Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2007, 07:03 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road
Default Everyone has a story

A combination of factors, not in the least anticipation of her return and curiosity on my part have lead me to ask you this question: What is your story? How did you find Alizée, what were your thoughts, how did you find this website, what has her impact on your life been?

As for myself... Back this past summer (2007), I was struggling with insomnia, and when one is up for 14 hours straight day to day, one tries to find things to keep oneself sane. So one early August morning, I was perusing Youtube for comical videos based on things that interest me... namely World of Warcraft. I stumbled upon a video that has all the dances and where they came from, and this incredibly beautiful girl pops up, and the name... Alizée. A quick search leads to the wonderful J'en Ai Marre video, and I watched it, and I watched it again. It wasn't so much the allure of a sexy woman, but that this music was captivating. I needed to find some more. A few more Youtube videos and a Google search later, and I find Riccardo's website, and this site linked to it. A day or two later, I sign up, and the rest is history.

As for her impact, I have anxiety disorder and that lets me get quite rude, bitter, and angry if I don't keep a close watch on my emotions-which I didn't care to before I found her, and was a generally unlikable person. I've been trying to do better on that front since then. I also have been slowly learning French and want to see what the rest of the world has to offer.

Well, there I am-Whats your story, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Alizee!

Norsken is on a distinguished road

Well my history is veary like yours Fish.
I was watching on youtube and searched for wow.
Suddenly i saw this wow dance clip whit all the dances of
the races to wow and when i came to the nightelf...
I just sat there and watched that small clip of alizee over and over
again. Then i thought i just have to see more. I dident think I was going
to find hur becaus im not so lucky to find what I search for.
But there in one of the comments it was saying something
about the nightelf dance and Alizee. So i searched on Youtube for it
and found it. And then i searced for alizee on Google because i had
to know more about hur and wanted to know what she was singing about. I found a french site and it was some links
there that i followed and voila.
One of the thing I maybe liked most about this site was it had eng translation of hur songs, so thank you so much to who that did that!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I found her simply by a friend that posted the j'en ai marre video on a message board we use to just share stuff in and than I fell in love and being new to Alizée I googled her and this is one of the top results and the rest is history

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Justin is on a distinguished road

hmmm I found her about 2 months ago on myspace. I was watching some kind of sexy dance thing and I was looking through of what else this guy had uploaded and he uploaded a video of alizee. I watched it and I though she was just another slut like britney spears (becauase thats what she seemed like in that video) so I just went off and looked at other stuff. then I came across the same video so I thought I would look her up on youtube and when I typed in her name it seemed like a billion videos poped up of her. so I watched the first one that poped up which was j'en ai marre and I completley fell in LOVE with her! Just by the way she looked and by the way she dance I knew she wasnt a slut like britney spears lol. so I sat there and watched the same video over and over and she looked young and I was sooo happy that she looked like my age then I found a video of her when she was 15 and I was completely sure I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS GIRL MY WIFE! because I didnt know what her age was at that time and I found all these videos of her when she was young so I though she had to be at least 15-16 but then I looked her up on google and found stuff about her and found out she was 22(at that time) and was going to be 23 and she was married,had a child, and lived in france! AHHHHH!! when I found that out I completely died! I was soooooooooooooooo much in love with this girl I I actually cried because I heard that she was married and 23 im not even 20 yet. not even close. im only 14. but I was soooo much in love with her! so I started to look at more piuctures and videos on google about her and found this site. soo I signed up for it and here I am now lol

theres my story lol
Old 09-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

I wasa bit drunk snce my I lost my loved one and I went to another girl to find cmofort and she had Lili playing on her CD player. I toldd her to reply it after it stoppedd since i likeed it much. We played it alll night and when I next day remember her I find hre music and it kept me going thrgouh the times.

Without her I wouldn't be here anymore..
Old 09-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Somehow I stumbled on the JEAM video on Google, quite by accident. I found her voice and the song immediately appealing. I also remember being intrigued by her eyes, her face and her facial expressions. It took a little while longer for me to warm up to the dance part of it. I then did a search for Alizée and watched many of her videos. I then found this site, lurked for a while and then joined. As I watched her interviews and the Star à domicile videos, I gained a much deeper appreciation for her as a person.

When I saw the Parler tout bas video I was surprised to realize that I had seen it before on American TV back when it first came out. It was one of those one hour news magazine programs. I think it was a report about how fast children are growing up nowadays, but I don’t really remember. All I remember is that they played an excerpt from the Parler tout bas video and I was totally mesmerized by it at the time. I thought to myself that I’ll never get to see that again, but now I have a copy of it on my hard drive!

Anyways, the single most appealing thing to me is Alizée’s voice, and that’s what has the most hold over me.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

My story is here:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=41594
Old 09-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Most of my story is in the New Members thread from where I joined awhile back. But I'm even more addicted to her voice now then I was when I wrote that

Lefty said something a few days ago that I think is very true :

Quote:
It’s like some of us are tuned to some sympathetic resonance with Alizée’s voice, like we were biologically engineered to mesh with her in auditory bliss. We can’t deny it any more than we can deny ourselves food when we are hungry, or drink when we are thirsty.
That pretty much sums up how I feel. While I know there are some singers who are technically more talented, her voice just has me hooked..it just has an appeal that I can't explain. That alone would be enough of a reason for me to be a big fan. But after I watched all the interviews and live performances and learned more about her..I just kept getting drawn in more and more.

Last edited by Calisto; 09-22-2007 at 05:52 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I am different to everyone else, in that I originally saw a picture on a different forum in a thread called, and I quote, "Only pics of hot chicks thread" (the shame!). The guy who posted the picture described her as "some French singer called Alizée". So, I originally fell in love with the image, but when I looked her up, I was enthralled. Her voice, her attitude, everything about her seemed to be perfection personified, and I never looked back.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:19 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I will admit, the first thing that caught my eye was her dancing. I became curious about this dancer, and why her moves so facinated me.

Then I started looking for more information, which led me to this site. This site is really where I "found" Alizée. I became captivated by her singing, and her personality, and by how she expressed herself.

The stars-a-domicile programs really got me; how much she cared, and how good a person she was. Finally, I began to realize that we were very much on the same wavelength (similar backgrounds, interests, and family makeup among other things).

Now I am a fan, and am rooting for her as she starts this new phase in her career and life.