plenty of failures, but yet she is a winner. She is trendy and fashionable, but yet she is "geeky". She likes the comforts of home, but is not afraid to get outdoors and have fun.

Maybe the most important thing is that she is very principled, and her life has reflected that. She has solid core values, and yes she has had her screw ups, but who hasn't? Her heart is definitely in the right places.

I am attracted to people like Alizee for the reasons stated and more. Yes, I love her eyes and smile, but when I watch her perform or participate in an interview, I see the person she is and it makes it all the more enjoyable.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:16 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Some of our newer members might not realize that in the ACC video, her hair blowing in the wind wasn't due to a wind machine but due to a storm that came along late in the filming. Most of the windows had been broken in that abandoned building many years ago. I had the pleasure of being in that building about 7 years ago I think it was.

https://youtu.be/H3Ioxh3OTSU?t=173

Where is that building located? Could you give us a Google coordinate? How did you ever find it?
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 PM

It's about 120 miles north, northeast of Paris, about 10 miles over the Belgium border. It was built under the Marshal plan which was a U.S. plan to help rebuild Europe after WW2. It was a coal washing plant. Coal, after it is mined, needs to be washed to make it usable in homes and industry.

To handle such material, it was built like a brick outhouse with large amounts of concrete. I think about 10 years after it was built, the local coal mines shut down, maybe because of the increased use of oil and so this building went out of business. People stripped it of it's all it usable equipment, but it was too massive to demolish. So it stood for years as an eyesore, with most of its windows broken out.

I guess MF and LB wanted to make a video for A Contre Courant, but I believe LB was too busy at the time, so LB asked I believe it was a Dutch director to film the video and I guess it was he who chose this location.

A few years after the video was made, plans were made to renovate the building to make it usable for small businesses and maybe some residential use. They did a lot of work on the outside and some on the inside, but not enough to destroy the history of this shrine. I believe the project ran out of money.

So I decided to stop there on one of my trips, not really knowing whether I'd find it occupied or what. To my surprise, I found it uninhabited with no work going on. I walked around the building and everything on the ground floor as far as access was locked up. But I saw, if there was some way to get up to the second level, I could get in. I looked around and saw a part of a fence here, part of a pallet here and Voila!... I had a way to reach the second floor.
I thought this isn't breaking and entering, but it certainly is entering, a crime in itself. I get arrested here, I could lose my job. But I had to try.

I dragged that fence and the pallet over to the building and I was in!!! Before I knew it, I found the staircase where Alizée had climbed those stairs. Then when I was up at the next level, I was at the outer wall of a large room. This wall had windows in it and on a window sill, I saw fingerprints where somebody had obviously placed their fingers on a very dusty surface. Why would someone put their fingers on such a dusty surface, unless maybe they were doing something work-related, such as filming a video? And Alizée had indeed placed her hands on this window sill, in a different area than the video, but there may have been a few takes where she might have placed her hands there in a different take.

Then I made my way to the upper level where that big round tank was for I guess part of the coal washing process. I was in the very place where she climbed those stairs and it looked exactly the same. Again I had missed her by just several years! If only I had gone there sooner!

So this has all been discussed here before. Maybe it's been archived. I'll look to see if all the pictures and videos of the building are still available, but in the meantime, here is a video of when I was approaching the Triage-Lavoire building

Edit:

I did find the thread. Luckily, it hasn't been archived yet.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5334

I got a kick from this post by a member in reference to my finding a 'fingerprint'!

fingerprint.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-22-2019 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts