Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road
Default So this week a year ago.

Forgot the exact day but im pretty sure it was the tuesday or wednesday after july4th. Either way im 99% sure it was the week after july4th.

I was about to fall asleep when i decided i would look up where the female NE dance came from. After a few google searches i found the alizee compilation on google video. At first i thought she was just a sexy thing in short shorts, i looked up more videos and the first videos i came up on were la isla bonita, JPVA compilation from ternuc, jen ai marre, and l'alize. I fell asleep thinking that i would forget about her the next day. But i was VERY wrong.

I wake up and find myself looking for more of her videos and i discover pretty much all her music videos. I look more into her history and i found out the basics. My cousins were over but i didnt want them to know i was listening to french music and i hook up my headphones, listen to some alizee and play some WoW. Soon i got an iPod and the majority of my days were dedicated to thinking about/listening to/and watching alizee. The moi-alizee.us and AF forums became my best friends. I became obsessed, even on my week trip to hawaii in august all i could think about was alizee. She also made me obsessed with anything french. She was perfect, she made my days better and everytime i was mad/sad/depressed, her music and videos would cheer me up.

Sadly around early 2007, due to lack of news, i started losing interest. Im still waiting for her comeback so i can become that crazed alizee fan i was when i first found out about her. Although i have lost some interest, im still checking these forums daily because its a habit. I still cant wait for her comeback.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
Forgot the exact day but im pretty sure it was the tuesday or wednesday after july4th. Either way im 99% sure it was the week after july4th.

I was about to fall asleep when i decided i would look up where the female NE dance came from. After a few google searches i found the alizee compilation on google video. At first i thought she was just a sexy thing in short shorts, i looked up more videos and the first videos i came up on were la isla bonita, JPVA compilation from ternuc, jen ai marre, and l'alize. I fell asleep thinking that i would forget about her the next day. But i was VERY wrong.

I wake up and find myself looking for more of her videos and i discover pretty much all her music videos. I look more into her history and i found out the basics. My cousins were over but i didnt want them to know i was listening to french music and i hook up my headphones, listen to some alizee and play some WoW. Soon i got an iPod and the majority of my days were dedicated to thinking about/listening to/and watching alizee. The moi-alizee.us and AF forums became my best friends. I became obsessed, even on my week trip to hawaii in august all i could think about was alizee. She also made me obsessed with anything french. She was perfect, she made my days better and everytime i was mad/sad/depressed, her music and videos would cheer me up.
That is oddly reminiscent of my own experience, give or take a couple weeks to the time frame. Even though my co-worker showed me the inspiration to the female NE dance (the JEAM vid), I didn't think too much of it at the time because our work PC are crappy and he had the audio off (besides, I didn't want to get in trouble for screwing around). At home, I was surfing one night and was interested in looking up all the WoW dances (strange on me huh?), eventually YouTube query showed the same JEAM vid that I remembered from work. From then on, I was like Neo in the Matrix, and kept on searching for every bit of information that the white rabbit could lead me to. I came across the Wiki page and my hope for an American fan site was answered. I then lurked on this site for a couple of months, trying to get an idea of the members on the site before joining (General Patton was at the blunt end of a lot of the jokes at the time -- although he did ask for it) and here we are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
Sadly around early 2007, due to lack of news, i started losing interest. Im still waiting for her comeback so i can become that crazed alizee fan i was when i first found out about her. Although i have lost some interest, im still checking these forums daily because its a habit. I still cant wait for her comeback.
The waiting only makes it that much sweeter in the end. No?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 07-11-2007, 01:05 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Okay, well how about this? I was listening to Last.fm radio as usual. Today, I searched for "violin pop" because I was obsessing over violins at the time. Last.fm played a few okay songs, and then popped a message: "There is not enough content to play this station." Okay, fine. Not may people tag their songs as "violin pop."

However, I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything else. I click play again, and guess what comes on? Gourmandises, by this French chick named Alizée. French music? How strange! But then... The song started playing. All it took was the first measure of that piano riff (which you all know I love so very much) for me to know that I was going to love this song. I did.

Now I don't know if I was going to acquire Lili's music then, but like everybody, I did a search for her. I naturally came across the JEAM performance at Pour Laurette, and, well, it's hard not to be drawn into anything like that. I hastily downloaded a torrent of both studio albums, and loved them.

Don't jump on me yet, 'cause I've now paid for both albums twice - Once on iTunes, and once on eBay for real copies recently. And I got a Digipak of Gourmandises. Cool, huh? Well, that's the story of Lili and me. Movie at 11.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

This is how I discovered Alizée. I saw her picture on the internet, and thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I didn't know who she was, and was to lazy to find out. Well, apparently I was meant to find out who she was, because two months later her picture popped up again, and this time I asked who she was, and this person said "Alizée" and that person posted the JPVA compilation, and I watched it.

I was immediately hooked. I looked up her name and came across this site, and I watched some of her videos and listened to her music. I have been listening to her music ever since.

It is wild. I hated the idea of flying, traveling anywhere far away from home, and never thought I would want to live anywhere but America. When I found Alizée I realized there is too much out there in the world and too much to do for me to set back and waste my life over fear and doubt and insecurities. Now I want move to Europe, I am learning French, and feel more than ever like there is so many possibilities in life. Alizée made me realize that I need to live life to the fullest. Alizée, thank you so much for all you have done for me and the fanbase! Merci, Alizée!

