Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Well, if my children ever ask me, "Papa, pourquoi avez-vous d'être en France?" I'll tell them, "Well, François-Philippe and Lili Cosette(don't laugh at me, I do want to name my kids that), it all started when I encountered a woman named Alizée Jacotey..."

Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 AM

term1 is on a distinguished road

I will tie them down and put headphones on them and pump Lilli into their heads daily for 3 hrs. at a time.....OK well maybe not but for all holidays they get a cd or poster.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well I have a theory that you end up liking the music that is the polar opposite to what you first hear.

Growing up, I lived so heavily amongst a cheesy techno/urban/hip-hop crazed group of citizens. I, used to like it at first, but I knew my true calling at age 7, I could feel the great Majesty take over my body and expose me to the music of realms outside of my own.

I don't know if this musical theory is particularly true, but I would like to substitute Baby lullabies with J'en ai Marre and send them to sleep with L'effet or Cœur Déjà Pris.
Can't say I support this theory, my parents listened (and made us children listen) to Ska, Reggae, Rock and Blues. I still like these althou I at first took my own little journey into the world of Techno, Drum&Bass and Metal. I was also influenced by my sisters like in Hip-Hop and RnB/Soul. Today I listen more or less to all of these genres.

Music taste is one of my favourite subjects to speculate around and I constantly raise and ruin diffrent theories as I discuss it with people or simply philosophize about it on myself. But now the topic of this thread was something else ^^

Would you tell them?
As I know children tend to do the absolute negative of what their parents tell them, I would not try to force it on them directly. In baby steps I would try to sneak her into their knowledge in the best suitable way, preferably with the illusion that they themselves discovered her ^^

Oh, and she would be a cherry, no questions asked.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

When I was very young, my parents told me about the music they enjoyed and I listened to them and still enjoy it.

My wife and I decided not to have children, as we could not afford to bring them up as we wanted too.

However, I tell everyone and anyone who will listen to me about Alizée.

I play guitar professionally and have 53 years of playing behind me. I studied all types of music and usually get many compliments wherever our band plays.

I always get asked what music I like, and I tell them I listen to Alizée and tangy French pop. The expression on the faces of those who have asked me are priceless.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
If you already have kids, this topic does not exclude you by any means, and your input would be much appreciated.
My kids are 20 and 17. They know.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
A 19 KILLA

vercingetorix is on a distinguished road
Talking ''yeah''

Hmm my kids???well i don't have any kidz,and if i ever wanted them i deffinetly would kind of babystep it on them with the Alizee muzik...When i got back from Iraq on my 1st tour i was 19 yrs old,note i found out about alizee from going to Iraq... and my little sisters were so interested in what kind of things i encountered as far as culture and all...well i turned on my PC and started a ''jen ai marre'' video while my oldest of the two little sisters i have lupe was asking me her questions and instantly my older little sister wanted to know who she was...Yeah so i told her and i guess if i exposed Alizee to what i could say were young kidz i've deffinatley done it...And to this day my older young sister is a fan of Alizee... Well i hope i didn't stray too far from the topic...

Last edited by vercingetorix; 08-28-2008 at 05:37 PM..
Old 08-28-2008, 03:24 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
my 2 year old refers to that women on daddy's ipod as "daddy's girlfriend"

Nuff Said

...wife was none to happy
Hahhahaaahahaha, that just made my day!

Well, when and IF I get kids.

I'm not sure, I suppose they will just hear Alizée's musik be played during the time they grow up, and either they take intressed in it or they don't.

But in anycase, as long as I'm the chief at home, I decide Alizée is to be played 24/7
Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
and send them to sleep with L'effet or Cœur Déjà Pris.
I think L'effet would be the better choice. Coeur Deja Pris is definitely a good song to replace a lullaby, but the overall meaning behind it is pretty sad, and who knows, maybe the baby could figure that out :P

Oh and runner, good choice on 24/7 Lili
Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm they would know about her before they could remember anything becasue they would be always hearing her stuff while they are babies

Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

pretty much