Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2012, 06:50 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

There were a few unbearable corny scenes, and I thought the guy was a little too attached to his horse, but still enjoyable. The only thing I really hated was how throughout most of the movie, they depicted the Germans as complete villains. I know that the point of the movie wasn't about the war, so much as it was about the horse's journey, but still.

7/10
So I finally watched War Horse last night...

Do you know that feeling when you really want to love a movie but it doesn’t work?

Call me heartless but I have to admit I wasn’t really impressed at all… it was quite nice to watch, it wasn’t bad but I really missed that moment when you sit there and suddenly you go like “Oh my God this is amazing/perfect/heartbreaking etc.” Because this never happened to me during this film… it was nice but I was sitting there in the dark the whole time and was like “Ok, nice, touching, sad… yeah move on…”. It was nice to watch but definitely not a film I would be totally keen to see twice…

Perhaps I just have a bad taste in movies but I was a bit disappointed.

6/10
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Debbie Does Dallas

Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Yesterday I watched Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace with commentary by Harry S. Plinkett. It was pretty funny—much better than actually listening to the movie.

Just watched it last night. I wasn't disappointed
Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

House Season 7 Episode 1 .. when cuddy and House take the day off from work to have sex all day... I remember when my gf and I did that when we first hooked up... the relationship only lasted 6 months though. She got crazy...

Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

8/10
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I just got home about 40 min ago from seeing Act Of Valor .... it was meeh at best ... if you really am not sure if you want to see it or not skip it!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I've just seen two movies. I came back literally an hour ago from seeing this:

Hayao Miyazaki, the animator who made this, is famous for movies like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and My Neighbor Totoro. This movie isn't as ambitious as any of those but it's consistent with the fact that all of his movies are the definition of art. It was like real on-screen magic, it was very charming and sweet. The plot was a little boring but if you want to relax and be treated to beautiful attention to detail, with Miyazaki's love for visual storytelling, go see it.

And earlier today my mom and I watched this on Netflix:

This one was really powerful. It's about the mother of a sadistic child who does horrible things to spite her. The film escalates to Kevin murdering several people in a school shooting, and then the second half is devoted to the aftermath in his family. Everyone in the film is so human, even Kevin sometimes. It was very sad, but still great.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I just got home about 40 min ago from seeing Act Of Valor .... it was meeh at best ... if you really am not sure if you want to see it or not skip it!
What the?....

Act Of Valor was good!! That movie was based on true events and performed by two active-duty Navy Seals!

There was not a dry eye in the theater when I saw it today... Then again, everyone around me is military... heh.... but still... These hero's died for our country and their families were robbed short of their love ones lives...

I thought it was a good movie... I got teared up...

can you blame us for being sad? ...

Real photo...

Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
What the?....

Act Of Valor was good!! That movie was based on true events and performed by two active-duty Navy Seals!

There was not a dry eye in the theater when I saw it today... Then again, everyone around me is military... heh.... but still... These hero's died for our country and their families were robbed short of their love ones lives...

I thought it was a good movie... I got teared up...

can you blame us for being sad? ...

Real photo...

I just didnt think it was a good movie, and the shaky camera made me dizzy at times.

SPOILER ALERT

I also did not like the scene where the guy gets shot about 6 times with an AK-47 at super close range and doesn't even die! Im sorry but even at mid range you are dead from that ... AK-47 has a 7mm armor piercing round ... you are not getting up if you get hit with that!
Also why was almost every kill done by the SEALS a head shot? No no no, head shots are just in video games or for snipers, in real life they aim for COM! No marksman in real life is good enough to be confident with an M-4 or M-16A4 /A3 and aim for the head in a battle scenario.
Finally I did not think the plot was all that good. The movie had some nice action scenes but I was never on the edge of my seat ... I always had the feeling of ... oh they will easily get out of this predicament ... which they did! Overall not a particularly good film!
Obviously you know I support the troops and what they do over there .... I don't have to tell anyone that twice!~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post

I also did not like the scene where the guy gets shot about 6 times with an AK-47 at super close range and doesn't even die!

While 6 rounds point blank and surviving is a tad unrealistic, if you ever read Lone Survivor, those SEALS sustained some pretty horrific wounds, from AK-47s but kept on fighting, at least for a while. That's what makes a SEAL a SEAL.

I still want to see this film though.