Last edited by Tye; 07-11-2007 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

My story is close to Sir Wood's on how I discovered Alizée. I was looking at easter egg's (A Easter egg is a hidden message in an object or in this case a game refering to a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program.) in World of Warcraft and came across where the Night Elf dance came from and with a link thankfully to the Alizée JEAM video. It was because that one link that was tagged with the video that I got to experience Alizée because I would never have found her otherwise or even looked into it. I really liked the song and Alizée was just the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, so I looked up more videos of her's and was hooked. Now I listen to her two album just about everyday and cant wait for the third. They also help me if I'm feeling down like a lot of others seem to do on here.

p.s. I'm surprised how much Alizée has helped you so much Tye.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's amazing, the influence a person can have. Alizée immersed me into a lot of French culture. I've been watching a lot of French movies (Amélie is now my favourite movie of all time), reading Harry Potter in French, exclusively watching TV in French, and now I've chosen to continue learning French throughout high school, possibly in university too. I also, of course, listen to just about only French music.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Wink Oh man! I know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
This is how I discovered Alizée. I saw her picture on the internet, and thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I didn't know who she was, and was to lazy to find out. Well, apparently I was meant to find out who she was, because two months later her picture popped up again, and this time I asked who she was, and this person said "Alizée" and that person posted the JPVA compilation, and I watched it.

I was immediately hooked. I looked up her name and came across this site, and I watched some of her videos and listened to her music. I have been listening to her music ever since.

It is wild. I hated the idea of flying, traveling anywhere far away from home, and never thought I would want to live anywhere but America. When I found Alizée I realized there is too much out there in the world and too much to do for me to set back and waste my life over fear and doubt and insecurities. Now I want move to Europe, I am learning French, and feel more than ever like there is so many possibilities in life. Alizée made me realize that I need to live life to the fullest. Alizée, thank you so much for all you have done for me and the fanbase! Merci, Alizée!
I just got back from a 10 day vacation in Wales (UK) and was reminded again that there are far more "ways of living" than i'm used to here.... I loved the ads that were different, the "pubs" (which are NOT "just bars") and the different newspapers! I just loved being exposed to the "different" - that which reminded me that my day-to-day existence is predicated on assumptions and beliefs that I usually see as being universal, which aren't! VIVA LA DIFFERENCE! (sorry - can't spell it...)

this link below is my little essay on how i met our "fee clochette".... you may see yourself in it somewhere . . . .

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

Ed
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I just got back from a 10 day vacation in Wales (UK) and was reminded again that there are far more "ways of living" than i'm used to here.... I loved the ads that were different, the "pubs" (which are NOT "just bars") and the different newspapers! I just loved being exposed to the "different" - that which reminded me that my day-to-day existence is predicated on assumptions and beliefs that I usually see as being universal, which aren't! VIVA LA DIFFERENCE! (sorry - can't spell it...)

this link below is my little essay on how i met our "fee clochette".... you may see yourself in it somewhere . . . .

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

Ed
I read your essay, Ed, and I have never been this way over a person either. Before I found Alizée I didn't really have any musical interests besides orchastral music. This is because I find most American singers to be sickening. I had never been a Fan of a person. However, now I am a Fan of someone for the first time, and that beautiful and stunning and magnificent and cute and very very talented person is Alizée. I love her music and I love her.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I've already told about as much of my story as I'm comfortable sharing in public, even though I've read some things recently that have convinced me I really wouldn't be betraying any of Alizée's secrets by telling all of it, as I once thought -- or anyway none she hasn't betrayed herself already. But for myself, rather than for her, I still want to keep some of it private.

So I have only two things to add. Nobody is just what they do for a living. Alizée is a long way from being "just a pop star" and shouldn't be thought of that way. She's a very special person, far more beautiful on the inside than on the outside, which in her case is saying a lot. And just as she is not "just a pop star," what you folks are experiencing isn't "just being a fan." That word doesn't properly describe it. This is unique, because she is unique.

The other thing I want to say, is this: Alizée, you have built up quite a store of goodwill here. I can sometimes be critical and sound angry when I'm not, especially when you can't hear my tone of voice or see my facial expressions; the truth is I have never even approached being mad at you, and it would take so much betrayal to get me there that, considering who you are, I don't think it's possible. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do, now that you're fully an adult and no longer under Mylène's wing. This is going to be good!

But even if it never happens (which I'm confident it will)

Si tu n'es plus une chanteuse et je peux plus être ton fan, je serais toujours ton ami.

(If you are no longer a singer and I can no longer be your fan, I will always be your friend.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

That was beautiful, Deepwaters. Although I am confused by your first paragraph.

Reading all of your tales has reminded me of my own, and I must say I am suprised by the waves of emotion I am hit by thinking about it. I would never of thought it possible to have the hairs on your neck stand on end just thinking about someone you had never met. I never thought it possible to be so enthralled by a stranger's voice, their movements, their persona. I never, even, thought it possible for me to like pop music ( I still don't beyond Alizée, mind). But, then, Lili came into my world and the rest is history.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.