Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Alizée fan

isabella is on a distinguished road
Default website maker

I think some of you already know about my website (www.alizee.tk).
I really want to make a better and more profesional one (like nid d'alizée or melo d'alizée).
Does anyone know a programm or other to make good website's?
Thanks in advance

btw does anyone know a free programm to make videos?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Isabella, the best way to make websites look good it to learn HTML and CSS, and to open up your favourite text editor. Thought it seems ironic, programs like Dreamweaver and other WSYWIG (what you see is what you get) web editors are not the best way to make a good web page. The reason is because the code that the program writes is not efficient at all, and it's very hard for a human to understand or edit it.

Also, your current site doesn't look bad, except for the multitude of ads. recommend that you at the very least get rid of the ads that you voluntarily put there. After that, you'd have to pay for a pro .tk address or switch to your own domain to get rid of the top bar, which is the worst one. I'd recommend buying yourself a .com domain; it's ten bucks a year, which is not bad at all.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM

kdn is on a distinguished road

Isabella, I'm not good at graphic stuff but if you want to remake the site, just send me the new design (preferred in layered .PSD) and I will turn it into a fully functional website for you.

About those programs I think I couldn't say it better than espire.
Sad thing is there are still many so-called professional web designers don't understand that simple thing or worst, try to deny it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

about the easiest thing to do is search google for 'free css template' and find one you like. then just replace the content with your own content.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM

kdn is on a distinguished road

How about this one?

Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

kdn, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't really like it at all. I do see the goldfish reference, though.

Edit: After reading that again, it looks rude, even though I said I don't mean to be. I don't dislike it that much, I actually very much like the basics of that, such as the positioning of things, and the navbar. To tell you the truth, it's pretty much just the colour that I don't like.

Last edited by espire; 08-08-2007 at 09:44 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Pretty good site, KDN....looks like its CSS heavy. Color scheme is abit weird, though

I like dreamweaver, but personally I use Adobe Flex 2 for designing sites. Based on the Eclispe Platform and is Flash-based...its pretty pwrful, but has a bit of a steep learning curve for it if you've never done any OOP.

Isabella, i'd stay away from using Frames. The Top-Nav / Bottom - content feature is common, but limits your content development.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Jehuty

Dingo Egret is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
about the easiest thing to do is search google for 'free css template' and find one you like. then just replace the content with your own content.
true this is a good way for a start =)

also since you use photoshop you can make the website full look with photoshop then cut it with "slice tool" and then from file choose "Save for web" , after that go to the design you saved and open it with the microsoft Frontpage and edit whatever you want

for the start i think it's good to use Frontpage and photoshop
i just checked nid alizee website it's very simple you can make something like it with photoshop and Frontpage

about the video making program windows come with "Windows Movie Maker" and i think you can download "Windows Movie Maker 2" for free

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx

there is a better programs for making videos but that's the only one i know for free

Good Luck =)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Unknown is on a distinguished road

i like that kdn! but it would be nice if it would be a Alizée site! like forums!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Alizée fan

isabella is on a distinguished road

Thanks all!
I'm happy with most of the design (with thanks to amelie) but i'm unhappy with the space. I can't put all the things that i want on it, and that irritates me