Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I certainly hope Alizee is NOT embarrassed! There is no shame in wanting to help a good cause. Even if she didn't come to their events, she still raised publicity (after all, we never would have known about the whole thing had she not supported them) AND money for them. It may be a moot point now that the thing is over and done with, but if I were her, I would regret nothing.

What is a shame is that, if the story is to be believed, people attempted to derail the organization - and succeeded - with hateful words and gossip. I don't know the family, but I have a feeling the people in question probably don't either.. and personally, I would rather let whatever corrupt ulterior motives the money might actually be going towards continue to happen, than risk the other possibility of taking money from a child with a very serious disease. I wish that poor child and his father all the best and I also wish I could personally tell them that.. oh well.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I agree with every part of that Azhiri. Alizee should not blame herself for living 500miles away and not being able to attend some meetings when the organization expected her to be at every single one. But who knows, I know we don't know about everything that went on behind the scenes that caused this, so we might as well just mourn and move on with Plan C
Old 08-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I second Lefty's motion.

Man....this blows! Agh...

If it doesn't turn out that she wants to give the money to JB, then I reccomend Scruffy that you suggest she donates it to Un Restos Du Couer or whatever that charity is that does Les Enfoires. She really likes that one obviously and we all do too.
Everybody who donated money likes that charity too? I don't know if you guys signed contracts or anything but if I put money in and it didn't go to where it was originally intended for the right reason then I might want it back. Some people who put forth money might be afraid to speak up about that.

I think there are some here who would write a check for Alizée to spend on anything just to thank her, and others who might have been focused more on that specific charity and it's connection with Alizée.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I think there are some here who would write a check for Alizée to spend on anything just to thank her, and others who might have been focused more on that specific charity and it's connection with Alizée.
It might be so. And I apologize to everyone by speaking for the whole group in my last post, especially since I didn't even donate.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

The plan that everyone donated to was to raise money for the first charity Lili asked us to help with, and to thank her for the autograph signing.

The plan currently is to still donate money to thank her for the autograph signing, the change now is, it may be a different charity that the money goes to.

If any of the people who donated want to revoke their donation, they can, with no hard feelings. They can either post it here, or if they dont want it to be public, they can always send a PM to Scruffy.

We dont plan on giving up on this, since Lili's team gave us the go-ahead. We are just waiting to see if they still want the donation. If they dont, then we move on.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If anyone who has donated to this cause has second thoughts for what ever reasons, about this cause, please pm me and I will return your money asap. I wont even mention it in the forum. If we do wind up making a donation, I will not mention the fact that anyone pulled out. I will find a way to cover up what happened. I fully understand why someone might have second thoughts about this.

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-10-2011 at 08:05 PM..
Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If anyone who has donated to this cause has second thoughts for what ever reasons, about this cause, please pm me and I will return your money asap. I wont even mention it in the forum. If we do wind up making a donation, I will not mention the fact that anyone pulled out. I will find a way to cover up what happened. I fully understand why someone might have second thoughts about this.
There is no need to mention even the reason in the message. Members can simply inform that they want their money back without giving any details about why they are pulling out.

I hope no one will mind this.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I hope her store were open so we could support her by buying her merchandises.
Anyways, as long as it's Alizee-related charity, I'm all for it. Uum...may be not Un Restos Du Couer. I have supported them and will continue to do so by buying the Les Enfoires concert DVDs!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:36 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The sole purpose of what we are doing is a way of thanking Alizee for what she did for us last year and in the process, helping out someone or some organization to which she thinks is a worthy cause.

We haven't held a gun to anyone's head. All donations have been of a voluntary nature and no conditions had to be met to make those donations. Everything that's been done in here, has been done in a way that is born out of trust that many of us have for each other. I even told a few members that if I hadn't recieved their donation, by the time I planned on making the payment, I would put in the money myself, until their donation arrived.

Anyone at any time could have asked for their money back.

As for those who could not afford to donate. I said we still want and appreicate their input.

But there are some in here who have offered no constructive advice or constructive criticism of this effort. They've just tried to sow seeds of discontent.

Edit:

As of now we've raised about 1,250 euros. As originally planned, I will send a notice to alizee.officiel that we have raised all the money and she can now send me a bill through paypal for that amount.

Anyone who'd like thier money back, feel free to pm me up until the time I send out that message. Anyone who'd like to make a donation can still do so up until that same hour. Even if you'd like to donate a few dollars, just to be a part of this, please contact me by pm. Most of you I think know who I trust to send me the money later.

I will ask that the amount that people donated be erased from the first post. We all know who the big donors are and I thank them all. I will ask that just a list of donors names be put up.

I'm working tonight, if I don't have too busy a night, I will be on at different times throughout the night.

Odds are what happened in Ajaccio is going to derail this effort of ours. But I still plan on carrying on with it to the end, unless our forum members decide otherwise.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm definitely still 100% behind this and I don't want a refund. I look at it this way, we had a goal to thank Alizée by donating to a charity she supports. And that's what we are still attempting to do. The charity may have changed from JB to something else, but our goal is still intact.
Closed Thread